Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
God damnit I was gonna make the clean house joke until I scrolled down and saw you beat me.

Granted the Lifetime Movie is a nice touch that I didn't think of.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sloshed is the guy with the house that's messier than mine, I feel for you dude.

Last night I was driving home a little angry. My wife had finally gone through the mail, separated it, and prepared to file it - this meant there were at least 20 separate piles on the new kitchen table. Then she just stops.. just leaves it there for 2 weeks. So the other day I calmly say, "hey, can we work on this?" So yesterday I'm driving home and I'm pissed because I know it's still there - came home and it was all cleaned up. She also cleaned up some areas in the kitchen that were bothering me (that I couldn't touch, apparently) as well as some stuff in my office. Felt good, for once.
I am that way, and my wife is like you. When we look at a sink full of dishes, she sees something that makes her twitch, I see a job that sucks, that I will get to at one point. However, if she tells me it is driving her nuts, then I will be more than happy to do it as I now know it is making her crazy. I know it's completely stupid, but maybe when you pointed out that specific thing, she understood what exactly was bothering you, and knew what had to be done to fix it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I am that way, and my wife is like you. When we look at a sink full of dishes, she sees something that makes her twitch, I see a job that sucks, that I will get to at one point. However, if she tells me it is driving her nuts, then I will be more than happy to do it as I now know it is making her crazy. I know it's completely stupid, but maybe when you pointed out that specific thing, she understood what exactly was bothering you, and knew what had to be done to fix it.
She kept saying she cleaned it because "even though you didn't say it, I knew in your head you were going insane"

I told her yes, that was the case.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
My two year old woke up and interrupted us during sex last night, and it was already 1am so we didn't try to put him back to bed and then finish. Blue balled by a 2 year old.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
a piece of advice I would offer if I could....never say you want a divorce when you're in the middle of a fight or angry. Wait until after your fight and you have a clear head and then think about it and approach it from there.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I even had someone warn me about her mother before we got married. The mother in law did some time after paying off an undercover cop to try and kill an ex husband. I always laughed at the mother in law giving me marriage advice considering she was divorced 4 times.
I would think this would be more of a red flag than finding your wife getting DP'd

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I would think this would be more of a red flag than finding your wife getting DP'd
No fucking shit. Your fucking future mother in law was convicted of attempted murder and you went ahead with marrying her daughter anyways? Holy fuck, dude.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
She will until you get married at least. Then she will control you with that thing.
Man, I know that this does in fact happen, but my experience has been that the girls want the sex just as much as the dudes. Every LTR I've exited involved the girl still hitting me up for booty calls and my wife and I have just as much sex now as when we dated (actually more since we started procreating). And I'm not claiming to be some wizard in the bedroom either, about the only thing I offer that your average dude (seemingly) doesn't is a willingness to incorporate toys into the bedroom routine.

Most of my friends who have successful marriages say the same thing and most the dudes who end up with the girl who no longer put out post-nuptials that I know, can't say I'm surprised one bit knowing the girls. If I could have called that shit happening as an outsider it shouldn't surprise the person actually in the relationship one bit.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Agreed. I can't think of anyone I know in a situation like that where I can't also say "I told you so... About 87 times."

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I haven't had the pleasure of reading one of his posts in forever... I hope he's ok (I'm genuinely being serious here)

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Man, I know that this does in fact happen, but my experience has been that the girls want the sex just as much as the dudes. Every LTR I've exited involved the girl still hitting me up for booty calls and my wife and I have just as much sex now as when we dated (actually more since we started procreating). And I'm not claiming to be some wizard in the bedroom either, about the only thing I offer that your average dude (seemingly) doesn't is a willingness to incorporate toys into the bedroom routine.

Most of my friends who have successful marriages say the same thing and most the dudes who end up with the girl who no longer put out post-nuptials that I know, can't say I'm surprised one bit knowing the girls. If I could have called that shit happening as an outsider it shouldn't surprise the person actually in the relationship one bit.
Yup. The dudes who whine about pussy drying up after marriage are almost without exception the ones who were too stupid(blind?) to pick up on how shitty their future wife was to begin with. There are tons of guys who, even despite friends and family warning them, go into shitty marriages. Then cry about how she 'changed' when they got married.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
And so many people get mutually overweight after marriage. It isn't shocking that she doesn't want to get slammed by some fat guy even if she herself is kind of a chunker now.