Marco Polo

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
This is what I meant. I should've been more specific. I tend to lump anything pre industrial revolution into the same category. Most shows like this have crappy sets, bad acting and horrible stories.

Liked - Rome(2005), The Tudors(2007).
Meh - Spartacus(2010), Vikings(2013), Borgias(2011), Merlin(2008)
Didn't like(One episode or less watched) - The Musketeers(2013), Da Vinci's Demons(2013), Sinbad(2012), Camelot(2011), Outlander(2014)
Tudors liked and meh to borgias and Vikings and sparatacus? FFS Tudors is fucking As the World Turns with a higher budget for costume.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Da Vinci's Demons comes into it's own past the first episode. It does have some annoying scenes with him drawing in the air and figuring things out on the fly that way but it's interesting.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Anyone watch the Hundred Eyes episode? I would rather have an entire season of that than anything involving Marco Polo.

Eonan

Doer of Things
Anyone watch the Hundred Eyes episode? I would rather have an entire season of that than anything involving Marco Polo.
I thought it was fantastic and partially agree with you. I still enjoy a lot of the Marco Polo scenes, but agree that any time Hundred Eyes was on screen that it was a superior scene.

Siliconemelons

When I saw the 100 eyes thing on Netflix I thought "sweet a mini series like gods of the arena to hold over till next season!" then I saw it was just like a movie...okay...then its like 20? 30min? BAH MORE 100EYES!!! but it was still good!

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
zNb6etwR0mi92YsoYVx6kePgOHs.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Marco Polo[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]History[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2014-12-12[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]An epic adventure that follows the early years of the famous explorer as he travels the exotic Silk Road to the great Kublai Khan’s court. But Marco soon finds that navigating the Khan’s world of greed, betrayal, sexual intrigue and rivalry will be his greatest challenge yet, even as he becomes a trusted companion to the Khan in his violent quest to become the Emperor of the World.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

I enjoyed season one, and am looking forward to this.

Last edited by a moderator:

spronk

FPS noob
Its been 2 years, season 1 aired in summer 2014 and 100 Eyes special was christmas, 2015. I just watched season 1 + special a few weeks ago, loved it. Its funny, everyone EXCEPT marco polo is way better than polo himself, but the only reason I first watched the show is because of the name Polo - wanted to see some china stuff after playing Uncharted 2. Kublai and Ji Sidao especially were awesome, although the persian minister of finance guy is comic book villain bad, you almost expected him to twirl a mustache in the last episode.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I am really surprised this got picked back up. With the way S1 ended I felt like it was written to be a Series Finale for a show that found out kinda late that it would not get another season. I am happy it is back, thanks to Dan Carlin I am fascinated by anything involving Temujiin and/or his dynasty.

spronk

FPS noob
season 2 goes live in a few hours, looks pretty goddamn awesome. They got motherfucking Gabriel Byrne as The Pope or catholic guy? dayum. Will be marathoning this weekend.

July 1st is insane - Mr. Robot, Dark Matter, Killjoys, and Marco Polo all start up.