Marriage and the Power of Divorce

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
It is in use actually, in India (and has 15 years of clinical human and animal trials over there). Clinical trials in the U.S started in 2012 and it was actually supposed to be available this year but various delays pushed it to 2017. It is 100% effective in every trial to date and is easily reversible. You might actually Google your city and see if there is a clinical trial going on near you, I don't imagine it'd be hard to get into.
Can't you just hypnotize sperm to not fertilize an oocyte?

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Add me to the boat of people who think you pull out guys are functionally retarded, and that's coming from Onoes. I don't even know how you would compare the two options, let alone try to claim that condoms are less effective. If I had a bowl of acid, and you had two options, put your hand in a glove and stick it in the acid, or just go in with no glove but you can pull it back out really fast, which do you think would be safer? It's just dumb for the sake of being dumb.

I guess I just don't understand people's insistence that sex isn't great unless its completely unsafe. I've literately had sex thousands of times using a condom, spermicidal lubricant, AND still pulling out right as I came. I never went "Why the hell did I even bother, its all ruined!", I was always very happy about the whole thing. I didn't want to catch anything, and I didn't want kids, it wasn't a hard decision. Here's an analogy for that. Think of sex like a big ice cream sundae. With protection it's like you get to enjoy 95% of that sundae, just eat everything but the cherry with close to 0% chance of anything bad happening. Yeah, you don't get to eat that delicious cherry, but you still get most of the experience. Unsafe sex is the same thing, only every time you eat the cherry, there's a chance someone jumps out behind you and stabs you. Might not happen, might never happen, but every single time... there's a chance you're getting stabbed. Only it's worse than just getting stabbed, because now you have kids and your life as you knew it is over.

On a side note, I got my wife pregnant the first time we had unprotected sex, the first time I ever had unprotected sex with anyone, so I feel especially justified with my over the top precautions every single other time.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You've literally had sex THOUSANDS of times? Holy shit dude.. or should I call you Mr. Gene Simmons?

Also depends on the glove, different acids eat through different materials

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
You've literally had sex THOUSANDS of times? Holy shit dude.. or should I call you Mr. Gene Simmons?

No, he's literately had sex thousands of times. He's just a well-read guy.

I'veliteratelyhad sex thousands of times using a condom, spermicidal lubricant, AND still pulling out right as I came.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Add me to the boat of people who think you pull out guys are functionally retarded, and that's coming from Onoes. I don't even know how you would compare the two options, let alone try to claim that condoms are less effective. If I had a bowl of acid, and you had two options, put your hand in a glove and stick it in the acid, or just go in with no glove but you can pull it back out really fast, which do you think would be safer? It's just dumb for the sake of being dumb.
Holy fuck, we are talking about married couples (kind of) trying to avoid Irish twins, not a blanket recommendation for everyone. If it were you asking, I would recommend abstinence, you've procreated more than enough already, why take any chances.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>

Thousands of times isn't unreasonable at all for guys in steady relationships who aren't 25.

I'm... in my mid 30's, so figure a guy my age has been having sex about 18 years. Figure if you're in a steady relationship you're probably having it every other day on average, less when she's on the rag but on vacation it's 2x a day so it averages out. Figure a normal guy is in a relationship about 60% of the time.

365 * .5 (every other day) *18 (years of sex) * .6 (time in a relationship) = 1971 times. That goes way up if you're in a steady relationship more than 60% of the time (my time is like 99%) or you have sex every day.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider

Yeah noodle, thousands of times sounds weird to you? I bet I had sex a thousand times alone in 1999 (that was a... good year). I would say 3 times a day was about average that year. So yes, thousands of times is not an exaggeration. Would it blow your mind if I said I would guess I've had over 10,000 orgasms thus far in my life? Man, thats awesome, no wonder I'm so happy most of the time.