Marvel Heroes 20xx

sebur

Bronze Squire
Got an 800 defense Uru yesterday so ya they are still there. Just way rarer than the rest it seems.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah was about to post it, can't get more than one key without jumping through hoops I don't wanna bother to though.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Whoever designed the interface for this Omega System must be a masochist.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Apparently there's talk that there will be Hero Box giveaways everyday during the anniversary event on various gaming websites as an ad blitz. Best bet I guess is to watch the forums and other sites like a hawk and post back here if anyone finds an opportunity available. Thanks to those that have posted links so far. Finally managed to snag one this morning and got Colossus...

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I guess that makes sense and explain why they only have 5000keys each to give, if they had too many everyone would end up getting like 30 boxes for free and that's not particularily good for business. Hope I get Squirrel Girl and Nightcrawler then, want to try them both. Might hop on test server to check them out.

Almost done leveling Scarlet Witch, it slowed down quite a lot after 40. For a hero that doesn't have a signature and have a lot of completely outdated spells, she sure is strong. Her aoe is insane and she's pretty tanky for a "squishy" caster with the life regen veil and life on hit dot as well as the decent missile deflect buffs and more importantly 50%dmg reduction on chaos warp. Haven't found an upgrade in like 15levels, it's really weird how during the early 40s I was getting a ton of uniques and since I have found only a couple and they weren't good/not class specific. I'm not even finding cosmics which assuming decent rolls would be a decent alternatives to my uniques, especially my weapon which is like 38(I'm 53). But it has +3 in the damage tree and mental damage or whatever so anything I check as purple even with +1 all skills is lower damage even if it has a lot more base damage. Not like it would matter too much though, having no issue whatsoever killing stuff, just it'd be faster.

Khane

So... I hated playing Hawkeye previously (think the last time I touched him was about a month ago). He was so slow and just way too spirit hungry while levelling.

I loaded him up last night and I don't know what they did but he is WAY more fun now. I don't have spirit problems anymore and he does more damage (currently level 54). I went Nerve Gas, Fire Arrow, Passives, Twin Pym, Sig, 1 point into shrieking, stark tech and stealth. He dishes out some hurt and seems to be a lot faster now.

Khane

I guess that makes sense and explain why they only have 5000keys each to give, if they had too many everyone would end up getting like 30 boxes for free and that's not particularily good for business. Hope I get Squirrel Girl and Nightcrawler then, want to try them both. Might hop on test server to check them out.
They are both strong. SG is one of those characters you will either love or hate. I personally really like her. Ever since her mini review she has some great options and she has one of the best basics in the game (especially if you get the any hero unique that gives like 2k dmg rating to basic attacks). She can also be built as a summoner and while her innate squirrel summons can't tank (nothing attacks them) all the items you would use to buff them usually have a separate summon ability of their own which can and do tank. I'm waiting til I get a Sinister's Cuirass which is the last summoner unique I need to pimp her out with legendary, blessings, runeword and the like. With the Omega System you can give your summons some ridiculous buffs.

As an aside, for all you new players. I would recommend doing all 22 red/green terminals every day for Cube Shards. You can turn them in for Fortune Cards to the Cube Shard Collector in each hub and those Fortune Cards often give you boosts to either EXP, Rare Item Find or Special Item Find. This will make the trudge from 45-60 go much faster for you. If you have 2 hours a day to play I would suggest doing Legendaries for the first 45 minutes (because you can get terminal legendary quests and get your cube shard at the same time) and then spend the last 1:15 doing the terminals. The experience won't be that much worse than legendary quests pre-50.

Here is a link to a guide on story quest rewards, you can also do the quest for the exp potion in each difficulty on each character. Just have someone give you the waypoint you need (It's in chapter 7, just need to kill sinister):
Alt Guide - Rewards per Chapter; Patch 2.1 - Marvel Heroes

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh yeah I have a bunch of potions, just not using them because you know, that's how you play video games, you keep the consumables for when you'll need them, which turns out to be never. It's slowed down but it's not really so bad either so whatever I'll just use them on next hero. I got a bunch of cube shards from doing LQs but not all of them, think it's still better to do LQs though, Odin Marks are a lot more valuable then Cube Shards and you get shards doing odin marks anyway. I'll have a bit more than 300 by the time I hit 60, which means I'll be able to afford a legendary right away.

Khane

Odin Marks are definitely valuable. I'd say you'd only miss out on ~10 odin marks by switching to terminals for an hour or so and getting cube shards each day. If you skip the painfully long terminals (Doom and maybe MODOK) it doesn't take long at all. You can also get costumes and pets from those fortune cards as well.

Fortune Card Mark 1 - Marvel Heroes Wiki

It's just a suggestion since leveling past 50 can really feel like a grind. It breaks that grind up a bit to do something other than Legendaries for a little while.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah no I know I checked the rewards for cubes it looked all fairly bad and the card doesn't have anything I'd want that's why I haven't bothered, I get like 2/3 of the shards just doing LQs anyway, I do green/red when I get duplicate LQs so it's not big deal and don't see a point in only farming the shards. Main thing I'll probably farm them for eventually is leveling my crafter/enchanter but eh no need right now.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Last two random hero box giveaways have came and went damn near instantly. I got the 2 or 3 before that, though!

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If anyone has codes from this morning's giveaways (F2P and Gameitems) they wouldn't mind PM'ing me, I'd appreciate it. It seems each code can be used a couple times, since I was able to get a hero from Ten Ton Hammer by using a code that had already been redeemed once.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
If anyone has codes from this morning's giveaways (F2P and Gameitems) they wouldn't mind PM'ing me, I'd appreciate it. It seems each code can be used a couple times, since I was able to get a hero from Ten Ton Hammer by using a code that had already been redeemed once.
Orly. Didn't know this at all.