Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
1/1 800 sp feet. It is a nice place for a single person or for a couple without kids. I'm under water probably 30k, which is nothing.
I'm going to sound like a red piller when I tell you this, but either learn to stand your ground and get a decent number of things your way even if it causes fights, or run away from this relationship and find a woman that will treat you with respect.

You will hardly be the first or last guy with a daughter from a broken marriage. She sounds like an absolute control freak.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Now my fault in that part was not sitting her down and telling her people have the right to kove wherever they want, she is not the owner of the complex.
Ya, you don't have to tell normal, stable people that. How did you marry this crazy bitch? No gag reflex?

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
We live in a 1/1 underwater 85k mortgage, $450 a month. 5k in Cc debt, mostly from her applying to medical programs this year. 30k at 10% in student loans ( currently down to 20k, monthly payment is $400), i have paid for a big chunk of her education as her expenses from traveling come from our checking account. Push come to shove I have a good argument for no alimony as she can get a good job with her MD degree, even an actual residency, fuck maybe even I'm entitled to some part of her salary if she becomes a full doctor.
Two failed matches means she's not going to be a doctor. She's going to end up as a surgery tech or in some other mid-level medical profession. There are only enough residencies for 66% of the graduates graduating that year, it's almost impossible for someone who has failed multiple times to get into the system.

Doctor is a rather poor career path right now unless you're in it for the prestige. Lawyer is honestly the same way. You have a 1/3 chance of getting out of medical school $250k in debt with literally nothing to show for it, and you run the real risk of the system eventually going public and sticking you with a public salary while you still have school debt from a private system.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Two failed matches means she's not going to be a doctor. She's going to end up as a surgery tech or in some other mid-level medical profession. There are only enough residencies for 66% of the graduates graduating that year, it's almost impossible for someone who has failed multiple times to get into the system.

Doctor is a rather poor career path right now unless you're in it for the prestige. Lawyer is honestly the same way. You have a 1/3 chance of getting out of medical school $250k in debt with literally nothing to show for it, and you run the real risk of the system eventually going public and sticking you with a public salary while you still have school debt from a private system.
Lawyer is honestly only a good career for about 15% of people with J.D.'s. It's a fucking terrible career path if you are not outstanding academically.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Xeque... I know the odds and problems with her career. I know you are right. I'm not banking/betting on that.

"but either learn to stand your ground and get a decent number of things your way even if it causes fights"

this is what I'm going for, my scenario, i fight over something that I'm right and it is worth it, even if it causes fights. And if it causes a divorce, then it was worth it.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Ya, you don't have to tell normal, stable people that. How did you marry this crazy bitch? No gag reflex?
Her mulata ass got to me, i have a genetic predisposition to it. Plus if you look at the whole thing she is/was a good candidate, very driven individual, studying to become a doctor, smart, nice, pretty. You would have to be nostradamus to forecast what would have happen.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Xeque... I know the odds and problems with her career. I know you are right. I'm not banking/betting on that.

"but either learn to stand your ground and get a decent number of things your way even if it causes fights"

this is what I'm going for, my scenario, i fight over something that I'm right and it is worth it, even if it causes fights. And if it causes a divorce, then it was worth it.
Except, you aren't right, you child. Literally, you're a man child. The two of you just need to go your separate ways, and once you decide to do that you can both start to become better human beings not holding each other back. Also, get a paternity test.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Her mulata ass got to me, i have a genetic predisposition to it. Plus if you look at the whole thing she is/was a good candidate, very driven individual, studying to become a doctor, smart, nice, pretty. You would have to be nostradamus to forecast what would have happen.
She's not nice. Not at all.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You can't fault a man for this.. if she has a bangin' ass and is going to med school you gotta figure you're all set for life. Shit man.. that sucks.

I didn't know that doctors had like two chances and if they get nothing that's basically it for their careers. That's really shitty.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
You know that old saying:"Never trust a big butt and a medical school loan."

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Not it is not right/ nor fair. You do understand that there are 35k positions, for around 50k people every year right? It has nothing to do with skills, but with discrimination, prejudice and the sheer number of people that apply.
Look at this first page
http://www.ecfmg.org/forms/factcard.pdf

IMG have a first time pass rate of 80%, but only 44% match rate, that means a lot of them not match even without failing any tests, we are talking around 10k students a year.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This woman is grade A crazy. She's just going to continue to drag you down for as long as you allow it, there's no way to fix her. She'sdamaged....as fuck. You can walk now or inevitably walk later. I know its a hard step to take, especially in your situation, but someday you will look back and wonder why you waited so long to pull the plug.

I have a friend who finally kicked his similarly damaged girlfriend out after like ten years of living with her nutty ass. Oddly enough she was hell bent on being a doctor too and constantly fucking up her MCAT's and failing to get into school and blaming him.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
1) My wifes brother can smack her ass in a playful way all day long and I don't care. Anyone else is going to get a size 12 in the mouth. You picked the wrong battle imo

2) You do not have the right to name your child, she does not have the right to name your child, you BOTH have the right together !

3) If you pick another name that is not your mothers, will she go with it? I don't think its that she does not want you to name the baby as much as she does not want it to be your mother, which makes this much less about you and much more about your mother.

4) Get her working before you push the big D, avoid alimony, maybe you can even get some !

Senaiel

Silver Knight of the Realm
Len, you are honestly coming across as a female with beaten wife/gf syndrome. This woman has abused you and brainwashed you to the point where you are defending the abuse you take. You need to step back, take your losses and make sure you get a paternity test. Your wife at this point is Grade A crazy and will be looking for a paycheck from you and whatever dude she teases with her ass next.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Lawyer is honestly only a good career for about 15% of people with J.D.'s. It's a fucking terrible career path if you are not outstanding academically.
Yeah, we have in house counsel from good schools that make bank, but frequently we have to get temp lawyers to do e-discovery document review. These people maybe make $20 an hour, and will spend the rest of their lives paying back debt to their 4th tier law schools. It boggles my mind how someone can rack up 200K in debt at some unrecognizable law school thinking they're going to have a great career. Law seems to be all about school pedigree.