Marriage and the Power of Divorce

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Again, if you want to show proof then don't link articles that are misleading and on flawed studies.

Until then I'm sure the majority of people will write hypnosis as treatment off as bullshit

The Master

Bronze Squire
Again, if you want to show proof then don't link articles that are misleading and on flawed studies.

Until then I'm sure the majority of people will write hypnosis as treatment off as bullshit
You realize that linking actual studies is pretty close to impossible? They are all behind paywalls. If someone is a university student they can look it up fairly easily, but otherwise...

It isn't like that is unique to this issue. Most studies can't be linked to.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Biggie gave me all the evidence I need on hypnotizin' bitches.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
What did you do after losing the weight? I think maintenance is harder than loss. Pretty easy to brute force any eating surplus by just exercising even more. True, while you can do that while maintaining, your margins are much smaller. And you have to know how much extra food you ate and what amount of exercise that equals, or you might go into loss or gain.
I got super stressed out for 3/4 months and stopped eating right and stopped working out, so I know what happened. I don't think anyone who goes through something like that doesn't know what happened, even if they say they don't. The bottom line is that I should have worked harder but life got really hard and it became difficult. I'm not making excuses for me, I'm just saying, I have read in many places about the 5 year success rate of weight loss basically being zero and what I have seen anecdotally kind of backs that up. If The Master turning his dark and terrible gaze on someone makes them more likely to succeed, why not?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'm still not sure what exactly Brutul is railing against.
I'm not railing against anything, just making an observation. I don't think I've ever known anyone who was fat, got thin, and then stayed that way long term unless it was a hormonal thing like puberty or menopause or something that made the change. Based on that, I said that nothing really "works" in the weight loss arena. That said, I'm not really declaring a universal truth here, it's just something I'm thinking about. I know that if you are thin and in shape you would like to take credit for that, and I'm sure that to some extent you deserve it, but I still feel like there might be something more to it, whether it is physical or psychological. I know how much effort it takes for me to not gain weight and I don't really see other people in my life putting in that level of effort but I could be wrong.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
There's a thread on this same forum, directly under this one on the front page, that has the information you seek.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If Master can hypnotise McCheese to not gorge out on food 3 times a week I'll be a believer

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
And I get flak for derails!

P.s. Met a girl. Like her a lot. Also she's 26, so practically an adult! :p

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
That is just an article on it. The study was published in Chest Journal, which is the publication of the American College of Chest Physicians. Which has been around for about 80 years.

Also Dabamf, didn't you post multiple times at this point about how the kind of cognitive therapy you're learning isn't done by the vast majority of your profession, despite empirical data that it is superior in results? That if anyone wanted you'd help them find someone near them trained correctly who was using modern methods? Mostly because the theories aren't accepted despite the data? Hypnosis has a very similar problem. Just because something is supported by the data, just because it works, doesn't mean people accept it. As demonstrated by this thread, hypnosis has a real problem with its public image. Especially in the U.S. But the data is there, for anyone who wants to look at it.
Point well taken. I'll retract my statements for now and read up on it before posting more

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I think it's clear that no one is interested in talking about marriage or divorce anymore.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
You realize that linking actual studies is pretty close to impossible? They are all behind paywalls. If someone is a university student they can look it up fairly easily, but otherwise...

It isn't like that is unique to this issue. Most studies can't be linked to.
I guess I'm spoiled from having access to quite a few databases at work.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Biggie gave me all the evidence I need on hypnotizin' bitches.
You stole that Wakandan's eyes?
What did you do after losing the weight? I think maintenance is harder than loss. Pretty easy to brute force any eating surplus by just exercising even more. True, while you can do that while maintaining, your margins are much smaller. And you have to know how much extra food you ate and what amount of exercise that equals, or you might go into loss or gain.
Havent we already discussed before being a certain weight is a lifestyle(diet and activity lvl), not a thing you do for a couple months?

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Havent we already discussed before being a certain weight is a lifestyle(diet and activity lvl), not a thing you do for a couple months?
Don't ever mention that in the weight loss thread, they'll tell you all you need is bicep curls and ketosis.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Don't ever mention that in the weight loss thread, they'll tell you all you need is bicep curls and ketosis.
I assume you're mostly joking, but the vast majority of the regular posters in the weight loss thread are proponents of living a healthy lifestyle which includes healthy eating and regular exercise. There are just a handful of keto zealots and other weirdos.

I know how much effort it takes for me to not gain weight and I don't really see other people in my life putting in that level of effort but I could be wrong.
I don't know anything about you or your friends so I'm speaking generally here, but just because you don't see people putting in effort to be fit doesn't mean they don't do it. You might see someone drinking beer and gorging on hot wings every Sunday afternoon, but you don't see them the other 6 days of the week when they eat healthy, low-calorie meals and hit the gym 3 - 5 times a week for cardio and weight lifting.

This is very similar to a point that has been brought up in this thread regarding "happy" marriages. Just because a couple appears to have a blissful marriage on the few days you see them together doesn't mean everything is that way for the other 95% of the time.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Bro youre drinking soda? That shits fucking disgusting and unhealthy for you, it kills your inside with all that sugar. Now excuse me while I pound a 12 pack of natty ice.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I don't know anything about you or your friends so I'm speaking generally here, but just because you don't see people putting in effort to be fit doesn't mean they don't do it. You might see someone drinking beer and gorging on hot wings every Sunday afternoon, but you don't see them the other 6 days of the week when they eat healthy, low-calorie meals and hit the gym 3 - 5 times a week for cardio and weight lifting.
I am pretty sure that is not the case. The people I'm talking about are close friends and family members and I know for a fact that they never exercise, or at most they come up with some big plan to go jogging every morning, do it for 3 days, and then forget about it for 6 months.