male rape survivors

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Your entire problem is that you'restilla pussy. You might want to quit feminizing yourself, lest you grow a vag. With that said..

Masculinity, or "being a man", has been redefined by people(men and women)who have no concept of what the original definition is. The behaviors and characteristics that constitute what is uniquely masculine aren?t being challenged, they?ve been redefined to fit the purposes of an agenda.

The root of the male-equalist problem, is that there has been a concerted effort to "de-masculinize" society, not only in mass media, but down to how we educate and condition our youth to assume masculine and feminine roles. Whatisbeing challenged, is the predisposition of males in predominantly western culture to evenconsiderwhat masculinity is.

When men become feminized, are we leveling the playing field, or are we progressing towards homogenization of gender? You "equalists" hail this as a victory of a new gender paradigm. Why should masculine traits be of lower value than feminine ones? ??The very characteristics that define traditional masculinity - independence, self-confidence, individualism, physical strength, risk taking, problem solving and innovation ? we are now supposed to believe are(or should be)the aspirations of women, to the point that ridicule of thesolelyfeminine female is the norm. "Girl, quit being so submissive! You need to tell that man of yours how it is! You're a strong, independent woman! Don't let a man treat you that way!" - sound familiar? In expecting women to be just as masculine as men, while simultaneously expecting them to still embody a feminine ideal, not only does it put undue, unrealistic ideals upon them, but also devalues the merits of their own femininity.

Given this new gender dynamic, notice that women aren't discouraged from claiming their femininity inadditionto their masculinity? Quite the opposite - they?re encouraged to "handle their business as well as any man"and"still be a sexy, alluring woman every man should want." Yet, in opposition to this dynamic, men arenotencouraged to embrace their masculine side. We are told to "quit being a pussy", for sure, but our masculinity is often considered a "flaw". We're often told to "embrace our feminine side!" - we're told to be more sensitive, emotional, empathetic, nurturing, etc. Conversely, women arecongratulatedfor embodying masculine traits inadditionto an acceptance of her feminine character. Men, however, are conditioned to believe that feminine traitsaremasculine traits, and any traditionally masculine characteristics that manifest themselves, are the unfortunate byproducts of our "flawed" biology.

The real issue of redefining gender, like most things that women attempt to redefine, is that it's rife with "double standards". Men should be so feminized as to loathe their inherent masculinity, yet still be held liable for uniquely male, traditionally masculine responsibilities and accountability, simply by virtue of them being male. It?s a gender Catch 22 - hate your masculinity, but be held responsible for not "being man enough" to solve uniquely male problems, get "shamed" when a masculinized woman steps in to do so, andthenbe ridiculed for not being as masculine as she is. That?s the cycle.
See, this shit is PURE GOLD. "Men are not allowed to be masculine and forced to be feminine! Women are praised for being masculine or feminine! Life is hard, you guys! Won't somebody PLEASE THINK OF THE MEN???"
rrr_img_65972.jpg

Ha ha ha you fucking pussy.

Extra moron points for assuming you are the authority on what the "original definition" of masculinity is, and for thinking it relevant.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
See, this shit is PURE GOLD. "Men are not allowed to be masculine and forced to be feminine! Women are praised for being masculine or feminine! Life is hard, you guys! Won't somebody PLEASE THINK OF THE MEN???"
I can see we have a very masculinized woman on our hands. But, you played right into my trap card. I'm really starting to think you'reactuallyfemale at this point...

Feminization has built in theperfectcatch 22 social convention for anything masculine. The expectation to assume the responsibilities of being a man(man up, you pussy!!), while at the same time shaming asserting masculinity as a positive(shut up already!). Any aspect of maleness that serves the feminine purpose is a man's masculine responsibility, yet any aspect thatdisagreeswith feminine primacy is labeled patriarchy and misogyny. The guy who does in fact "man up" is a chauvinist, misogynistic, or patriarch, but he still needs to man up when it's convenient to meet the needs of a female imperative.

"Men need to suck it up and deal with life, like adults, without expecting a medal for it!"

In other words, suck it up when convenient, and sack up when necessary. In a sense, you're not wrong- an inherent part of the male experience is not to complain about adversity, not to complain about pain, and not to complain about suffering. "Man up", be strong and don't let on to any vulnerability. If that sounds contradictory to a lifetime of feminine sensitivity training for men, it should, but only because it's half of the usefulness of the catch 22. Man up and be useful, to women, to the feminine imperative! The problem is, equality only applies to what benefits the feminine, anything else that constitutes a man is a liability.

In this case, you're using the catch 22 is an attempt to shame me, as is evidenced by your "attempt" to point to a lack of "manhood". By virtue of my maleness, I literally cannot win, and any expression of this condition, even thequestioningof this situation, is perceived as me complaining about it. What I'm describing here is the core issue - just asking a question or making a critical observation about the feminine, with regard to the male condition, is always conflated with men complaining - somethingmenaren't allowed to do. It comes off as "poor men", just as you attempted to point out, but it distracts and discourages real discourse about the conditioning. That is how effective the catch 22 is. It kills all critical inquiry before the questions can even be asked.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
The majority of us aren't factory workers or farmers anymore. Physical prowess and testosterone are not essential to "secure what we need" anymore.
From a while ago, I wasted more time then I should finding this gem.

It was in that other thread I just necro'd, this sticks out to me as not being something most guys would ever say. It just screams, "Hey I don't understand violence or dealing with violent situations, I'm not really a guy and have no idea what I'm talking about but I like posing as one."

Even the craven will post with tough guy mentality, it is the internet after all.

Also there's other things, like get's insulted and says "well now you're just being a jerk", Really? why don't you just call them a big doo-doo head.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
humbling oneself in servitude and obedience but does what he must do is a sign of great man.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
From a while ago, I wasted more time then I should finding this gem.

It was in that other thread I just necro'd, this sticks out to me as not being something most guys would ever say. It just screams, "Hey I don't understand violence or dealing with violent situations, I'm not really a guy and have no idea what I'm talking about but I like posing as one."

Even the craven will post with tough guy mentality, it is the internet after all.

Also there's other things, like get's insulted and says "well now you're just being a jerk", Really? why don't you just call them a big doo-doo head.
Yeah, I had my inclinations when he started posting, but like I said above, I'm really beginning to think that "he" is a she. Or, he has becomesofeminized, he might as well be a she.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've been outspokenly against the foh tranny trend where it was people known to whore for attention, so I assumed the transitions were no different and offensive to "real" transgender people not doing it because they crave that.

If Tanoomba transitions I'll support it 100%. Right now the dude is completely unlikeable and he seems to embody all kinds of feminine stereotypes already. Maybe changing his outward appearance to match his insides will make him bearable? One could only hope.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
*sigh*
(Takes deep breath)
Buckle your seat belts, kids.

I can see we have a very masculinized woman on our hands. But, you played right into my trap card. I'm really starting to think you'reactuallyfemale at this point...
How many times is this going to come up? No, seriously. I'm male, I have no reason to lie about being male, but most importantly: It makes no fucking difference whether or not I'm male. There are two reasons to "call me out" as a female:
1) As an insult. "You have a vagina! Ha ha ha!"
2) To imply that my opinion would somehow be less valid if I was a female.
Both these reasons are asinine and do nothing but express the ignorance of the speaker.

Also, holy shit. You rant and rave about the pressure on males to live up to certain male stereotypes and claim that this is to accommodate female expectations when it suits them, then you become the shining example of the male reinforcing said pressure onto other males. What girl are you trying to impress by telling them I'm not man enough? There are none here, so how is this pressure anything other than a guy just being a dick to another guy? If this pressure from females is a real problem, why are you reinforcing it and making it worse?
It doesn't bother me when people make "mangina" comments. Why should it? I feel no pressure to live up to some arbitrary definition of "manliness" and that's fine. Every woman I've ever met (and every man for that matter) has somehow been fine with that too. This pressure on males by females seems to exist primarily within your head as a way to villainize those you believe are holding you back, even while you're in the most privileged group of humans ever to exist in the history of the human race.

The guy who does in fact "man up" is a chauvinist, misogynistic, or patriarch, but he still needs to man up when it?s convenient to meet the needs of a female imperative.
Or, apparently, when other guys think he's a pussy. Hundreds of examples of that on this very board. How about you find me some examples of needing to "man up" to suit the needs of a female imperative? If you do, I'll bet it's exactly what feminism is trying to eliminate, since that is their entire fucking point after all. Still, according to you the people trying to fix unfair demands being put on people based on gender are somehow responsible for said pressure. Somehow.

In this case, you're using the catch 22 is an attempt to shame me, as is evidenced by your "attempt" to point to a lack of "manhood".
No, no, sweetie. In this case, my "attempt" to point to a lack of "manhood" is an intentional parallel being drawn to highlight the hypocrisy of challenging someone's manhood while simultaneously exhibiting supposedly un-manly behavior (whining about consequences of real-world actions, playing the victim, blaming others for one's problems). What, men who display the EXACT SAME BEHAVIOR they strongly criticize in feminists should get a free pass because they beat their chests and yell in a deeper voice? Gimme a fucking break.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
*sigh*

2) To imply that my opinion would somehow be less valid if I was a female.
Your opinion is less valid.

It would be like if I said female periods are fucking nothing and women are weak for complaining about them

carrying a baby around for 9 months is nothing, giving birth is easy, et cetera.

Who am I to make ridiculous claims about these female functions that I've never experienced?

You're a woman, you don't understand men or the role we play.

If you got it your way you would turn the US into a bunch of dribbling children in adult bodies and wait until another super power realized we've lost all sense of self and walk on top of us.

And as a woman you would hate the man that you created.

Or you're a man that has no male instinct bred into him and shouldn't be telling other men how to think.

No, no, sweetie.
See, what the fuck is this shit? What the fuck are trying to pretend you are? I know completely effeminate homosexuals who are more masculine than you, you're a farce.

iannis

Musty Nester
I just enjoy that there is a place where Kirun and Tanoo can duke it out.

Kirun with his relentless misogynism, tanoo with his relentless whatever the opposite of misogynism is.

It's like watching those volcano documentaries "WHERE LAVA MEETS THE OCEAN!"

khalid

Unelected Mod
Kirun with his relentless misogynism
Such an unfair charge. He just thinks women have no control over their emotions, aren't worthy or even capable of friendship and secretly want to get raped. Oh wait, okay, maybe he is.