[Manga] Naruto (warning: spoilers up to current chapter)

Lenas

Trump's Staff
^-- Yes. Totally got a Goku vibe the way he was laughing and talking about Tsunade.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Kind of a retarded explanation with the Uchiha Love/Sharingan explanation but the chapter overall was good. Funny seeing the real personality of the First Hokage - argue with his oh-so serious Second Hokage brother. Can't wait for what the First says next week.
I kind of liked the explanation, but I guess I like magic explanations that are more scientific and less ritualistic. The hole in that is that the uchiha kept saying that they unlocked the MS by killing their friend, but the second is saying that it happens if their friend dies. I have to imagine that during the different ninja wars tons of uchiha friends died.

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
2 good chapters in a row? Feel like im in the twilight zone. Things are actually getting a little exciting also. Feels like it's being setup for Sasuke and co. to enter the battlefield against Madara / Tobi with the 4 Hokages at their side. Because I mean really, what the hell is Naruto, Bee, Kakashi, Gai, and a zerg of 2nd rate ninjas going to do against these guys anyways (so far jack and squat)? The 5 current Kage's just got destroyed by Madara alone lol.

Also, anyone else think it's being setup for Sasuke to die at the end? Either through self sacrifice or a battle with Naruto, and end the "cursed" Uchiha line for good. Although this is a Shonen manga so I guess friendship and rainbows could prevail in the end anyways.

edit: @ Tuco: The way I read it is that the 2nd didn't say when your friend dies anything happens but when all their positive emotions turn into negative emotions the sharingan is awakened. And it's always been speculated that MS awaking by killing your best friend or whatever isn't triggered by the person simply dying but the emotional anguish that comes with the act of doing it. With the 2nd's explanation it makes sense. Apparently the Uchiha are very sensitive people!

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Also, anyone else think it's being setup for Sasuke to die at the end? Either through self sacrifice or a battle with Naruto, and end the "cursed" Uchiha line for good. Although this is a Shonen manga so I guess friendship and rainbows could prevail in the end anyways.
Yup to me this pretty much sets up sasuke's death and redemption in the manga. The explanation was just kubo style silly.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
That's a good point. Sasuke could definitely sacrifice himself at the end. But restarting the Uchiha clan would make sense too.

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
2 good chapters in a row? Feel like im in the twilight zone. Things are actually getting a little exciting also. Feels like it's being setup for Sasuke and co. to enter the battlefield against Madara / Tobi with the 4 Hokages at their side. Because I mean really, what the hell is Naruto, Bee, Kakashi, Gai, and a zerg of 2nd rate ninjas going to do against these guys anyways (so far jack and squat)? The 5 current Kage's just got destroyed by Madara alone lol.
And they can enter the battlefield very quickly too if they wanted. I wouldn't be surprised if Naruto's Seal incorporates the 4th's Instant Teleportation seal just as it did with Kushina...

Lenas

Trump's Staff
The first and second seem like they're on a whole other fuckin' level. Starting to make me wonder why they chose Sarutobi as the third, hahah.

PKS

N00b
Hm? Thinner the bloodlines get (ie more children), the weaker the ninja it seems. Been that way since original Sage & every exception to it is just a 'genius' type ninja.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
I remember someone claimed that the current ninjas are stronger than the old ones because Orochimaru perfected the Edo Tensei. The last couple chapters pretty much confirmed that it wasn't a lack of power or knowledge that the second hokage couldn't perfect the ability. He just had no intention in the first place.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Hm? Thinner the bloodlines get (ie more children), the weaker the ninja it seems.
The power difference between the first and second generations of the village (Senju to Sarutobi) seems like too big of a gap at this point. I guess you could say that we never saw Hiruzen in his prime, though. It's like Naruto picking Konohamaru to be his successor.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
The power difference between the first and second generations of the village (Senju to Sarutobi) seems like too big of a gap at this point. I guess you could say that we never saw Hiruzen in his prime, though. It's like Naruto picking Konohamaru to be his successor.
There were many remarks that the third hokage was too old to fight when he fought against Orochimaru. I'm sure he's going to display more power now without any stamina/chakra limitations.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Tough to really say what the level differences are, but the 'each generation will eclipse the previous' seems like a load of bullshit.

I really don't know what kind of exposition could happen in the next few chapters that would really affect things, but who knows.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I really don't know what kind of exposition could happen in the next few chapters that would really affect things, but who knows.
He is probably going to tell the entire story of the sage of the six paths and his two sons and how they play into the current storyline.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Bullshit? Naruto will beat out the first hokage.

Believe it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Bullshit? Naruto will beat out the first hokage.

Believe it.
That may well be true, but the 'the next generation will always surpass this generation' would indicate much greater mudflation than the protagonist being able to beat out someone from 4 generations ago (or whatever).

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
The first captured all 9 wild beast and put them into people, killed Madara and his DNA is the sensu beans of this universe. Naruto has what.. an almost unlimited chakra source? I can see the 4th been able to beat the 1st due to his "I can be anywhere I want jutsu", but i don't think any other character is stronger than Senju