[manga] Everything Else

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The rule of thumb is that any manga based off a light novel gets put out monthly instead of weekly due to catch-up concerns.

Gask

Silver Baron of the Realm
mushoku tensei sounds like RE:Monster
They are really nothing alike apart from the rather tired reincarnation angle, additionally tensei suffers from having a main character that is often irritating and also a pedophile. Fans of the series like to explain it away that it's okay because the gross bastard is possessing a child's body in this fantasy land for a good part of the story but it always felt rather slimy reading about him getting hot and bothered over little girls which is why I dumped it and haven't looked back. Also it, like many, light novels is full of filler and often felt at times like I was reading a grade school essay where the student was padding the word count to meet the teachers page requirements.

That said there are also some gems out there like Mother of Learning and Play to Live, both of which are still being written though. The first is about a magician caught in a time loop ala Groundhog day in which he must solve some interesting mysteries while bettering himself; it is presented well, has a decent plot and is written somewhat more seriously than most of the stuff floating around in this genre. Play to Live is about a dying Russian who uses a virtual reality game to cheat death and build a life for himself in the game alongside many others who have done the same or who were trapped within. Again it is written several cuts above stuff like Sword Art Online but only has 3 books available in English so far.

You can read 33 chapters of Mother of learning at:
Mother of Learning Chapter 1: Good Morning Brother, a fantasy fiction | FictionPress

Play to Live can be bought on Amazon or you can download the first two ebooks from Jcafe (account required) or google probably:
Login

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
They are really nothing alike apart from the rather tired reincarnation angle, additionally tensei suffers from having a main character that is often irritating and also a pedophile. Fans of the series like to explain it away that it's okay because the gross bastard is possessing a child's body in this fantasy land for a good part of the story but it always felt rather slimy reading about him getting hot and bothered over little girls which is why I dumped it and haven't looked back. Also it, like many, light novels is full of filler and often felt at times like I was reading a grade school essay where the student was padding the word count to meet the teachers page requirements.
uhm, is true that i just read the few chapters of the manga that are online, but ive seen nothing of the sort, i didnt even notice anything even close to sexual related stuff, the only thing that come to mind was when he found his demon friend was a female instead of a guy but thats it. Its true there are severals lil girls involved, but i guess its normal since they are same age of the main character and they covering that age period? Havent read the novel myself just checked the titles and notices later on they cover adulthood and such, so maybe sexual stuff will start to appear, but so far, in the manga at least nothing really disturbing comes to mind.

those 2 other titles sound really interesting, will check out.

Gask

Silver Baron of the Realm
uhm, is true that i just read the few chapters of the manga that are online, but ive seen nothing of the sort...
I've never read the manga, maybe they had the sense god gave a gnat and cut most of that crap out. I was referring to the web novel which the manga is based on:Mushoku Tensei - Baka-Tsukiif you were curious. Admittedly he never actually does anything to most of the girls in the story but every few pages he would have an internal monologue over someone inappropriate while nearly cumming his shorts... I just found it tiresome and pretty gross. It started off alright apart from him trying to molest the tits of every woman around him as an infant as that stops and time is devoted to things that were actually entertaining but once the girls show up shortly later it just never stops.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
This series ended when hollow Ichigo was gone, or better yet when Aizen first left soul society.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've never read the manga, maybe they had the sense god gave a gnat and cut most of that crap out. I was referring to the web novel which the manga is based on:Mushoku Tensei - Baka-Tsukiif you were curious. Admittedly he never actually does anything to most of the girls in the story but every few pages he would have an internal monologue over someone inappropriate while nearly cumming his shorts... I just found it tiresome and pretty gross. It started off alright apart from him trying to molest the tits of every woman around him as an infant as that stops and time is devoted to things that were actually entertaining but once the girls show up shortly later it just never stops.
Nah, as i said, havent read the novel yet (was planning too though, once i am done with other stuff). Manga so far seem ok.

Oh nother nice series i found its world customization creator, or something like that. It is bout some guy who being trasported to another dimension, and given the power to customize everything like in a game (build stuff, improve items etc etc).

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Natsu one shot Blue Note, but still getting his ass kicked by Gildartz? I'm pretty sure Gildartz is the strongest Mage in the series...

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Guildarts also overpowered Blue note, just at the time of tenrou island they cut down the tree so all fairy tail members had no power, then when restored Guildartz destroyed Bluenotes black hole and won. Though with this level of power Natsu is emitting, seems too OP, and pretty dumb actually.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I am enjoying Noblese, its a bit slow and its quirky end chapter humor is hit or miss but im pretty hooked by chapter 80. Im glad its long it will give me a couple days of amusement.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Natsu one shot Blue Note, but still getting his ass kicked by Gildartz? I'm pretty sure Gildartz is the strongest Mage in the series...
Where did Natsu get his ass kicked by Gildartz recently?

I am enjoying Noblese, its a bit slow and its quirky end chapter humor is hit or miss but im pretty hooked by chapter 80. Im glad its long it will give me a couple days of amusement.
I loved Noblesse, that said the dude who draws it has panic disorder problems, so it's done for a long ass time.

Tramddark_sl

shitlord
Basically Natsu got his butt whooped by Gildartz the moment he left for the training arc. He showed progress but inevitably was still terrified by his power and forfeited(It was a comic with no dialogue, but it was pretty explicit). The current arc is one year /after/ that and they skipped showing us a training arc. Thus its reasonable to say Natsu has likely surpassed him, not certain though, its entirely possible Gildartz had growth during the one year too, or that he was holding back against Natsu because well... he'd had time for training himself while the entire guild was doing the tournament arc, and during the Tartaros arc even prior to the one year gap.

My best guess is that he's probably equal to him now at baseline, and likely can now Dragon Force himself for a powerup. There are other factors too as revealed at the end of the last arc hinting that he's likely still not at his full potential.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
My best guess is that he's probably equal to him now at baseline, and likely can now Dragon Force himself for a powerup. There are other factors too as revealed at the end of the last arc hinting that he's likely still not at his full potential.
No... there's no way Natsu is the same power level as Gildartz (or Laxus for that matter). At least not baseline. Gildartz' power is suppose to be really far beyond anyone else's in the guild, and his full power has never been shown so far. If anything, the Gildartz > Laxus > Erza > Gray/Natsu/Gajeel hierarchy will remain the same at baseline, with their demon/dragon slayer powers possibly boosting them beyond Gildartz with the power of friendship.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
^^This is why i cannot stomach FT, the power/powerup scheme is on the level of Bleach.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
No... there's no way Natsu is the same power level as Gildartz (or Laxus for that matter). At least not baseline. Gildartz' power is suppose to be really far beyond anyone else's in the guild, and his full power has never been shown so far. If anything, the Gildartz > Laxus > Erza > Gray/Natsu/Gajeel hierarchy will remain the same at baseline, with their demon/dragon slayer powers possibly boosting them beyond Gildartz with the power of friendship.
Gildartz > Laxus >Mirajane> Erza > Gray/Natsu/Gajeel

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Last 2 chapters of Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso are translated. Right in the god fucking damn feels. So pumped for the last 2 episodes since they are doing the whole story.