Manifest

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Manifest

Genre: Mystery

First aired: 2018-09-24

Cast: Jack Messina, Melissa Roxburgh, Josh Dallas, J.R. Ramirez, Athena Karkanis, Parveen Kaur, Luna Blaise

Overview: After landing from a turbulent but routine flight, the crew and passengers of Montego Air Flight 828 discover five years have passed in what seemed like a few hours. As their new realities become clear, a deeper mystery unfolds and some of the returned passengers soon realize they may be meant for something greater than they ever thought possible.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
“Manifest” creator Jeff Rake, who also created NBC’s horrible “Mysteries of Laura,” is no Rod Serling, Richard Matheson, Bryan Fuller or J.J. Abrams either. In fact, “Manifest” is precisely the kind of shitty hourlong you’d expect if NBC hired the mastermind behind “Mysteries of Laura” to create a new “Lost” ripoff. What you end up with is something much more akin to ABC’s half-baked timelost-refugee failure “The Crossing” than ABC’s long-running blockbuster “Lost.”

The New York Times says:
... decidedly unoriginal. But worse than that, it’s just so boring. …
New York Magazine says:
... generic and forgettable …
The Washington Post says:
... a textbook failure of predictability, a misconceived drama …

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
1st episode is tonight. I'll DVR it and give it a shot.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I'm expecting something along the lines of The Event in quality. I'm interested though.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ok I thought it was pretty good. :) I’ll watch the next episode.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Yup, I'm in. Liked it. Hope they don't milk the 'how do I tell you xyz' plot lines too much.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
First episode was decent. They covered a ton of ground. I don't know what the New York Times was looking for if they thought nothing happened in that episode.

Maybe the news outlets got to watch several episodes and maybe it slows down after the first one.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Think it has to slow down quite a bit, that was all pretty quick.

Was surprised they got rid of the plane already, could have served as an abstract object of mystery for a period of time. Shifts the story to just the people (not a bad thing), now we get to see others using whatever abilities for good and I think we can probably pick out who won't use it for not so good.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
The lawyer?!? That is pretty accusatory. He may turn out to be the hero of the story.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
My biggest problem with it is the use of her as narrator. I don't like the idea of her already knowing the whole story and feeding it back to us. Also she sounds completely bland and unmotivated in her own narration. Didn't really get me invested in what happens next when she's so blasé about things. I'll keep watching and be disappointed when it is cancelled mid season and we never learn just how little the creators worked out a full plot.

velk

Trakanon Raider
My biggest problem with it is the use of her as narrator. I don't like the idea of her already knowing the whole story and feeding it back to us. Also she sounds completely bland and unmotivated in her own narration. Didn't really get me invested in what happens next when she's so blasé about things. I'll keep watching and be disappointed when it is cancelled mid season and we never learn just how little the creators worked out a full plot.

I agree, it really did sound like she had completely run out of fucks to give about the story.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Still cannot stand the main chick at all. I would notlook at nudes of her if they were available because she bothers me so much.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just parachuting in to say that when I saw this on the 'threads with new posts' ticker, I genuinely wondered if someone from the forum was off to commit a rampage killing, until I finally spotted this in the TV forum.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Just parachuting in to say that when I saw this on the 'threads with new posts' ticker, I genuinely wondered if someone from the forum was off to commit a rampage killing, until I finally spotted this in the TV forum.

We need a thread poll for "Most likely forumgoer to be a mass murderer"

TV show information provided by The Movie Database