Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That answer reeks of someone trying to justify their divorce and fool themselves into believing it won't affect their kids. I have no idea if you are married or single, happy or unhappy, parent or not a parent, but again that answer sounds Middle Management trying to justify their existence. If you have kids and you get divorce YOU fucked up, whether the divorce was your fault or not you chose the the person whose fault it was and that ultimately falls on you. Sure you can make the "best of it" and be a Present Parent with 50% custody and be there 50% of the time. Ask your boss if you can show up 50% of the time and get the same wage/results?

As a committed Father and Husband I cringe inside when I hear shit like this, I feel horrible when I have to work late and miss a bedtime or maybe miss an important conversation. To be a good Parent you have to be selfless 90%+ of the time and maybe that is low. My wife and I take between 2-10 nights per year to ourselves and kids spend those 2-10 nights with Grandma and Grandpa. Those nights with the Grandparents are really important too, its the time where they get spoiled and get a little different perspective outside of their home routine.

I am not trying shit on you C Captain Suave I just strongly disagree with that statement. I had an old boss that lived a few states away from his daughter, he would only see her during Spring Break every year. He would say "you know its not the amount of time I spend with her, its the quality of the time I spend with her." If he wasn't my boss I would have told him he was full of shit.

He's saying there's a selection bias but we're all very impressed and humbled

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
If you're past the age of 30 and still want to be with crazy women, I can only assume you're just as fucked up in the head as the women you desire to be with. I've been with crazy enough times to know that I ain't crazy and at 43, crazy sex isn't worth the rest of the baggage.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I've filled my quota of crazy for a lifetime. There are plenty of women who are dirty in the bedroom and stable outside of it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
"Stable enough" outside of the bedroom.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Thinking a woman with a healthy sexual appetite is either a "unicorn" or crazy probably speaks more to a man's sexual incompetence than anything else.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Supertaster
Reactions: 6 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
All this fixation on when someone said he didnt like his wife? I don't really like my boss, my parents, my kids, or my dog all the time, either. Don't see whats so odd about a person in a long marriage sometimes not liking their spouse.

And its absurd to suggest the kids would be better off in a single parent home. Oh no, mom and dad don't feel 110% fulfilled in their relationship? Guess I'd be better off with a single mom.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
All this fixation on when someone said he didnt like his wife? I don't really like my boss, my parents, my kids, or my dog all the time, either. Don't see whats so odd about a person in a long marriage sometimes not liking their spouse.

And its absurd to suggest the kids would be better off in a single parent home. Oh no, mom and dad don't feel 110% fulfilled in their relationship? Guess I'd be better off with a single mom.
I think you're injecting the "sometimes" in there. My impression was that he just doesn't like her now. Period.

• 1Like

Khane

Rough spot, sucks. I lost control of my wife for like 6 months, but only regained it because I legit quit giving a fuck about our marriage. And like a bad stereotype she caved immediately.

5 years later I still dont like her, but she is on the chain at least, and I can micro manager as much of our finances as I want, or as little. Lol

Maybe he was just blowing off steam, or he thought his phrasing made him sound like the king of his castle. Who knows? But it wasn't a great way to put it, for sure.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Also based on postings he's probably miserable to live with

Yeah I never forgot about game of thrones asshole

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Ran from a guild*

Actually, maybe there's something there. Noodle divorced his guild and all his guild children were left without a stable guild home. Destined for a life of uncertainty, and bad parses.

• 1Worf

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
And we’ll never forget that you ran a guild (into the ground).
My crowning achievement

Screenshot_20190808-113907.png

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I state things as simply as possible.

Here I'm usually posting on things that are contentious.

Colloquial terms are able to convey more, so I use them. If your autism can't handle it, that's a you problem