Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Eorkern

Bronze Squire
Hold on here, beside the douchy comment of Big P, I guess I missed the beginning of all this, did you told us about it in the thread ? Was she the initiator of all this ? Or you don't want to talk about it. From the little info I have, seems like a really bad option for her.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Hold on here, beside the douchy comment of Big P, I guess I missed the beginning of all this, did you told us about it in the thread ? Was she the initiator of all this ? Or you don't want to talk about it. From the little info I have, seems like a really bad option for her.
Read the past 30 pages or so dude.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
The girl married young and once she closed on thirty she decided she wanted to live the years she missed while being married: started going out late, drink herself stupid, flirt with random dudes, etc.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I guess maybe from an outsiders view this is a bit weird.. but it feels like you are taking it TOO well. You are probably also doing too much for her. I get that you love her and whatever, but you can't go broke setting her up somewhere else. I don't know, maybe it's because we don't really get the full story here but something seems off.

iannis

Musty Nester
That kind of relationship doesn't turn on a nickle.

Yes she's a grown woman and she's not retarded, but you don't forget 12 years worth of emotional and intellectual habits one day just because you decide to. Edit: That bit goes for them both.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah she's definitely feeling guilty about it and wants to be a better person by splitting stuff more evenly. Your attitude of, "Take whatever you need, don't worry about me." makes that harder for her (and probably makes her think there's a hint of, "Whatever you want just get out." even though you clearly don't mean that.).

My recommendation would be to tell her about things you really want. "Oh I need the shit out of that dresser and that spoon.". And let's be realistic, there's tons of stuff in your house you want.

As for the family, nothing you can do there. They like you and think she's an idiot. They don't realize that you want out too. You could bring over some 19 year old hottie to the next family gathering and they'd both realize you're a dick and realize you'll be ok!

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Onoes stop being other peoples emotional washcloth. She is dealing with the real world consequences of her actions. Let her cry about it to someone else. You can't be her emotional support going through a divorce when it hurts you as we'll. that is just super selfish of her.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
While I am there she calls to say that she realized she is going to need a Microwave, as the one we have is built into the wall and she wasn't going to take it. I say no problem, and grab one, so that's another $100
Dafuq? $100 for a microwave?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I think he's handling it perfectly fine. No need to burn bridges before the divorce is finalized. She might get vindictive and try to take him to the cleaners. Kill her with kindness until you are free and clear, then act however the fuck you want to.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think he's handling it perfectly fine. No need to burn bridges before the divorce is finalized. She might get vindictive and try to take him to the cleaners. Kill her with kindness until you are free and clear, then act however the fuck you want to.
Yeah I agree with this well groomed gentleman.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
excellent.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Damn. This is the most interesting section of Re-Rolled. HTF did I never come in here!?

Khane hit this shit on the head. Kill the bitch with kindness till the divorce, then fuck her sister or some shit. But fuck the sister AFTER. Kindness before.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
There's kindness and there's spending $1000 to hook your wife up with a microwave and bed to fuck another man in.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
yeah if being kind means shelling out shitloads of cash before the divorce, you are as noodle stated getting voluntarily fucked. rofl

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Shell out a one time lump of cash to keep her from turning into Queen Bitch in Divorce court where she takes him to the cleaner and he winds up paying out his nose for the next couple of decades... I think he's on the right track.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I think Onoes is on the right track, just need a few tweaks as mentioned:

`Claim something in your house. Something.

`Be civil, kind, etc., but avoid being the martyr

`Stick it in her butt one last time. I added this one.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
The microwave was $95 off the shelf at walmart, yeah, they ranged from like $70 to $200. The beds are for my kids, she is taking our bed. Yeah, I'm shelling out some cash right now, but if a couple thousand dollars makes all this easy, then I'm not worried about it at all. Honestly, I'm getting a check for around $3,000 around the 10th of January, so I can always just pretend I didn't get that and wa-la, I'm out nothing. Easy enough to convince myself of that anyway.

As far as her taking everything, she's not taking anything to be vindictive. The stuff I like, she doesn't, so for example, in my garage (that has been converted to my game room/man cave) I have a custom hexagonal desk with 6 PC's build into it, with a monitor/keyboard/mouse/sound system on each of its 6 sides. It's super nice and worth a bunch of money I'm sure, but it's my LAN party desk, and she has no interest in it, so she's not taking that. I have a couple thousand dollars worth of board games, and a big 8 foot table with chairs to play them on, all staying here. There is a ceiling mounted projector and an actual Smartboard on the wall, plus a big ass arcade cabinet, again, she's not touching any of that stuff. We have a really nice 55 inch TV in the living room I bought earlier this year, and an old 40 inch plasma in the bedroom, she's taking the plasma. So yeah, all the "Guy" stuff is pretty much staying.

She is taking:
living room furniture (a few thousand dollars worth, but she picked it out and I've never liked it anyway)
whatever she wants from the kitchen (I need what, a knife, a pan, a couple of plates and silverware, and a big pot stirring spoon to get by most of the time)
washer and dryer (I'll have to buy new ones, those I need)
all the bathroom stuff (99.9% of which is hers anyway)
the bedroom set (Again, a few thousand dollars, but I can get by with almost nothing for as long as needed)
Kids stuff (We are splitting the toys up, so really, I just need to buy a couple of dressers)
Patio furniture (Don't care!)

So yeah, my house is basically going to be empty except for a pile of entertainment shit.

Someone mentioned me taking it well, and stuff not truning on a dime. It didn't, its been an ongoing decline for 3 years or so. I think we both wanted to go our own ways for a while, but we were trying to stick it out for the kids and because we get along like friends. Yeah, its true she has made some bad decisions this last year, but I feel like a lot of that was self sabotaging, trying to get out without having to be the one to admit she wanted out. I don't know, its super awkward right now, and I just want to put some space between us.

As far as putting it in her butt, thats never been my thing. I've always thought that was pretty fucking vile, and doubt I could even keep a hard on through the process. SEE WHAT A GREAT HUSBAND I AM! hahha