Malaysian Airlines 777 Shot Down (?)

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I thought you wuz in RRP broski. Keep post farming like that and maybe they'll send you back in (assuming you have a case of the Shawshanks).

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Regardless of who shot the plane down, it's a bit frustrating that the Euros and the US are still too busy cupping each others balls when this could have been a significant cassus belli to start moving troops to the Ukraine and exert some military pressure on Putin. Instead very little has changed and Putin must be ecstatic that what could have turned into a fiasco is instead looking to become an embarrassment for the West. The West couldn't even manage to tell the rebels to fuck off, it was more like"our unarmed civilian officials were excluded from the crash site and the rebels took all the bodies and the black box and told us to go pound sand". It sounds like the people that went to investigate the crash are going to have to go to the rebels hat-in-hand and wait for whatever the rebels are willing to give them, which is crazy considering that it's likely that it was the rebels who accidentally shot the plane down in the first place.

What a bunch of fucking maroons.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Regardless of who shot the plane down, it's a bit frustrating that the Euros and the US are still too busy cupping each others balls when this could have been a significant cassus belli to start moving troops to the Ukraine and exert some military pressure on Putin. Instead very little has changed and Putin must be ecstatic that what could have turned into a fiasco is instead looking to become an embarrassment for the West. The West couldn't even manage to tell the rebels to fuck off, it was more like"our unarmed civilian officials were excluded from the crash site and the rebels took all the bodies and the black box and told us to go pound sand". It sounds like the people that went to investigate the crash are going to have to go to the rebels hat-in-hand and wait for whatever the rebels are willing to give them, which is crazy considering that it's likely that it was the rebels who accidentally shot the plane down in the first place.

What a bunch of fucking maroons.
Oh you wanted to use an international tragedy to attack Russia?

That's nice.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah man, fermenting civil war in a country and shooting down airliners, nothing to worry about.

And dont bother bringing up Iraq, we this thread isnt about Iraq.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All I know is the way i see some of the public and a lot of politicians talk war, troops, etc and seeming to want to be constantly in a conflict somewhere, I am glad I decided against joining the military all those years ago and instead went to college.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Who has the most to gain from a civilian jetliner being shot over Ukraine? Follow the proverbial money

iannis

Musty Nester
Moving troops into Ukraine isn't the same thing as attacking Russia.
It kinda could be.

I mean I agree with you. But if we did it and Putin started making claims about unwarranted aggression... it's kinda hard to say he's 100% wrong. Maybe like 75% wrong? About the aggression part. When irregulars are shooting down jet airliners I do think it warrants some response. I just don't think it warrants a response from the American military.

And it's a salient question, Ara. But I think the answer is "whoever moves in to stabilize". And that's not "The West" by default.

iannis

Musty Nester
They areless likelyto happen if your country isn't a warzone though!

This is some pretty high stakes shit if you think about it. It's too bad that Kerry is our man.

Another reason you don't want "American Leadership" on this issue, EU. Look at who the fucking leader WOULD BE before you start calling for it. You're tellin me there's nobody, nobody, better in Germany?

Grivyn

Molten Core Raider
Easy fix would be for the west to start supplying and training the Chechens then see how Russia likes it.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
We mostly trained afghans to fight russians. The 9/11 bombers were 100% arab, mostly from saudi arabia. I imagine it remains an arab-centric organization.