Marco Polo

iannis

Musty Nester
I liked this season, but I sort of feel like the acting got worse.

Maybe I just don't remember that it was bad in season 1 as well.

It's not masterpiece theater or anything... but it's entertaining and for what it is, it's good.

Lots less mongol boobie, which made me sad.

Siliconemelons

I liked this season, but I sort of feel like the acting got worse.

Maybe I just don't remember that it was bad in season 1 as well.

It's not masterpiece theater or anything... but it's entertaining and for what it is, it's good.

Lots less mongol boobie, which made me sad.
I am only 1/2 done with episode 1 of S2 - but the acting seems the same-ish .. Marco never was that good and I am kinda take aback by the "confidence" he has now and the time jump they didn't explain. As for Asian bewbs - even S1 there was not much past the first few episodes with the harem and the whore assassin chick. However, I am glad its back and look forward to going through the season.

Hmerly

Golden Knight of the Realm
Damn good season. Much better than season 1. Very entertaining, binged it over last two days. Glad this season focused a ton more on everyone else and made Marco more a side character, it seems. What sucks is waiting to find out what happened as they take way too long making these. Hope its not another two years for season 3.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Apparently, sword fights and hooker titties don't make for good bonding time with the girlfriend, so our TV has been tied up with orange is the new black.

I had the whole house to myself for the last two days, so I caught up on some Marco Polo.

I had a lot of trouble stomaching episode 5.
I don't know who the mother fucker was that wrote that episode, but he can stuff that entire script up his ass and go back to writing on bathroom stall doors.

wink.png

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
We finished this on Sunday. It wasn't a bad season. It's just not a replacement for GoT. I wonder what show we'll watch next.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
zNb6etwR0mi92YsoYVx6kePgOHs.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Marco Polo[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]History[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2014-12-12[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]An epic adventure that follows the early years of the famous explorer as he travels the exotic Silk Road to the great Kublai Khan’s court. But Marco soon finds that navigating the Khan’s world of greed, betrayal, sexual intrigue and rivalry will be his greatest challenge yet, even as he becomes a trusted companion to the Khan in his violent quest to become the Emperor of the World.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

What was up with the season ending? I enjoyed this season quite a bit until then. Not down with mystical Christian powers.

Last edited by a moderator:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So just started watching this.

I thought it was dumb "historical fiction" and didn't realize it was kung fu, hot naked asian girls, and Khanate political fantasy. Which is fucking awesome and I do recommend. Just ignore any historical possibilities.

Awesome fucking costumes, settings, music, action and decent political intrigue story. Good TV man!

Siliconemelons

Finished a few nights ago - I enjoyed it very much- I just don't like the intermixing of the term Christian = Catholic but I suppose pre Luther it was the same.

I think it could have used 1-2 more episodes. I like that they had the 1.5 episode long episode where the "intro" wasn't until halfway thru to keep the momentum going.

The "final" fight, and not the "big" one but the "last" one in the throne room - it was great just like last seasons final.

S3 needs to be out now and I think 3 should finish it up - as much as I would love more - I think the story to be told is going to wrap up.