Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's because you're a man, and real men hate wandering around aimlessly. We need purpose.
She does it for exercise, but really you're getting like no benefit from taking a 45-minute walk ESPECIALLY because she's a mail carrier and that's all she does all day. I'd much rather play video games or fuck or something.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Me and the wife definitely spend time together, but its not hobbies, and it never was. Come to think of itI dont even think she has any hobbies other than TV, phone and facebook.
Lolol... My wife used to have a bunch of hobbies, but now we have a 1 year old baby, and another on the way, she has no hobbies anymore. Some TV, Facebook, dat Pinterest is about all she has.
frown.png

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wife and I share all the same hobbies for the most part, Warhammer, Board Games, Video Games, Sci-fi, and so on. We play tons of coop games together as part of our "couple time". Really the only hobby I had to drop for her was when we both gave up MMOs because of the time suckage involved in them. Ironically, we met playing EQ1. Its probably a good thing that we don't ever want kids. Family drama and usual low level female crazy aside, I have it exceedingly good. The past experiences I had with women who were not themselves nerds were so fucking negative that I cannot even relate to life before I started dating my wife anymore. Really, the only things we do separate are her forays into Disney bullshit and my musical hobbies. If we ever did get divorced, I would just jack off and avoid human contact for the rest of my life because I do not see anything better than her as a fit for me. Those guys who marry showboat wives that they have nothing in common with baffle me, but they are all over the place it seems.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Wife and I share all the same hobbies for the most part, Warhammer, Board Games, Video Games, Sci-fi, and so on. We play tons of coop games together as part of our "couple time". Really the only hobby I had to drop for her was when we both gave up MMOs because of the time suckage involved in them. Ironically, we met playing EQ1. Its probably a good thing that we don't ever want kids. Family drama and usual low level female crazy aside, I have it exceedingly good. The past experiences I had with women who were not themselves nerds were so fucking negative that I cannot even relate to life before I started dating my wife anymore. Really, the only things we do separate are her forays into Disney bullshit and my musical hobbies. If we ever did get divorced, I would just jack off and avoid human contact for the rest of my life because I do not see anything better than her as a fit for me. Those guys who marry showboat wives that they have nothing in common with baffle me, but they are all over the place it seems.
I can't ever imagine being that tied at the hip to someone. Sure, sharingsomeinterests is important, but to literally do almost every non-work related activity together? I can't even fathom that. That's some extreme co-dependance at work.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Some people like to show off what they have.. cars, homes, clothes, even wives. At the end of the day, unless you marry an absolute slob or someone who takes no care of their body, a pussy is a pussy. My wife shares many of my interests as I share heres, and there's a few we've picked up from eachother. I can't imagine marrying a woman based on looks alone.

iannis

Musty Nester
And then you layer in fucking. You sprinkle in "shit that you wouldn't even talk about with your close friends". You work in cohabitation and much, much more often than not the fact of children. You slap a "for life" or (until we get tired of each others bullshit) on it and BAM... you now have a marriage.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Only on this forum would people find it weird or bad that you were friends with your significant other.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
For real. I'm not married and I've never been close, but I would like to think my significant other would be my best friend.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
For real. I'm not married and I've never been close, but I would like to think my significant other would be my best friend.
You and your best friends doeverythingtogether? Nobody said anything about not sharingsome(maybe even most) interests, being able to relate, or having a good friendship with your SO. However, literally doingallactivities together? Like I said, that's firmly in the realm of co-dependence.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Like I said, that's firmly in the realm of co-dependence.
When someone is co-dependent, that means they are subordinate to the other and places a lower priority on what they want over what their partner wants. In a relationship where the couple enjoys doing almost everything together, exactly who is subordinate in that relationship?

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
When someone is co-dependent, that means they are subordinate to the other and places a lower priority on what they want over what their partner wants. In a relationship where the couple enjoys doing almost everything together, exactly who is subordinate in that relationship?
your mom.

iannis

Musty Nester
You and your best friends doeverythingtogether? Nobody said anything about not sharingsome(maybe even most) interests, being able to relate, or having a good friendship with your SO. However, literally doingallactivities together? Like I said, that's firmly in the realm of co-dependence.
Some people can do it and it's a happy way to be. At least it looks happy. Not being one of those people myself all I can do is observe it and think they're fuckin weirdos.

Me... I'd start punching her. Some of us require a greater amount of "space". We allow tracts of our mind to go wild and sometimes the idea of "don't punch your girlfriend in the cunt -- it's hurtful, not funny" wanders into those areas. Sometimes for weeks!

lindz

#DDs
Some people can do it and it's a happy way to be. At least it looks happy. Not being one of those people myself all I can do is observe it and think they're fuckin weirdos.
Yup, me and the dude are pretty happy doing everything together. We're both pretty intense, 'only need one person' kind of people so it works well for us. I know plenty of others types of people that need more space though.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
The wife and I are odd when it comes to hobbies. She suffers from depression/bi polar shit so her motivation isn't super good. When she's good we'll go places together, walks around the lake, a movie, out to dinner or just hand out and enjoy some time together.

When she's down and out though she likes her space, which is fine by me, that's when I get my time (outside of the regular 9-12 window) to game or do whatever the hell I want uninterrupted. On Saturdays I'll play D&D (usually 2 to 3 times a month) and if she's in a good mood and all is fine she's okay with it and will sometimes even come sit in and visit for a few hours. If she's down and out though she'll get downright annoyed with my going and will give me a hard time about it. which does nothing and I go anyway. I've told her that I understand she's in a mood to not get out of bed but I'm not going to be handcuffed to the house because of it.

When it comes to her hobbies, she's into photography which is cool...I'm not, but I enjoy being outside and she likes shooting nature shots so by default we'll go on hikes or what not or go have a lunch down by a river spot somewhere.

It seems to work most of the time, things can get interesting from time to time but what marriage doesn't I guess.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My wife tries to make me do everything with her, down to watching her shitty TV shows at night. I explain to her "No, I don't want to watch Castle where every episode is Kate jerking Castle off through his pants and they catch a bad guy in the end." I mean, if I pull out my gaming laptop and play Diablo while she's watching TV and we're in the same room isn't it the same?