Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My wife has that shit too. Backlogged stuff about donations, or putting something up in the house. I tell her my mind is just not wired to think about some of that stuff, but if she tells me I'll do it.

It's like cleaning for her, it just isn't there in her mind.
My wife is 1 of 8 kids, and so their house growing up was never "spotless", so it's not in her to "clean" really. Clutter is the normal she's known her entire life. A new thing that I like doing though is making a point of eating dinners together. Whether that's Wendy's I just brought home for everyone, or something we made at home. This has forced us to get the kitchen table "shit catcher" under control and cleaned up and we eat dinner often enough together that it stays that way. The issue is gonna be when I leave for 2 weeks, and what it's going to turn into!

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
He finished up his book two, sent it off to his editor and has been in a weird limbo since while he waits for her edits.

So, tell him to start on book 3. He's a fucking writer. He's never without a job unless the editor is telling him what to write. If he needs a second job, it should be household budgeting. Since you're tightening the old belt now, he could be putting everything into spreadsheets and coupon'ing and figuring out how to feed the family for 30 cents a day. I mean he chose a career where you need to be a self starter. If he wants to make it work, he needs to self start! I think it's Ok if you kick start his self starter.

By the way, what are the books about? Have you plugged them in another section?

I know this is off topic, but I'm wondering about the timing. Was the cuck thing going on during his depression or when the marriage was stressed?

Wait, why am I being down on him, I'm supposed to take the dudes side. This is your fault. How often do you blow him? Practice positive reinforcement.

Dishes are a matter of contention. She has extreme eczema that breaks out in soapy water so I have to do them.

Holy shit that's genius. Tell your wife I'm stealing that. I'm already allergic to nearly everything so it'll be believable. Tell her to send me a PM about how she fakes the rash.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I can only speak anecdotally but I delved into MMO addiction to escape my real world depression when I was younger. I have to imagine he's doing the same thing. I don't have a fix because I don't think there really is a fix coming from the outside. I also don't really agree with drugging in this case because I don't believe I was depressed due to a chemical imbalance there were things wrong with my life that I was unwilling or unable to fix. If he gets a script he'll just be a drugged up zombie masking the real problem instead of fixing the root of the cause.

• 1Solidarity

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea but if the drugs are good enough his books will probably be way more interesting.

• 1Solidarity

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
How's that?

I mean, you'd have to be okay with your wives being with the other guy obviously, but in a totally non-gay fashion you could have a different woman each night, and threesomes now and then. If you wanted to do foursomes/group you could, but not necessary. None of that is remotely gay.

It'd be pretty hard to deal with in a long term arrangement, but it'd be something.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yea but if the drugs are good enough his books will probably be way more interesting.
He could write a scene where a bunch of kids get lost in the sewers and have a gang bang to refocus. Just spitballing

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester
yeah, you gotta stop with the EQ shit. At least he does. And you gotta remind him that you're his wife, not his mother.

Get him into Dorf Fortress.

Being stressed out by EQ is no bueno. Everyone on this board understands how it CAN happen.

We also all understand that it has to stop happening. It's giving him a sense of self worth. He needs to find a better one.

• 2Solidarity

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I mean, you'd have to be okay with your wives being with the other guy obviously, but in a totally non-gay fashion you could have a different woman each night, and threesomes now and then. If you wanted to do foursomes/group you could, but not necessary. None of that is remotely gay.

It'd be pretty hard to deal with in a long term arrangement, but it'd be something.
It all sounds like swinging at that point.

• 1Worf

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I need to see the husband's Magelo before I can really give honest feedback.

Seriously, though, MMOs are like blackholes for people with depression. You guys should just stop playing them.

• 2Solidarity

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
In beta I used to farm this zombie in the Qeynos sewers(Rosco? Bosco?) who dropped this +5 CHA Order of Thunder. Nobody knew what the fuck stats even did then, but I made a killing with those things. I'd probably still be married if I didn't find that camp...

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
It all sounds like swinging at that point.

Sort of, but swinging implies new partners regularly. This would be more like a poly quad. Swingers are like couples who go out and have sex with others. This isn't what he was implying, he was implying they are like a married foursome.

Might be a distinction without a difference, but there ya go.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
In beta I used to farm this zombie in the Qeynos sewers(Rosco? Bosco?) who dropped this +5 CHA Order of Thunder. Nobody knew what the fuck stats even did then, but I made a killing with those things. I'd probably still be married if I didn't find that camp...

You were married in EQ beta? Are you like 70 years old?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Sort of, but swinging implies new partners regularly. This would be more like a poly quad. Swingers are like couples who go out and have sex with others. This isn't what he was implying, he was implying they are like a married foursome.

Might be a distinction without a difference, but there ya go.

Well there's only one way to find out

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
But none of that is stuff I knew I needed to do until it popped up. Well some of it was, like the fence shit. But the rest is just stuff I come across while doing other stuff. Does that make sense? It's that I think that way - I'll see something that needs to be done that may not have been obvious. And like I said, I'm not blaming him for that. He's never thought that way about household stuff. Maybe I need to just not do it and put it on a list for a later date. I don't know.

A bit late, sure, but I'm here to tell you, that is exactly what you need to do. This is the same struggle me and my wife have had for 12 years. His tolerance and your tolerance are two completely different levels. You see dishes in the sink, and they probably burn at your retinas until they are done, whereas he's ok with that amount and won't move unprovoked on them until they are much higher. Me and my wife sit down for an evening and it's the same conversation. To me everything is fine and can wait so I can relax after a long day, and she's hopping up after a breather to tackle the pile of shit she sees that needs done before she goes to bed. Not once am I thinking "bitch needs to have my laundry clean, and my dishes clean, or else." I just flat out think it's fine and it can wait for BOTH of us until a time we aren't so tired.

lindz

#DDs
I need to see the husband's Magelo before I can really give honest feedback.

Seriously, though, MMOs are like blackholes for people with depression. You guys should just stop playing them.

Yeah, we don't do them often anymore. Mainly because most suck these days. Usually only lasts for a few months when we do and it could only ever be an evening and weekend thing before. I'm thinking with the setup we have, they are definitely going to be more problematic.

I'm just trying to be really careful around all of this and I'll probably give it a few more weeks while maybe gently pushing a bit more. I'm still in the "it can't go on forever" phase which maybe is naive, but a girl can hope... Regardless, thank you all for listening to me vent for a moment.