Marriage and the Power of Divorce

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The only reason I know how much I even get paid annually is because you can google it.

My wife takes care of 100% of all finances and I could care less.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
We started with me handling all the macro-stuff (mortgages, loans, savings, investment, retirement, etc.) and my wife was suppose to handle the monthly stuff (utilities, cable, etc.) but she had a bad habit of just filing the bills and forgetting to pay them. So I took that shit over and got everything set to auto pay.

My wife also buys tons of little shit all the time. She also has to concept of cash flow, if she sees there is money in the account she thinks she is good to spend. I set everything up to automatically move the portion of the big expenses out of the checking account (savings, % of mortgage and car payments) when we get paid and back in when the payments are due to come out. Now any money she sees in checking truly is just spending cash more or less and I don't have to worry about her spending part of the mortgage payment on Jamberry's or tights or whatever stupid "come to my Facebook launch party!" shit she's gotten wrapped up in this week.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We started with me handling all the macro-stuff (mortgages, loans, savings, investment, retirement, etc.) and my wife was suppose to handle the monthly stuff (utilities, cable, etc.) but she had a bad habit of just filing the bills and forgetting to pay them. So I took that shit over and got everything set to auto pay.

My wife also buys tons of little shit all the time. She also has to concept of cash flow, if she sees there is money in the account she thinks she is good to spend. I set everything up to automatically move the portion of the big expenses out of the checking account (savings, % of mortgage and car payments) when we get paid and back in when the payments are due to come out. Now any money she sees in checking truly is just spending cash more or less and I don't have to worry about her spending part of the mortgage payment on Jamberry's or tights or whatever stupid "come to my Facebook launch party!" shit she's gotten wrapped up in this week.
I might start doing that, that's a pretty good idea. It's too easy to look at our large sum of money and remember all the bills due to come out

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I handle all the finances. From top to bottom, front to back.
giphy.gif

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'd like to think that if I ever wanted a sidepiece I could get one without paying.

if I were going to pay they'd look a lot better than that..
For normal ugly dudes like us having a sidepiece you "don't pay for" will probably cost you way more than a hooker you straight up pay after the favor

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I might start doing that, that's a pretty good idea. It's too easy to look at our large sum of money and remember all the bills due to come out
Now that I've changed jobs and gone to a structured pay system(10 and 25th every month) I think I'm gonna set up autopay just so I don't have to waste time remembering what needs to be paid.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
For normal ugly dudes like us having a sidepiece you "don't pay for" will probably cost you way more than a hooker you straight up pay after the favor
There's several things that always deterred me from getting anything on the side but among them is the fact that for a normal affair, it's an emotional relationship. And if the chick knows I'm married, she literally has you by the balls every second of the day because she can go to your wife at anytime. Thats just too much risk, IMO. Hookers, for all their issues, don't give a fuck about your wife or you and just want money and will probably treat you better than a sidepiece anyway. It's not like I'm advocating for hookers but there's advantages.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
There's several things that always deterred me from getting anything on the side but among them is the fact that for a normal affair, it's an emotional relationship. And if the chick knows I'm married, she literally has you by the balls every second of the day because she can go to your wife at anytime. Thats just too much risk, IMO. Hookers, for all their issues, don't give a fuck about your wife or you and just want money and will probably treat you better than a sidepiece anyway. It's not like I'm advocating for hookers but there's advantages.
Yeah, cheating is too much work(and I try not to be a piece of shit in relationships), but I would prefer the no-strings-attached of a hooker if I'm just looking for new pussy.

Tenks

Even if you take away any morality from the situation cheating just doesn't seem like a very good deal. Half of your shit for some strange? No thanks. The numbers don't add up.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Every man should have a blumpkin fund. And when you finally get divorced that's less of your hard earned cheddar for the ex to steal!

It's like killing 2 birds with a hooker.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, cheating is too much work(and I try not to be a piece of shit in relationships), but I would prefer the no-strings-attached of a hooker if I'm just looking for new pussy.
last thing I need is another bitch nagging me about this or that, too. People really want to deal with two of them?

Tenks

I'm also too lazy. I prefer to be by myself playing video games most evenings. I'm assuming if you had a secondary chick you'd have to spend time with her as well. How does that leave time for Starcraft?