Marvel Heroes 20xx

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Bought the $200 or $60 pack for early access.

I moved the game to my SSD usinghttp://www.stefanjones.ca/steam/(cool utility) and it really helped the game it seems. All day I've been getting weird sound bugs and haven't had one in the 2 hours since I moved the game onto the SSD.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Can pick from Scarlet Witch, hawkeye, the thing, daredevil, and storm. SW, HE, and the thing supposed to be the best choices.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Can buy them with cash, or they are rare drops.

Shelved Spiderman at lvl 13 for Deadpool - they made Deadpool fucking beast again.

Killjoy_sl

shitlord
Can buy them with cash, or they are rare drops.

Shelved Spiderman at lvl 13 for Deadpool - they made Deadpool fucking beast again.
I think his Healing Factor is still bugged/nerfed. I'm getting over 1000hp a minute on Wolverine at level 10 but only like 180 on Deadpool.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
I think his Healing Factor is still bugged/nerfed. I'm getting over 1000hp a minute on Wolverine at level 10 but only like 180 on Deadpool.
Son of a bitch, it looks like it's at least bugged in one way. Rank 10 to Rank 11 shows no increase in healing. Not sure when it stopped going up haven't been paying attention, just point dumping.

The game really picks up in Chapter 6, Fort Stryker is really fun.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
From what I have been reading, as long as you are not expecting to much this game is fun, at the surface if nothing else.

Fenz

Silver Knight of the Realm
Started with the Hulk but I like a ranged character more. Really like The Punisher so far
biggrin.png

biggrin.png

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Honeymoon only took a day to wear off. Once you finish the storyline your content choices are 10~ daily instances, 10~ group (which as far as I can tell doesn't even make use of the god damn auto grouping feature that automatically runs throughout the entire god damn storyline) daily instances. there is no hell/nm/inferno style story rerun or anything else. Leveling pretty much slows way the fuck down after 20. Very disappointing. Game will be DOA after 3 months, really too bad because i was having so much fun until the brickwall of shit hit me in the face.

Just finished the storyline as lvl 23 Black Widow. I'd say the game is worth a download to try. It's free its not costing anything but time.

Last time I played was in beta when lvl 7 was it, which got me to lvl 26, and it was quite unfinished at the time. They really improved some of the graphics and animations. I mostly liked the assigned grouping, bosses were way easier with some extra warm bodies than it was solo. The bad part is if the randomly assigned group leader logs off, then fuck you, everyone else is booted from the group and instance, you have to do the whole thing again. Happened to me twice.

The sound is really buggy too, sometimes there's just silence. The wrong music continues to play after loading, and during loading.

Like bixxby said, the endgame doesn't seem like it will hold interest very long. I don't know if the randomly assigned grouping works on dailies, or if there just isn't enough high levels yet trying them to get assigned with a group. But from what I understand, dailies from the avengers tower = hell, x-mansion = nightmare, shield helicarrier = inferno. Allegedly the shield helicarrier dailies are for 50+. They do scale to your level though.

I had to quit in disgust in only my 2nd daily. Doc ock had heals when injured affix, and that is ridiculous bullshit. I'd do 5-10% damage then he would heal back to full. I had 2 stuns and a knockdown loaded up, they do jack shit. Ihaveknocked him down by spamming my skill but it would be sheer luck if it happened while he was healing. I even knocked him into the air with my backflip stun and he kept channeling through it. Even if I did stun him it would probably be too late. I checked out the official forums, turns out there is a heals on damage affix that is ridiculous for melee characters. So I'm less likely to get an auto-loss just from this one affix, rather than two affixes. Yay? The only solution is to wait 15 minutes, do a different dungeon to reset, and try again and hope you get randomly assigned a better boss affix. Or level up and get better gear noob. Which is what I was trying to do when I got randomly assigned an auto-loss. Apparently if the boss cons green then it should be np if you have the gear too. The dailies currently con yellow to me.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, healing on damage and healing on injured are both retarded and not balanced for bosses. Just more unpolished shit. Did get a couple people and group up for some stuff, was pretty fun. Leveling is still excruciatingly slow compared to every other ARPG in the last 10 years though.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
What level are you supposed to be to start Chapter 6? It feels like my level 15 Deadpool needs to grind just to do some of these zones.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Just finished the campaign at a smidge under 26. Soloed the final boss encounter, basically by kiting the Main Bad Guy through lightning fields. I don't know how some of the other characters would fair, though. I played up through heal-spamming Doc Ock; I think I will need a partner for that, or at least fresh eyes/legs/hands after the long finale.

They still have a ton of bugs to quash, that is for sure, but there are tons of opportunities for easy-add content that people will eat up. Whether people stick very long is a different question.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Black Panther is really really strong, as is Black Widow. Colossus is a beast tank, Ms. Marvel is pretty noob friendly and easy to play.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
I see tons of Cables and Cyclopses. My twinked-with-purples Cyclops is a machine. Not a Starter pack but free, Scarlet Witch is your choice for amazing AoE action.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well after 6 days, well make that 4 since 2 were down for me, I am level 24 starting the chapter before last(8 I think).

I am still having a lot of fun with Ms. Marvel. I am liking the options between range and melee, she's pretty viable in both. Although you cannot only do range as her basic ability that doesn't require spirit is a melee ability.

I've been pretty thorough in all maps, exploring them all...and getting all the mini-instances. Doing I think pretty much all the boss events.

I find that starting with Fort Stryker, the game becomes a lot more intense, not really harder but much more chaotic as it seemed to me the maps have tons more mobs in them, and you constantly fight 5-10 mobs at a time...and group after group almost non stop while navigating the map. I liked it a lot.
smile.png

I haven't found a single hero or costume so far(not that i care I got the ultimate pack so I have all of them already). I did get something for The Thing that upgrades his ultimate power I believe

Probably will go with a range character next...Deadpool, Cable, Scarlet Witch or Jean Grey I think.

smile.png

Lenwen

Silver Squire
I've gotten the hulk to drop of some random mob in chapter 1, and a cable costume off venom in chapter 2.

At the moment, I think I'm going to shelf cable for the time being at level 30. It feels as if I have hit a brick wall, and the fact that cable is bugged and doesn't gain any attribute doesn't help matters any.