Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Hah, close! I did have a pair of Chiefs Zubaz pants. Damn those were horrible in retrospect.

Attachment 105195

I was a Levi's 501 button fly guy for quite a few years.
DDUUNkr.gif

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
All the girls did. They basically tapered the bottoms by wrapping the cuff around the leg and put dozens of safety pins in until midway up the leg to hold it in place. This was the '80's version of skinny jeans. They also all had crimping irons in their lockers.
Yeah, that's what I meant. Pretty much every girl in my highschool did this, and a lot of guys, too. I thought it was ridiculous. Took something like 20 minutes to get it right, and then it took you that long again to get out of your jeans at the end of the day.

It turns out that rolling the jeans is becoming a popular thing again. So silly.
How to Cuff Your Jeans Stylishly - Real Simple

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
For whatever reason pin rolling your jeans is really popular on the west coast. "All things come back" yadda yadda. I don't like the look.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah, that's what I meant. Pretty much every girl in my highschool did this, and a lot of guys, too. I thought it was ridiculous. Took something like 20 minutes to get it right, and then it took you that long again to get out of your jeans at the end of the day.

It turns out that rolling the jeans is becoming a popular thing again. So silly.
How to Cuff Your Jeans Stylishly - Real Simple
Cuffing came back around the time selvage denim started becoming popular. To show off the selvage ID you need to cuff the jeans.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
High school in late 80s-early 90s = Z Cavaricci's and IOU sweatshirts. I didn't have them, but I know someone who did...

Daelos

Guarding the guardians
I was so oblivious as a kid. And it's only now I realize exactly how clueless I was about shit like this.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
High school in late 80s-early 90s = Z Cavaricci's and IOU sweatshirts. I didn't have them, but I know someone who did...
I graduated in 92' and what was going around my high school that I remember was Gerbaud and Guess jeans, which were of course rolled up tight around your ankle. If you didnt have those then you were considered a poor loser schlep. Oh and of course you had to be rocking your mullet. and the chicks had that big ass 80s poofed out hair.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Got the old "Hey sorry to cancel last minute but something came up and I won't be able to make it tonight" from the woman I've been dating the last month and a half or so. Responded by telling her she may as well be honest instead of vague and mysterious, she's lost interest. She then said she has a great time when we're together but there is a lack of communication when we are apart and I seem aloof. I had told her I am not much of a phone talker/texter when we first started dating and that women tend to take that as me not being interested, so I repeated that and said I understand where she's coming from and that it was nice meeting her and wished her luck.

"Wait, you're done with me? You're all set that's it? Can I call you?"

Sigh...

She really believes I can't see what's going on there. She called and said she wasn't cancelling because of another date she just "needed time to think". I told her how cliche that was and how whenever we hear our friends/acquaintances say things like that about the people they are dating we roll our eyes, she's not fooling anyone and it's not a big deal, she may as well just be honest. She got very defensive that it wasn't about that at all and can she un-cancel tonight's date with me. I told her I'm not interested in someone I have to drag normal conversation out of. Either you're lying about the fade away for some strange reason or you can't be honest about something as simple as "I feel like you're not interested, where is this going?".

"So wait, would you have made an effort to talk more if I said something?"
"Yes, I would have."
"Well I didn't want to be a nag"
"So you decided to try to find someone else and swing to the next branch?"
"I TOLD YOU, I'M NOT SEEING ANYONE ELSE"
"It's not a big deal, really it isn't. It's OK, some people aren't right for each other"
"You're infuriating"
"See, we agree."
"STOP!"

And that went on for a while.