male rape survivors

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
I imagine Tanooba gets frustrated into trolling. When the only content you take away from his posts are "Men are evil, yo," there is only so much further argument he can make. I notice that Kurin and Antarius only speak their minds on women in either a sexual or relationship perspective. It makes me wonder if they silently seethe at their female bosses, glower at their female friends, and dimly wonder how did we ever come to a world where three women sit on America's Supreme Court. How do they handle their daily interactions with women without collapsing into fear and anger?
they speak from sexual/relationship perspective because human relations are not form out of random equation, but evolutionary/biological. that is the most scientific approach you can make. otherwise, it is just anecdotal arguments which are often clouded by bias.

The problem with misogynism isn't that women get hurt. Who gives a fuck. Maybe women do, but I don't.

The problem with it is that it's self limiting. You start to see exactly what you expect to see. And if there is no wonder left in the world you seriously need to start worrying about that.
Yep. I've stopped caring about what others are and focus on self-improvement through rational male materials.

iannis

Musty Nester
There is that gradation between "want to fuck -- can't fuck -- don't want to fuck -- wouldn't fuck".

It's a scale. And you can be platonic friends with any woman who falls below the "want to fuck" threshold.

At two points on that simple scale you would STILL fuck your friend given the proper set of circumstances. But you're not actively trying to fuck them. That is what interferes fatally with trying to be friends with a "want to fuck".

If you're red blooded and manly enough that all you require is a wet hole and a pulse, with one of those two thing being optional, then yeah... it really IS sort of impossible.

Some guys when they come over even the fish stop swimming.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Sure. A lot of my guy friends in college were asian. Good people to hang out with and be around, but there was no question of physical attraction between us (especially considering most of them only went for off-the-boat Korean girls.) With caucasians not so much, but it happens. Stayed friends even with some guys I dated. Know it's not the norm, and I know there was sexual tension that was part of a lot of those platonic relationships, but it can be done.
Being friends with a member of a woman that you're attracted to means you'll be remembered as the Asian guy/s from college that we're interpreted as clearly sexually interested but never acted.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Hero? For posting logical well-written posts?

That's not what I'd call a hero, but he is an entertaining poster and fairly articulate.

Kurin quote:The bad news and the good news of this is that, as connectivity and communication among men increases, so too do many realize that the "right woman" trope is an impossibility, even for the most gracious of women. Thanks to the rise of the internet, we have an entire community of men exchanging their individual experiences with women, to compare and contrast with their own. The good part that it's easy to generate a list of red flags to watch out for, or read about the consequences men have suffered. The bad part is that with that greater understanding comes the realization that even the best of women are still subject to biology, the feminine imperative, and the fem-centric environment they find themselves in.

Quoted because it needed to be repeated.
What the fuck does this shit mean anyway. Was it suprising for you (Kirun), that when you broke up with your anime pillow and left your house, that woman are normal people? Acting like people? Having emotions like people? Better go back to cuddling with the pillow.

Edit: Bah, messed up the quote. Sorry Antarius.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Question, is the man who lived with his parents playing EQ for nearly ten years for fear of the outside world really the authority of masculinity, and an alpha male at that? Is Kirun the leader of men that Rerolled deserves?
EQ was over 15 years ago, I played it or other RPGs heavily for 7. 8 years can give you a lot of life experience in a hurry, especially if you pay attention to the world at large. Not to mention, I was 13 when EQ was released. Not exactly a male's "prime" years to be learning about what masculinity is, what it means to be a "man", etc. It's hilarious to claim that you were a "pussy master", or learned many of the qualities required for attracting the opposite sex from the ages of 13-20. Those are truly the years where men exemplify all that is male...

I don't claim to be a "hero", I never have. Nor do I claim to be an "authority" on the subject. All I've done is offer a man's point of view. It's up to you to decide what to do with it. People are warping and twisting my words as an "attack", or a "hatred" of women. I've already discussed at length as to why they do this.

The minute you start saying dumb shit like women aren't good enough to be friends, or that no matter what woman you interact with, they are going to be subject to the "feminine imperative" and their biology (his code word for crazy and having no emotional control, which he has said also in his posts), I really don't see how you can see the person as anything other than a misogynist.
I've never said "women aren't good enough to be friends". That's your warped interpretation of what I've said. Anytime I even mention the word woman, you and several others can't wait to beat the drum of "woman hater!", yet I'm the one who holds onto such binary, black and white opinions? I've also never said that women havenoemotional control, but I have said that they are creatures which are heavily influencedbytheir emotion/biology.
Misogynist isn't entirely meant to be dismissive. It's not a curse. There is always the temptation to attribute moral weight to these kinds of words. Kurin just lays it on really thick, and he paintseverywoman with that single brush. It is an over generalization which is neither useful or accurate.
I've already covered the "generalizing" topic inthispost. Humans generalize abouteverything. Just take a look at your memories of life - sure, you remember certain anecdotes or specifics here and there, but most of what you retain, and what you relate to others in your your day-to-day life? Those are yourgeneralexperiences.

"You can't paint all women with the same brush!", "Quit generalizing women so much!", or "Nuh, uh! Not all women are like that, just the shitty ones you hang out with!", are the most common, default responses to feminine "personal offenses". Obviously women's minds(or humans in general)don't run through a mental algorithm step by step like this until they repurpose objectivity into a subjective universal truth they find more agreeable. They don't need to when the work is already done for them with the "quit generalizing!" responses.

Just as with other feminine social conventions like, "just be yourself!" or the classic, "I just want to be friends!", "not all women are like that!" is a mental process that?s already been socialized by the feminine imperative for ease-of-use. Even when women(or feminized men)are forced by incontrovertible evidence to concede an objective observation that is damaging to the feminine, "not all women are like that!" is useful.

It's usually at this point of concession that the "men do it too!" reaction is enacted. If at some point during the process of personal reinterpretation a woman has the spark of real introspection, or is forced to acknowledge an unflattering aspect of female nature men make in the objective, the next natural response is to compare that aspect to another male aspect.

The rationale is one of "well, we women are bad, but you men are worse!", and it simply sidesteps the original, objective point being made. Distracting the issue is bad debate, but it's interesting to see the natural fluidity with which feminized minds will resort to it. The issue isn'tthe issue,the issue is that men do something similar so the offensive point is invalidated. Needless to say this does nothing to address the original point.

The usefulness of the response really extends beyond just a defensive measure though. It is used and personalized in the hopes that women will generate sympathetic opinions of themselves(usually through personal anecdotes), and by extension women on whole, in defense of feminine perspectives. However, not all women are like that..until all womenarelike that.

If I were to debate the uniquely feminine merits of feminine social conventions that cast women in a positive light(one that compliments the feminine imperative),then all womenarelike that, and what's better is thatno man is ever like that. For example, if I were to bolster the myth about how "unknowable" women are or prattle on, praising the various aspects of the feminine, you would rarely read "yeah, but not all women are like that". Nor would you read "yeah, but men do this too." If I find something praiseworthy about the feminine, then no woman has an objective problem with "all women are like that", and there will never be a sympathetic counter-element that finds a corollary with anything men do. In essence, "not all women are like that!"(until they are), but men arealwayslike that.

I notice that Kurin and Antarius only speak their minds on women in either a sexual or relationship perspective. It makes me wonder if they silently seethe at their female bosses, glower at their female friends, and dimly wonder how did we ever come to a world where three women sit on America's Supreme Court. How do they handle their daily interactions with women without collapsing into fear and anger?
Newsflash: 99% of the discussion of women on this board is in a sexual or relationship context. Pay attention to the world around you. 99% ofallconversations men have about women contain a sexual context/undertone. So, yeah, naturally most of my comments on women are of a sexual nature.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Not very long, but spoilered anyway as a courtesy:

It seems as though I've struck a nerve. Perhaps there's something you wish to tell us? The closer you get to the truth, the louder women screech. This board has certainly seen its fair share of transgenders, so this is a safe place. Nearly everyone was completely convinced that Evelys was a she. A lot of people were convinced that Millie was a she. You're probably the first female pretending to be male that we've had, but there's a first for everything.
Really? Struck a nerve?That'swhat you got out of my response? The more you push that you're certain I'm a woman because I meet several of the characteristics on your "female" checklist, the less credibility you have as a speaker on gender issues. By all means, keep going. You have yet to rustle a single jimmy of mine, as I am not offended by being compared to a female. It's you who considers this an insult.

Empathy is understanding what others are feeling because you haveexperiencedit yourself,or can put yourself in their shoes.
Bolded part is important. Having experienced what some else experiences is NOT a prerequisite for empathy.

However, my wife's first reaction to that pain would be, "Oh, men are such babies! They all complain about how much it hurts! You think that's painful?! Try having a kid!". It's as if by dismissing the injury I would get up and say, "You know what? It?s really not so bad!" and go back to mowing the lawn.
I'm sorry you married a bitch (or "asshole", if you prefer a gender-neutral term). My wife would never react to an injury of mine with condescending mockery, nor would any woman I've ever met. Your generalizations are terrible, and you should feel terrible. What you think is an insightful and clever expos? of gender roles is, in fact, an ignorant and small-minded reliance on inaccurate stereotypes. I guess it's not entirely your fault. Your words are shaped by the MRA agenda. They're convincing society that men are actually the victims and you, having been hurt by females in the past (and present), have found an ideology that "clicks" with you. It's human nature. A little bit of critical thinking might have prevented you from being brainwashed in this way, but alas, people believe what they want to believe. For the most part, males like you are more or less oblivious to the masculine imperative that's conditioned them. Whether this is a willful denial or simple indifferent ignorance is debatable, but in either case, these men take the identification of alpha to the logical extreme. In a world of macho assholes, to seem unique requires a greater devotion to the masculine imperative.

The Freudian slips that sneak into your responses don't go unnoticed, I assure you.
Not a Freudian slip. Intentional word choice, honey buns.

Chris

Potato del Grande
From experience, I think that your classic internet person CAN'T have female friends because their social skills are not good enough to produce a wide circle of friends or a girlfriend, so the few female friends they do have become the focus of their desire which they are not skilled enough to act on. This is not healthy for the man as he will just get frustrated at lack of progression from friend to girlfriend and then post angry stuff on the internet when they end up with an asshole who was confident enough to get somewhere with them.

I've been that person and felt a lot better after basically cutting off contact with the female friends I had. They were great friends but I didn't need a friend I needed a girlfriend - it really wasn't anything to do with them although they could have been more aware of my problems I guess.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
I get it coming from Tanooba; if you say anything other than all men are evil to the core and make women suffer under their Patriarchy(s)heit goes into full wharrgarbl rage. But whats up with the others?
Funny, I never said anything close to, nor did I even imply that "all men are evil". Why would you even get that impression? What did you misinterpret as -

Dunno man, as soon as I see someone use the expression "privileged male" to base their argument, my lunatic meter tingles pretty hard. That kind of stuff really makes it easy for whoever is arguing for the other side to look sane.
Ah! That explains it. So you're a bandwagon jumper incapable of critical thought. Got it.

When the only content you take away from his posts are "Men are evil, yo," there is only so much further argument he can make.
Again, citation needed. Some of you guys haveawfulreading skills.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
It's telling how well trained tanoomba is by the prevalence of anal retentive insults.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is it really so hard to just not consider someone more than friends? Do you not have female family, or are your sisters and cousins fair game? If you can keep from trying to fuck family, what about inlaws and the like? Do you try to fuck your best friend's girlfriend? What about really old or too young? We all friendzone, some people just draw a line and lose control after it, like every single attractive woman is a potential to save them from a life of dorky loneliness or whatever. Learn some self control and be friends. It doesn't mean you can't get laid, it just means you control yourself.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Is it really so hard to just not consider someone more than friends? Do you not have female family, or are your sisters and cousins fair game? If you can keep from trying to fuck family, what about inlaws and the like? Do you try to fuck your best friend's girlfriend? What about really old or too young? We all friendzone, some people just draw a line and lose control after it, like every single attractive woman is a potential to save them from a life of dorky loneliness or whatever. Learn some self control and be friends. It doesn't mean you can't get laid, it just means you control yourself.
Out of bounds people like you list aren't really "friendzone" lol.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So? You just apply the same thinking to people who aren't "out of bounds" yet in your mind (but you're out of bounds in theirs) and end up happier for it.

All I'm saying is, I don't try or even think about trying with any of my three brother's ladies, and I also don't try with my good friend's stripper girlfriend, and with some of my female friends that don't want to be more than friends. I'll even go so far as to want to fuck a chick, be turned down, and just stop thinking about her that way and still be friends. The friendship is worth it and there's tons of other women so why get hung up on one.

Saying men and women can't be friends is stupid. You can be friends with female family. You can be friends with people who are off limits. All you have to do is learn how to apply that thinking wherever needed. Complaining about the friendzone is for shitty friends with no game and ulterior/dishonest motives.