[manga] Everything Else

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
"A Returner's magic should be special" is also good stuff. Not a ton of it but a fun read.
Strangely enough, I enjoy this more than "Solo Leveling". In "Solo Leveling" the art, action and pacing are top notch (especially for web manhwa), but when you boil it down to the story it's a gaming system power fantasy full of the usual tropes played totally straight. I guess I'm getting too old for these edgelord fantasies.

In "A Returner's magic should be special" however there is a slower power progression with more strategy and scheming to be had. I enjoy the MC more, as he is more of a father figure/teacher/strategist rolled into one person. I'm much more interested where the story goes and how the characters develop, even if its full of those cliché tropes like "bad nobles keeping the common people down"

As for overpowered protagonists with a twist, I enjoyed Peerless Dad more.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Noblesse is over. They finally ended it. I think there is another series coming out that isn't planning on being translated (so gogo scanners?).

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Regarding Solo Leveling... Holy shit, this series is great. I'm at about chapter 25 now. I'm really enjoying it.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Jammed through Returner's Magic... pretty good so far. Awaiting Peerless Dad S2.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
SIU just finished up season 2 of TOG, it's over man (for now). TOG is going on hiatus for a few months I believe.

Yuri lets her self get captured. Baam agrees to training under Evankhell. Karaka does a good guy flip for now (cliched shonen trope for ya). Gustang shows up to take the stuff the manta ray swallowed up and grant Rachel a few wishes, also delcares war on Zahard.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just finished chapter 40, against the red knight guy. This series is great. By the way, where are you finding the other shows like Peerless Dad & A Returner's Magic? Neither of them are on the Webtoons app. But other good series exist there.

Example: Hardcore Leveling Warrior, The Gamer, Winter Moon, Mage & Demon Queen, Lookism, Cape of Spirits, & The Steam Dragon Express.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Isnt returners magic just Tales of Demons & Gods ???

I read the premise and its exactly this.

Killed by a Sage Emperor and reborn as his 13 year old self, Nie Li was given a second chance at life. A second chance to change everything, save his loved ones and his beloved city. He shall once again battle with the Sage Emperor to avenge his death. With the vast knowledge he accumulated in his previous life, he shall have a new starting point. Although he started as the weakest, without a doubt, he will climb the steps towards the strongest.
Cultivating the strongest cultivation technique, wielding the strongest demon spirits, he shall reach the pinnacle of Martial Arts. Enmities of the past will be settled in this new lifetime.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
SIU just finished up season 2 of TOG, it's over man (for now). TOG is going on hiatus for a few months I believe.

Yuri lets her self get captured. Baam agrees to training under Evankhell. Karaka does a good guy flip for now (cliched shonen trope for ya). Gustang shows up to take the stuff the manta ray swallowed up and grant Rachel a few wishes, also delcares war on Zahard.
how many issues behind is the english version?

Isnt returners magic just Tales of Demons & Gods ???

I read the premise and its exactly this.

Killed by a Sage Emperor and reborn as his 13 year old self, Nie Li was given a second chance at life. A second chance to change everything, save his loved ones and his beloved city. He shall once again battle with the Sage Emperor to avenge his death. With the vast knowledge he accumulated in his previous life, he shall have a new starting point. Although he started as the weakest, without a doubt, he will climb the steps towards the strongest.
Cultivating the strongest cultivation technique, wielding the strongest demon spirits, he shall reach the pinnacle of Martial Arts. Enmities of the past will be settled in this new lifetime.
So is Volcanic Age, so is Scholar's Reincarnation, so is Soul Land (Combat Continent), and a bunch of others one. It's a huge trope that the knowledge gained in the previous life makes you amazing when you are reincarnated or returned to the previous point in your life. That or the "older person exists as a spirit to help you" rather than them reincarnating/returning (Battle through the heavens, panlong, etc).

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I just finished chapter 40, against the red knight guy. This series is great. By the way, where are you finding the other shows like Peerless Dad & A Returner's Magic? Neither of them are on the Webtoons app. But other good series exist there.

Example: Hardcore Leveling Warrior, The Gamer, Winter Moon, Mage & Demon Queen, Lookism, Cape of Spirits, & The Steam Dragon Express.
Meraki Scans for Returners (and solo leveling). Mangadex has a bunch, readmanga.today though it's got some shitty malvertising occasionally.

Ones I visit most are Mangastream, Jaimini's box, Hatigarm, meraki, and readmanga. I miss tower through the clouds and the wowe scans. There are a bunch of series I started reading that stalled out or people stopped translating.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

So is Volcanic Age, so is Scholar's Reincarnation, so is Soul Land (Combat Continent), and a bunch of others one. It's a huge trope that the knowledge gained in the previous life makes you amazing when you are reincarnated or returned to the previous point in your life. That or the "older person exists as a spirit to help you" rather than them reincarnating/returning (Battle through the heavens, panlong, etc).

Well fuck me sideways - i was unaware - which one has been going on the longest?

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider

It’s 3 chapters behind the paid sub chaps in Korea.

Also Gosu writer has cancer so its postponed indefinitely till he recuperates.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm loving the zeke torture, though I wish I could have like a 2 paragraph explainer on where the plot actually is.

Yo this shit is confusing as fuck. Manga author is not a very good artist so everyone looks the fucking same. Zeke getting his comeuppance was pretty sweet though heh.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>

i finished BTTH, then WDQK, now i'm on TGR, after a few thousand chapters, they're all the same. I'm only giving this author a shot cuz of the super world building.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
i finished BTTH, then WDQK, now i'm on TGR, after a few thousand chapters, they're all the same. I'm only giving this author a shot cuz of the super world building.
Wait, what's WDQK/TGR? Also I'm assuming you are reading them at their original spot? I don't think any of them have been translated up to 1000 chapters.