Marvel Heroes 20xx

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Probably a dumb question, but are there specific artifacts that come from certain boss / zone loot tables, or is it completely random when and from what they drop?
Yes.

Guide: Specific Loot Drops - Marvel Heroes 2015

Marvel Heroes Compendium v6.8 by Mjoll

I swear I get certain artifacts only/much more frequently from certain cosmics too. Like I got tons of ACCoC, Wicked Wands (both advanced and normal, which is especially retarded from a cosmic boss), Agamottos, and Phoenix Feathers while running cosmic Juggernaut for a Shillelagh. And then a totally different set of repeated drops from cosmic Kurse when I switched to farming him.

Edit: I can count on one finger the number of 8/8/1 cosmics I've ever seen. And it didn't even roll the right skills.
frown.png

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Probably a dumb question, but are there specific artifacts that come from certain boss / zone loot tables, or is it completely random when and from what they drop?
Yes there are certain boss specific drops. Hand of Doom only drops of Doom, Gem of the Kursed only drops from Kurse. Pretty much every terminal boss has at least one boss specific drop (and the drop in Midtown off those bosses when they spawn as well)

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'll second your experiences with Rocket. I thought Loki was bad while leveling, but Rocket has taken that to a whole new level. Constantly out of spirit, piss-poor damage, and it takes a fucking age to set up turrets. I am very glad that I only need his L25 synergy for Squirrel Girl because I can barely stand to do one LQ a day on him for the bonus mark.

Cape is slot 3, it's one of the BIS ones that will become trash next week.

And you're right, she's way too squishy still. I thought they were going to add some decent defense to Spirited but instead all we got is some hp. HP doesn't mean much if you don't have any damage reduction to back it up.
Rocket is pretty dull leveling until you unlock his BFG. Once you get the BFG you can go around flashlight of dooming entire screens worth of enemies dead super fast. If you get the plus spirit on npc death stuff and focus on a lot of plus area damage/plus energy damage his spirit problems are not to bad.

He really can use his rework though while the BFG is pretty funny to use he is pretty slow and dull leveling up and once he gets what power he has its either non directed groot smashing or just sitting in place shining a bright light so you cannot see anything on the screen which can get a bit old. One revamp they really should do is change his BFG type power to a mini gun with actual bullets and less blinding.

Vorph

BFG kills normals almost instantly, but at L34 it takes practically a full bar of spirit to kill a blue or yellow and is only worth using if there are several clustered together. When you're used to Arctic Breath (which is now Loki's highest DPS skill), it is extremely underwhelming. I have Energy Barrage maxed as well, and find myself comparing it [unfavorably] to Cyclops's Optic Barrage since I use them for similar purposes. EB pierces, but that's about all I like about it.

I'd love to see him get a sig in his 52 review that's similar to Luke Cage's and shits out all his turrets at once, or at least summons the existing ones you have out to a new spot. Preferably with a 20-25 second cooldown, and not something annoying like a full minute. Doubt it will happen though, since there's cases where you want to leave suppression turrets spread out and then you couldn't use your sig at all, and people wouldn't like that.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
I'd like them to just have one turret and his talents augment that turret. They're really not a fun playstyle to have to lob those bitches down every fight.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I tend to use the time dialation and the suppression turrets. You drop both almost instantly at the start of the fight and the agro they generate from targets is STUPIDLY high so while rocket aint the most exciting hero he can do really well in most scenarios because almost nothing ever bothers attacking him.

Vorph

I'd like them to just have one turret and his talents augment that turret. They're really not a fun playstyle to have to lob those bitches down every fight.
Yeah, there's a lot of ways they could fix the shittiness. Move existing turrets, have only one blaster turret, have three blasters with no cooldown, etc...

-----------

Event details are coming at noon EDT tomorrow. Beta Ray Bill team-up is being released on Friday along with the final event too.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They said the review will have some work on the turrets. While reducing their numbers makes it easier to drop them, it also makes it shittier to grab aggro with. Best way, and that goes for D3 too, would be charge based(but don't think MH has the mechanic yet). Basically it lets you setup multiple turrets in a row, with the cooldown recharging for all of them when you're moving around and shit. If there's few mobs you only expand one charge, if there's a lot/boss you expand everything at once, no time wasted. Removing the cooldown would work fine too though to an extent. Like Storm's new wind summon power is very easy to use, it's up to 5 tornadoes you can summon and you can spam the key and get 5 in like 2seconds or so which is fairly nice. Not like fucking IW's blue balls of death, fucking 5secs cooldown like turrets, have to constantly resummon them it's a pain to use.

And yeah when I played RR I thought BFG was amazing and shit cause it kinda clears trash fast, but that was before playing Scarlet Witch. She clears the entire screen(on every side, not a cone) with Chaos Warp much faster and it's pretty much permanently sustainable with only a Maht because the skill has a single use cost at the start of the channel instead of constantly draining spirit. BFG is especially awful on terminal bosses, most of the trash dies to the aoe turrets as soon as they spawn anyway, and the DPS/spirit usage is awful. He needs an actual skill to kill bosses well. That and his first turrets do absolute dogshit damage considering they're single target. 3 of them don't even come close to BFG damage even on single target and it takes like 12secs to setup 3, plus they target random shit all the time. A single target ability with pointer effect like Sic 'Em would be great, like channeled laser or whatever.

Vorph

Beta Ray Bill team-up skills:

betaraybillteamupskills.png

Definitely will not be buying him. I like Spidey on my melee heroes, and for other heroes his Tier 3 does half of what Firestar's does, Tier 4 looks quite inferior as well.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
His procs look like shit, the stats are nice but yeah doesn't look like it's worth it and he's very very bad if you don't play melee, while the others I believe are a lot more balanced(falcon might be ranged dmg rating?).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They announced the nature of the event this weekend(technically friday morning until monday midnight), not gonna copy paste cause too much shit but link:
Anniversary Month Final Weekend! - EPIC TWELVE - Marvel Heroes 2015

Basically, bunch of events running at the same time. More rarity, more runes, hero token drops are back, more omega xp, shared quests omega rewards x3+1daily omega orb, 1daily SHIELD insignia and increased insignia droprate, more cosmic doops spawns, random massive rarity increases for 20-30mins, increased rewards for specific game types announced on a schedule(like terminals have increased rewards, xdef, mm rotating), more rewards from cow levels, BOGO and G bundles increases(more G for the same money) and 2 special event drop shit, hotdog stand guy and football/soccer stuff, expect 15ish different items to collect(yay inventory).

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Events this size are nice, but I'm pretty much at the point now I wish they would just pull back from them after this one. Outside of these events loot is not in a good place, artifacts still too rare, while retcons/unstables are almost completely MIA. I'm sure from a marketing standpoint these are a winner for Gaz, but actually playing the game outside of events feels like a waste of time. I don't even bother farming, I just do LQs/SQs for the Marks and Omega XP when there's not a loot bonus event going.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
Anniversary Month Final Weekend! - EPIC TWELVE - Marvel Heroes 2015

RETURN OF THE REAPER
The Reaper Returns!
Every few hours, a new game mode will have increased loot, alternating between:

Terminals (all levels, all terminals)

Midtown

X-Defense and Holo-Sim (both at same time)

The complete schedule will be posted here and in an announcement on the website and forums on the day of the patch (Friday morning).

In addition, the current boosted target zone will be represented in the login message of the game and announced as it rotates
Legendary BOGO
One of the most requested events is always the BOGO event - buy one hero get a free hero, or buy a costume and get a free costume.

It's always a nice feeling to buy something for 400G and randomly get an extra something worth double or triple the value.

The kind folks over on the store team took it one step further to make this a Legendary BOGO event by also including a 15% bonus G sale for the weekend.

These two events have never been combined before and will likely never be combined again, but you only have an End of Anniversary Epic Twelve week once...

This BOGO / G Sale Hybrid event will last all weekend until Monday at noon
Even More Cowbell
We really want to explore the studio space and see how much Cowbell we can work in.

The Cosmic Cow King Crate has a lot of interesting stuff and it's time to bring it back for anyone who missed it or just wants a random Cosmic Medallion, Cowbell artifact and other tasty toppings.

Everyone logging in Saturday will receive a Cosmic Cow King Crate with delicious beefy loot.

Throughout the Epic Twelve event, loot in Bovineheim will be increased.

Throughout the Epic Twelve event, loot in the Confidential Bovine Sector will be increased.
DEVS WITH BENEFITS
Play with the Devs is a frequently requested event, especially because of the spoilers a certain dev loves to provide (looking at you Xarex).

We decided to make Plays with Devs more interesting by expanding it to Devs with Benefits!.

The Devs!

Developers who have signed up so far include:

@AlienSuperMage - Engineer for many game features, including motorcycles.

@Amthua - Lead for raids. Also works on items and enemies.

@Doomsaw - Creative Director.

@Heretic - Creator of Many game modes and Lead Content Designer

@KingBacon - Engineer of many hero powers and systems.

@MichaelMayhem - Lead designer for new enemies and hero designer.

@PsiLocke - Hired from the community. Works on hero powers, tuning, PVP, items and more.

@Ryolnir - Lore / story developer and community manager.

@TheArtofRawr - Hero designer, PVP designer, many level 52 hero reviews.

@Xarex - CEO of Gazillion, designer of many things, creator of Diablo and Diablo 2.

The Benefits!

To make this a little more interesting, each of the Devs has their own code for a free boost potion.

Each Developer will announce their code sometime during their play session.

The codes are sure to be spread very quickly through the official forums, Reddit, Hub4Heroes.com and other spots, so there is no pressure.

The codes will be good for an entire week.

The final Devs With Benefits schedule will be posted Friday afternoon.
RUNES RELOADED
Runic Revelry has

The rarest runes have their drop rate increased during Epic Twelve

All "day of the week" runes have their drop rate increased during Epic Twelve

The Zod rune has its drop rate significantly increased during Epic Twelve

All runes have their sale value increased during Epic Twelve (good time to sell extras)
Soccer Showdown
To celebrate the ongoing soccer festivities, Marvel Heroes will include various flags from World Cup countries as drops in all zones and modes, gamewide.

These can be used in the following ways:

They may be sold for credits.

They may be donated to level up crafters / enchanter.

Used to craft a higher value Soccer Ball Credit item, which can be exchanged at the Holiday Vendor for Melanie's Magical Soccer Boots

Melanie's Magical Soccer Boots have been buffed and a new unique power added to them
COSMIC CHAOS
The Marvel Universe is full of Cosmic things. Doop is one of them!

Cosmic Doop Spawns more frequently

Cosmic Doop will always drop a random Cosmic Medallion during Epic Twelve

Cosmic Doop will always drop a random Cosmic Ring during Epic Twelve

Cosmic Penta Boosts will be returned to the store for the Epic Twelve event only.
SUMMER BBQ
The start of summer is the perfect time for a BBQ party.

Sponsored by the courageous Midtown hot dog vendor, Fred Dawson.

The following items can be found throughout the game:

Remy's Spicy Dijon Mustard

Omega Red Ketchup

Electric Pickle Relish

Hot Dogs
ALPHA OMEGA
The Omega Orb Bonus for completing each of the Shared Quests for the first time is TRIPLED for every day of the Epic Twelve event. This can result in a large number of bonus Omega Orbs over the course of the event.

For the duration the Epic Twelve event, Omega Orbs will be 10% easier to acquire.

And as an additional bit of Omegawesomeness, every day during Epic Twelve an extra Omega Orb will be delivered to you just for logging in.
TEAMWORK 101
Teamwork can come naturally or it can be learned.

It's an art, a science and a discipline.

Whichever category applies to you, the Epic Twelve event including a team-oriented feature:

The drop rate of Team Insignias is increased for the Epic Twelve event, in all zones.

Every day of Epic Twelve an Epic S.H.I.E.L.D. Team-Up Gear will be delivered to you at login.

All Team-Up Heroes deal increased damage during the Epic Twelve event.

All Team-Up Heroes in the G Shope have their price reduced 20% during the Epic Twelve event.
ACCIDENTS HAPPEN
Legend tells of a mysterious time period when unique items dropped like candy kisses from Willy Wonka's infamous Chocolate factory.

Some say this was Loki casting a spell on Midgard in hopes of creating chaos, some say this Deadpool adjusting server side rarity inappropriately, others say the Council of Reeds created a rift in the very fabric of reality.

Whatever it was, it's sure to happen again.

During the Epic Twelve event, server-side rarity boost will have a few unexpected large increases at random times through each day. The boosts will be spread out so that every timezone enjoys the benefit.

These times will not be announced ahead of time and will last anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes.
OLD SCHOOL
And for the 12th event, a taste of old school Marvel Heroes!

For the length of the Epic Twelve event Hero Tokens are back.

Hero tokens for ANY hero have a small chance to drop from any enemy in any zone.

Will you be one of the lucky ones?

FAQ

Q: When does the event start and end?

A: Start time is when the patch hits, Friday morning. The event lasts until July 1 (Monday midnight).

Q: How long do the BOGO and G sales run for?

A: The BOGO and G Sale ends at midnight Monday.

Q: Can people who work weekends participate?

A: Absolutely, the event will run all day Friday and Monday, as well as the weekend.

Q: Is Silver Surfer part of the BOGO promotion?

A: Surfer will not be inside BOGO boxes, as normal, but if you purchase Silver Surfer you will receive a BOGO bonus box of another random hero.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well this should be the last weekend of the anniversary stuff so the weekend events should likely calm down to a more normal pace for a while but looks like the loots shall flow this weekend.

Vorph

Events this size are nice, but I'm pretty much at the point now I wish they would just pull back from them after this one. Outside of these events loot is not in a good place, artifacts still too rare, while retcons/unstables are almost completely MIA. I'm sure from a marketing standpoint these are a winner for Gaz, but actually playing the game outside of events feels like a waste of time. I don't even bother farming, I just do LQs/SQs for the Marks and Omega XP when there's not a loot bonus event going.
I'm with you there. And the thing is, even with the loot boosts running, loot in general is still pretty fucked. I've gotten 1 UM this week, none of the other SIF drops, no daily runes, one useful artifact (a Pym Shrink that dropped during the Midtown Madness test) and ZERO cosmic rings. 150 or so Kurse runs has left me with nothing to show for it either, and with loot boosts shut off I wouldn't even think of trying to farm anything in a cosmic.

Events are great, and this one especially so. I'll throw them some more money because I really do like the game, but the real test isn't this event, or the 4th of July one sure to follow it--it's what they do between the 4th and the next event after that (Labor Day? Halloween?) that concerns me. Most of all, they need to stop with their bullshit of adding new content at a high drop rate and then nerfing it into the ground, like they've done with cosmic rings, Man-Ape, runes and artifacts across the board, etc. There's almost 40 heroes in the game, if they let people actually reach the carrot on individual ones I'm pretty sure they'll just play another rather than instantly quit.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I've got about 20 of the yellow daily chests and a few cakes saved up. Do you think opening them during one of the Accidents Happen boosts would boost them?

Vorph

My guess would be no, but it certainly wouldn't make them worse. Personally I save cake for future heroes or existing ones that I'm frustrated about not getting a specific slot of theirs to drop.

Yellow boxes have shit for loot, half the time my purples drop more odins and I know I've gotten more uniques from purples than from yellows. I wouldn't waste the stash space on them ever.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I open purple/yellows for odins mostly, I sometimes get a SG unique too in case I get a better rolled that the ones I have, or her elusive slot2(which I don't really need but eh never got it). I keep them on one char for unique dupes and I open them daily or like every 2days or whatever, whenever I run out of team up inventory space where I put them usually after getting them on leveling heroes. As for cakes yeah I'm keeping my slices for when I level a hero to 60 and feel that that's the hero I really want to play. I opened a few on Squirrel Girl and Scarlet Witch already but since they both have every unique slots I need I don't want to waste more for a possible +1roll and most likely a lot of dupes.

Goatface

a couple days ago, i got an unstable and a cosmic ring, believe the UM came from a purple and ring from a yellow
with a mid 40 hawkeye, i got 2 uniques out of the same yellow.
been playing around with a low Scarlet witch in holosim opening a bunch of purples on day it is a shared, but not gotten a damn thing worth keeping.