Married with Children Reboot

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
social media would not allow this show to ever return in the unfiltered form that it originally aired. all it takes some sarkeesian type to talk about rape culture on twitter and then a bunch of multihaired cunts retweet and threaten a boycott to get it cancelled.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
1U4x7Jf.jpg

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
They gave a pretty good effort to get Married with Children off the air the first time. Off course it was just the puritan right trying to do it back then.

mopoke

Bronze Knight of the Realm
social media would not allow this show to ever return in the unfiltered form that it originally aired. all it takes some sarkeesian type to talk about rape culture on twitter and then a bunch of multihaired cunts retweet and threaten a boycott to get it cancelled.
I guess there's no chance of Archie coming back either then.
frown.png

Married with Children and All in the Family were both great shows.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I'm not sure they should mess with this one. There's no way they will as politically incorrect as they were the first time around.

But I will give it a chance if they do it.

spronk

FPS noob
well holy shit this wasn't a hoax or anything, they put up a trailer on a protected site and someone hacked in

original cast (no young Poochy kid i think) and they move from chicago to florida? so fucking weird and unnecessary, feels like some AI simulation fucking-with-us bullshit

theres an ARG website which I assume will be part of the actual official release announcement

• 1WTF
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Animated? Bleh.

Half the hilarity in MWC is Ed O'Neills facial expressions and you can't capture that with animation.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Animated? Bleh.

Half the hilarity in MWC is Ed O'Neills facial expressions and you can't capture that with animation.
Yes, and slapstick cartoon jokes don't really fit in when the jokes in the show, even if at that time were silly, at least seemed believable.

I remember a couple of stand out episodes but I always loved when they came on reruns that showed this.

One was the backyard barbecue where Al was famous for his hamburgers, and his trick was he left the ashes in from the previous grill which made the burgers taste better. Marcy's mom died, and It's guess they were having them over, but somebody had accidentally cleaned out the ashes from the grill, and I want to say Kelly dumped Marcy's Mom's ashes from her and into the grill, and the final moment is Marcy actually bonding with Al fir maybe the first time in the show, I'm saying you weren't lying these really are the best hamburgers ever. Still probably one of my favorite episodes.

Guess the other episode is when Bud wins a party with Anthrax, but they get snowed in, and there's no food other than the mystery loaf in the freezer, which causes the band to hallucinate. Meanwhile Al and Peg or at a timeshare during a hurricane in Florida or something.

Yeah cheesy stuff, but that doesn't really translate well in an animated series. The jokes are just going to be so over the top like Futurama or The Simpsons or whatever, and that's not what the show was about.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I remember a couple of stand out episodes but I always loved when they came on reruns that showed this.

One was the backyard barbecue where Al was famous for his hamburgers, and his trick was he left the ashes in from the previous grill which made the burgers taste better. Marcy's mom died, and It's guess they were having them over, but somebody had accidentally cleaned out the ashes from the grill, and I want to say Kelly dumped Marcy's Mom's ashes from her and into the grill, and the final moment is Marcy actually bonding with Al fir maybe the first time in the show, I'm saying you weren't lying these really are the best hamburgers ever. Still probably one of my favorite episodes.
you forgot that steve was reveling in feasting on his bitchass mil
szPTQH.gif

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
you forgot that steve was reveling in feasting on his bitchass mil
szPTQH.gif
What was the other subplot why were they running around in the back? I mean I haven't seen it since I was young. May not have been Marcy's mom but maybe her aunt or something.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
What was the other subplot why were they running around in the back? I mean I haven't seen it since I was young. May not have been Marcy's mom but maybe her aunt or something.
when kelly dumped the ashes in the grill and everyone ate the burgers she realized what she had done and started to tell everyone and peg is just chasing her around like you bitch, you made us eat human
*edit
oh guess it was aunt

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
At this point I remember three episodes about Married With Children:
Anthrax (since I was a metal teenager)
Aliens (Isuzu!, I think it was)
Kelly as a trivia champion whose brain fills up (Polk High)

So yeah, I don't have the greatest reverence for it, but animated is probably the only medium they could get away with writing the "sexist, sizeist" jokes Al was best at.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
when kelly dumped the ashes in the grill and everyone ate the burgers she realized what she had done and started to tell everyone and peg is just chasing her around like you bitch, you made us eat human
*edit
oh guess it was aunt
Yeah it looks like I remembered most of it, I just forgot about them chasing each other around, and then Steve not giving a shit. Was such a good episode.

spronk

FPS noob
i think its animated mostly because Christina Applegate has a lot of health issues including multiple sclerosis so this is pretty much the only way she can do the show. Ed O'Neill i'm sure doesn't want to do a live show either at 78 years old

its just kinda weird, most of the people who really liked the show don't watch animated stuff. I don't think young kids have any touchstone to the show. I mean we know a reboot will fail miserably because it wouldn't be funny at all, but I'm not sure this is gonna be funny either. oh well, who cares, doesn't erase the 259 FUCKING EPISODES of this show that exists. I recently downloaded all 11 seasons but haven't gotten around to rewatching.

an animated movie or two ala south park woulda made more sense i'd think

latest