Making a Murderer (Netflix) - New info

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Again, I think Avery probably killed her because there doesn't seem to be an alternate explanation that makes any sense without having to dive into really crazy conspiracy theory (unless something further comes from this Bobby stuff). But that doesn't mean it was ok for the cops to railroad either of these guys.

This is simply not true. The idea that Brendan's brother and step-father had access and time is plausible. The ex-boyfriend is pretty suspicious as well. It's plausible that Avery did in fact commit the crime and it's equally as plausible he did not. The whole case was built on circumstantial evidence that is suspect. And the way so many of the important players acted during the investigation and disregarded protocol doesn't help.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jive Turkey

Karen
the ignition blood smear looks more like a thick and heavy q-tip swab, than an accidental finger brush, just ask any woman who has put on make up.

or a painter.

Not to get too involved here ('member the last time?), but the episode where they couldn't replicate the smear wasn't very convincing to me. They tried too hard to control the possible modes of blood transfer when there could have been any number of ways for the blood to transfer to that part of the dash. Some people extend their pinky when they start a car. Or the blood could have first been transferred to his sleeve, which them swiped across the dash.
That's not to claim it one way or another, I just thought it was a bit suspect how they were like "we tried two ways and couldn't replicate... must be impossible" . Also that woman's face gives me the heebie-jeebies, so

Anyway, as you were

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
This is simply not true. The idea that Brendan's brother and step-father had access and time is plausible. The ex-boyfriend is pretty suspicious as well. It's plausible that Avery did in fact commit the crime and it's equally as plausible he did not. The whole case was built on circumstantial evidence that is suspect. And the way so many of the important players acted during the investigation and disregarded protocol doesn't help.
Strang and Buting couldn't prove motive for any of these people prior to his first trial and that's why the state denied their motions to circumvent Denny. Zellner brings up Bobby and his computer more as a Brady violation than anything. You also have to buy into the Rav4 blood being planted and maybe you've seen enough to think that a possibility. Generally, I think the logistics of that are pretty hard to really make feasible.

I'm not really trying to get into an argument over this though and I'm not even saying even if he did kill her he should have been found guilty, just that he is the most likely suspect. I don't have a problem with anyone disagreeing with that though, because again, no one should be denying the railroading he received by law enforcement.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The problem comes from where do you draw the line. The cops say the key randomly fell out, everyone else says it was planted. Who do you believe? If the key really did fall out then what? Whose word do you take as the truth ?

Been a while since I watched this, but wasn't there something about people who were instructed not to be there showed up anyways and not everyone signed in that they were at the place?

• 1Like

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just finished S2, I'll agree that Zellner is a little wacky but she knows her stuff too. There is no doubt in my mind that if she was his lawyer for the trial it would of been 'not guilty' or hung. I look at this case the same way I look at Peterson in 'The Staircase' in that it is more likely than not that he killed her. However the state (prosecution/cops) wanted to convict the guy so bad that they bent the rules to ensure he would be found guilty. They tried the same thing in the Peterson case, what got Peterson out was they found the SBI guy was dirty. If that had not happened Peterson would still be in jail today. The problem Zellner has is she has an extreme burden of proof that what cops did were dirty.

One of the bigger things in S2 that are hard to explain is the internet searches on the computer. If you buy the idea that it was not Brendan who did those searches than that really discredits Bobby Dassey. On top of that his mother on that phone call argument with Steven basically all but admits that he (Bobby) perjured himself on the stand when she says he said he saw her (TH) leave the property.

After watching both seasons it's pretty obviously that for most anyone in this country that's accused of murder and brought to trial, the odds are so stacked against you that it really is some miracle if you can get off. After you get convicted you really don't have a chance in hell of getting out unless there's DNA evidence pointing to someone else after the fact or (like in the Staircase) you find (and can prove) the investigators/crime lab is dirty. The Dassey case has to be one of the biggest examples of railroading someone (his conviction got overturned TWICE and he's still in jail).

Now all that being said, I recently met with someone who happens to live in WI and knows the area fairly well. He told me that the documentary is not even giving you half the story and that most people who live there think both of em are guilty as hell.

• 1Solidarity

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
As has been said here many times whether there was any collusion or not the county was to incompetent to be given a pass on this. This is just another example.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
'Making A Murderer' subject Steven Avery will have new evidence heard by court in his case | Fox News

If it is true that the state released the bones back to the Halbach family without notifying Avery or his lawyers, and it looks like that is the case, we could see a situation where Avery is released from prison while Dassey remains locked up. That is insane. Any lawyers know whether this development could help Dassey even though he is out of appeals?
It's not only true but the state has admitted they released those bones to the family.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users