Man dissolves in acidic water at Yellowstone

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Man dissolves in acidic water after he slips and falls into a Yellowstone hot spring - CNN.com

A 23-year-old Oregon man essentially dissolved inside a hot spring at Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming after he accidentally fell into it.

"They were specifically moving in that area for a place that they could potentially get into and soak," Deputy Chief Ranger Lorant Veress told CNN affiliate KULR. "I think they call it hot potting."

Scott had reached down to check the temperature of a spring when he slipped and fell into it. Rescuers later found Scott's body inside the pool, but couldn't retrieve it because of a lighting storm in the area. When they came back the next day, no remains were found beneath the spring's churning, acidic waters.

"In a very short order, there was a significant amount of dissolving,"
Veress said.

So when does the video pop up on Liveleak?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This happens entirely too frequently.

I'm not sure why anyone would think it's a good idea to get in a hot spring anywhere near Yellowstone. Just go somewhere else.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Could this be a sign that the eruption of the supervolcano is getting close?

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Vehicle of my own design; 5,000 gallons of heated dip, pumped at enormous velocity through a pressurized water cannon. Toon Town will be erased in a matter of minutes

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Dumb enough to do this, smart enough to graduate college.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I can't help but to think of the video showing ISIS burning that Jordanian pilot alive after reading this.

And oddly enough Woody Harrelson in the movie 2012.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So he likely burned to death in boiling hot acidic water, but his remains dissolved over a lengthy period of time rather than an instant "I'm melting!" movie style scene.

Still not a good way to go.

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
Lengthy as in overnight it appears.

At least he and his sister did not suffer from a caustic relationship. (groaner I know)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
His body will be lost, like tears in the rain.

Ugh, I'm way better than this. I swear after work my brain is mush.

I just hope the cops are able to diffuse the situation, maybe render some answers.

I hope he wasn't out there without a hunting license, trying to poach.

I'm trying to hard.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Pops

God bless America, we really are a melting pot.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users