Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Its funny you posted something like this now. Actually just last week I realized I wasn't doing the best I could as a husband to my wife. We have never been overly affectionate people but I just realized it has probably been years since I told her that I loved her. So I started now that everynight I say goodnight to her and tell her I love her. She seems to be responding well to it. I realized that our "together" time is usually watching TV. Normally she is watching something and I'm just dicking around on the tablet. I've started to try and actually engage in what she is watching. I've started doing just minor things like if I get home from work early on Friday instead of launching myself upstairs to play the computer I'll clean the house and do all the chores. I'll take care of dinner. I'll just buy flowers. Just minor things that are very low-effort but mean a ton to your wife.
So when is the divorce now that she has you all beta? I kid, I kid. White Knight approved!
rrr_img_107547.png

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So we just moved across the country and basically hit reboot on our life a little bit. I just got over cancer. My daughter is a total wreck.

We are now integrating well enough into our new lives over here. The kids just started high school. The boy is on the soccer team (just JV this year). We have a lot of just stuff going on.

What I have decided is that from now I will just be more accessible for her. When he needs to be picked up from practice 30 minutes away I tell her I will do it. When she wants to go to the grocery store real quick and pick something up I would usually give her a request, smack her on the ass, and tell her to have fun. Now I go with her and push the cart around and pinch her ass when she bends over to get the beans. Instead of an office for me we set up like a joint area that we will spend most of our time in but when she goes down to make dinner I "go mobile" and sit on the couch down there if I can so someone is just there to talk to.

It has made her a lot happier. She is struggling with the fact that she has no friends but doesn't think going to the card shop and playing Magic is the way for her to make new ones! Her loss. The main problem is we are 45 min from her work and 30 min from my work. We aren't quite in the middle of nowhere, it's a country club on a lake, with a golf course but we don't know anyone yet. She just wants people to come hang out with her every so often. We will see how that goes.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ohnoes doesn't have to go for the forehead anymore, he removed the risk of stabbing them in the eye with his hair.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah bros I don't know. I'm really going downhill this past week. Trying to get my shit together and figure out how to fix my relationship but mostly I just feel really lonely and really, really fucking depressed. Sorry to get all ladylike on you guys, Imma go lift to make up for it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah bros I don't know. I'm really going downhill this past week. Trying to get my shit together and figure out how to fix my relationship but mostly I just feel really lonely and really, really fucking depressed. Sorry to get all ladylike on you guys, Imma go lift to make up for it.
Nothing ladylike about it. You may not be able to fix it, you need to realize that.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Traitor! Men may be "emotionally constipated" but women are emotionally overloaded. From my point of view emotions are a fact of life, but generally interfere with rational thought and proper decision making skills. This is why so many women appear "crazy". I don't see how you can state that we're the problem because we don't embrace irrational and emotional thought processes. While I may be entirely in agreement with you concerning the claim that we sometimes bring out the "crazy" in women by being emotionally ignorant or insensitive, in my opinion negligence or insensitivity doesn't deserve shrieking/crying/crazy in response-- it's a disproportionate and counter productive retaliation.
Hah. Woman aren't irrational at least not anymore than men. We are the bigger problem many times because we think we are fucking heroes and pat ourselves on the back for doing things that we are supposed to be doing anyways when we agreed to enter a relationship.

Just like men, there are several kinds of woman:

1. Woman you avoid
2. Woman you are friends with
3. Woman you fuck and nothing more
4. Woman you marry

Same with guys. If you pick the wrong one to live with then its on you. Having a dick doesn't prevent crazy. You've been around here long enough to know that.

Just like with anyone, man or woman, you live with someone for 10 years they are going to grate on you. Communication is the only way that things like that can work. Communication is something guys tend to suck at. If you can't talk or if you think the 2 word answers you give are adequate then don't be surprised when it ends spectacularly when the straw breaks the camels back.

You can't treat your wife like a bro that you spend a few hours a week with at the bar drinking and watching the game. You know as well as I do if you live with that bro for 10 years you probably wouldn't be bros anymore either.

A lot of guys have more and better communication on this forum than they do with their spouse. Years of neglect affect her, years of you being a cold wasted husk of the person she started dating, you remember right? back when you cared about her, take its toll.

Token effort of things you should of been doing all these years (say that I love you example) might be a nice start but its hardly going to turn the ship around on its own. By all means people improve your relationships but just don't break your hand patting yourself on the back for finally doing something that you should of been doing all this time. Let it encourage you to keep stoking that fire like you did when you were dating and actually gave a fuck.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
rrr_img_107653.jpg

Onoes making his rounds on facebook this morning it seems.

And I am firm believer in the 5 languages. It's a big helper if your spouse is willing to take their little quiz, and has been a big help in our marriage.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Forehead kisses are fine.. once you're already in a serious relationship. Preferably long term.

Before that, it just sends the wrong message.

iannis

Musty Nester
Not to be all redpill about it, but don't do that crap until the relationship is well established. It really does send the wrong message.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
What do neck kisses mean? I will fuck hard and make you scream?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
In a surprise twist, my wife voluntarily checked herself into a weekend treatment program. She has no idea what I've been doing, we never talked about it and up until she told me she was going...we hadn't talked hardly at all throughout the week.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
In a surprise twist, my wife voluntarily checked herself into a weekend treatment program. She has no idea what I've been doing, we never talked about it and up until she told me she was going...we hadn't talked hardly at all throughout the week.
Somebody snitched.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
So what does this do to your plans? If she's voluntarily getting help now, does that put the hold on you moving out? Could she have sensed what you were about to do, given things like you getting a car, and done this in order to protect her ability to keep your son with her? If she can demonstrate she's trying, that kills your custody issue in some ways.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
She still doesn't know about my car. There were zero indicators...for that matter no one knows about my car. Even my mom and dad still think I'm looking.

I don't know what this does to my plans. Her and I talked before she went late last night and she said she knows she needs help and asked me to take her there. (we took her car) We hugged before she went in and that was that.

This was so out of left field and was the last thing I expected, I'm not sure what to think right now. I'm in limbo for another 4 or 5 days before I can proceed further so I guess we will see what happens tomorrow night when I pick her up. This was literally the only thing that would have got me to stay before...that and her continued treatment. I'm still separating finances regardless so I'll continue on that this week. I'm confused right now but for the moment, I'm still moving forward with things as I was before.

iannis

Musty Nester
Keep preparing, but be willing to not pull the trigger.

She might realize that when you get quiet -- it's bad. Real bad. Bad enough that it encourages to fix her shit in a way that yelling at her never will/can.