Mandy (2018)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ridas

Pay to play forum
I watched it yesterday. It is as awsome as I hoped it to be. But it is definatly a movie you should watch in the theaters. Sound and the cinematography are great. It would lose a lot of its impact on a TV.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
This is why I continue to read this forum. This movie right here. Even if someone had told me that I just have to see this movie, I might not have made it through the first half hour. I'm not saying it was a bad first half hour, not at all. But it is definitely something that you need to be in the mood for, and it helps to know that it is going to be worth your time.

This movie was amazing, but also #1 on my list of "What the FUCK did I just watch?" I can only say that, if you do partake in hallucinogens of any type, I would imagine that it would take this movie to a whole other level.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Just watched it, liked it. The cult leader was great. I did see beyond the black rainbow (years?) ago, liked that too.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The thing that is sticking with me about this movie a few weeks after watching it is that it reminds me of a very specific type of movie. The sort that I would watch in my teens with my buddies that we all knew was an amazing low budget movie that would stand the test of time. We couldn't really say exactly why it was such an amazing movie other than "It's fucking awesome." I don't know if it's just sharing the same cult classic elements of others, or if it's because too many movies now are boring soulless garbage and Mandy is avoiding things that cause it.

• 2Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
6.99 on Prime video

Poppin it on

-- I took some of the "above advice" and passed out during a great sniper scene, I'll watch it a little more sober but really cool visuals and some dank violence
-- big screen and super high def is a thing to really enjoy the visuals, I'm a spoiled brat with my TV and it was sick

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Drove from DC to Baltimore last night to catch it in a theater since it's been in very limited release after the first 2 weeks. Did not disappoint.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
blu ray rips are out, actual blu ray will be out Oct 30th for redbox/etc. Weirdly this is being released on bluray/DVD only, no 4k UHD release scheduled so for those of us who prefer to only download 4k RIPs, you may as well get the 1080p it won't get any better

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Man, just watched this and it threw me for a loop.

For some reason I thought it was supposed to have more Lovecraftian elements to it, so I had hyped myself up for watching this by watching Resolution, Spring, and The Endless. I proceed to watch the movie and, like @Dom said above, I enjoyed the shit out of it as a movie that I would have sat around and cheered while watching with friends in college. I was expecting a much more obvious horror element that I thought I was getting at first with the blood drinking biker and the apparent human sacrifice, but ultimately was left really disappointed that it was nothing more than a revenge massacre. A really bloody, amazing, cocaine-Nic Cage-fueled revenge massacre. I can't help but think I would have liked this movie even more if I wouldn't have been so hyped about the parts that never materialized.

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
think he said "blood for blood" meaning, where is my sacrifice (fat guy). And Brother Swan said first things first (get us Mandy).

• 2Like

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
think he said "blood for blood" meaning, where is my sacrifice (fat guy). And Brother Swan said first things first (get us Mandy).
that's what I heard as well although it was super difficult to understand most of what the bikers were saying in the theater. Acid voices plus natural reverb made them almost unintelligible when I saw this. Had to grab a copy on Amazon and listen to it all with mastering headphones to get all of the dialogue clearly

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
that's what I heard as well although it was super difficult to understand most of what the bikers were saying in the theater. Acid voices plus natural reverb made them almost unintelligible when I saw this. Had to grab a copy on Amazon and listen to it all with mastering headphones to get all of the dialogue clearly

Thinking about it, that was probably purposeful.

Like I said, I liked the movie but it set itself up as a pretty badass, Lovecraftian horror movie then never paid that off. Instead we got a still badass revenge flick. I just expected it to be something it never ended up being, so my mindset while watching the movie was just off.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah the entire supernatural expectation of this movie was a huge letdown.

I watched it by myself and thought it was meh. I think I would have gotten a lot more out of it watching it with a friend or two so we could exclaim at some of the crazier parts.

The entire movie is almost worth the scene at the end where he smiles maniacally, covered in gore, at the camera in the passenger seat of his car. I lol'd.

Overall I give it like a 5/10 at best. Too much dick. Not enough cenobites.

• 1Like
  • 1Seriously?

spronk

FPS noob
mandy blu ray is 61% off on amazon for the next 5 hours, $12 and totally worth it
amazon.com/Mandy-Blu-ray-Nicolas-Cage/dp/B07FDQRKHQ

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users