[Manga] Naruto (warning: spoilers up to current chapter)

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Remember how Naruto is a wind type pokemon and Sasuke is a fire type? And how Naruto was so happy that wind types make fire types stronger? Now factor in Naruto's chakra injection ability multiplied by kyuubi and sage mode powering up Sasuke's mokuton no jutsu. That's how they're going to take down the 10 tails. Believe it!

Chris

Potato del Grande
No. Mokuton is wood type, Sasuke can't use it.

Also isnt Sasuke a mixed Fire/Lightning type?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Did Hashirama use some kinda bloodline limit or something more like sage mode? That summon is huge as fuck.

Edit - nm. He says senpou, which is sage art right?

Tramddark_sl

shitlord
Did Hashirama use some kinda bloodline limit or something more like sage mode? That summon is huge as fuck.

Edit - nm. He says senpou, which is sage art right?
Mangastream translated it as Hermit, which is yeah, same thing. Since we have a 'Snake/Dragon' sage and a 'Frog' sage, it stands to reason that Hashirama had one of his own.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Mangastream translated it as Hermit, which is yeah, same thing. Since we have a 'Snake/Dragon' sage and a 'Frog' sage, it stands to reason that Hashirama had one of his own.
The 1000 hand buddha looks sort of like a frog... my guess is Hashirama worked with them.

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
Umm yeah. 1st Hokage unleashing jutsu's of that scale and probably power? Glad we can see a more indepth view of this fight where we can see both of them go full out.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I dunno. The impression has always been that Hashirama is more powerful than anyone besides the SoSP himself. Just because they're showing why that's the case right now doesn't necessarily make it power creep.

Tramddark_sl

shitlord
I dunno. The impression has always been that Hashirama is more powerful than anyone besides the SoSP himself. Just because they're showing why that's the case right now doesn't necessarily make it power creep.
Not always. I definitely didn't have that impression after Orochimaru brought him back to fight the third for example. It seemed like they continually retcon what the Edo Tensei does and how it effects people though.

The Power Creep definitely seems to be there ever since he went to Shippuden, as I don't think Kishimoto had the entirety of the plot in mind and how powerful the top end ninjas actually were at the time he wrote the Chunin arc for example.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I just imagined this fight being similar to the one between the 3rd and the 1st/2nd. Instead it's on par with Naruto's current fight.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Orochimaru did say that he didn't bring them back at full power the first time, though. I guess that's a retcon but it's not a terrible one.

Phoenix Prime_sl

shitlord
Another way to look at it is that when Orochimaru brought back the 1st and 2nd the first time, they did have a small area to fight in. Especially after the 1st grew a giant tree in the confined area. I also think its similar to what Tramd said. Kishi probably didnt know how powerful to make them when he first introduced them. Now that the story has really fleshed itself out in terms of power and scale, I think were really starting to see just how powerful the Hashirama, his brother, and Madara really were. Weve seen bits and pieces of it but never really seen the end of it.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Didn't Orochimaru set up the barrier during the fight with the Third? Had he even allowed the First/Second to go all out, and shattered the barrier, the Third probably wouldn't have lost/resorted to Shiki Fujin or whatever to take down the First/Second. He'd have had all the backup of the village then.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Didn't Orochimaru set up the barrier during the fight with the Third? Had he even allowed the First/Second to go all out, and shattered the barrier, the Third probably wouldn't have lost/resorted to Shiki Fujin or whatever to take down the First/Second. He'd have had all the backup of the village then.
Based on how strong Madara is, what would the village do against the first?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You guys are rationalizing it too much. Just accept that the comic book has retroactive power creep.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Just accept that he bound their chakra levels along with their consciousness when he implanted the kunais with seals on them. The whole issue goes away.