Marvel Heroes 20xx

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ya, I'm stoked to start playing tomorrow despite some of my issues with it in CB. Going to buy Spiderman and go to town (assuming they recognize my purchase).

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
How are they doing with patches? Are they doing daily fixes or any frequency of downtimes?

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Post about next patch in the patcher:

GAME MAINTENANCE: 2AM PDT MAY 31ST
5/30/13: We will be taking the Marvel Heroes game servers offline overnight tonight for maintenance and to apply a new game patch. Downtime will begin at 2AM PDT (5AM EDT, 10AM BST) and is expected to last up to 4 hours, although it may finish earlier. Patch notes will follow in the forums; thank you in advance for your patience.
I don't remember one last night but I certainly wasn't awake and playing at 4AM CDT.

Can anyone tell me what the Hank Pym service "Transform Epic" actually does? So far all it does is take my money and give me back the same exact item.

EDIT: Per the SA thread, what it does is "convert a Very Rare for a different character into a Very Rare for your current character", so basically lets you swap purples around between your heroes.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Is the store available during this weekend? Got 5500 fun bucks and need to get some scarlet spider action going.

Drew

Molten Core Raider
Is the store available during this weekend? Got 5500 fun bucks and need to get some scarlet spider action going.
Streamers have been buying things, so most likely yes. Hard to be certain for heroes since the current players already have them all and have no option to buy them.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Sorry but I haven't been following this game/thread very much but saw it pop up on Steam and seems interesting. Is the overall consensus of the game that is is fun and I should check it out? I should note I am trying to avoid time-sucking MMORPGs anymore. More a game I can hop into for an hour or two a day and doesn't require 8 hours of raiding to be competitive.

As a note I played the fuck out of Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It's not necessary a "great" game, but I find it to be definitely a lot of fun.

It's great to play for a few hours here and there, especially if you like playing alts.

Killjoy_sl

shitlord
It's free to play so give it a shot if you like ARPG's. It doesn't have as much depth as games like Path of Exile but I've enjoyed it so far. I don't really see myself playing it long-term though unless they are quick with the content releases.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Its the perfect "I've got a few hours to kill, I want to mindlessly kill Super Villians" game. It's better than MUA imo anyways. There are problems with it, but its f2p so the only thing you'd be spending is time. I'd give it a whirl. I plomped $60 on it and don't regret it in the least.

Tenks

Can you play by yourself or do you require a group at higher levels? I assume since you said it accommodates drop-in and play it is very solo friendly.

Goatface

so appears they are still patching, but they did release patch notes
Game Update Notes - 1.10.0.68 ? May 30th, 2013

Please note: a large number of bug fixes and balance changes are incoming with future patches.

Content Additions

Localized French and German content is now available. All motion comics now have localized French and German voiceover. Select your preferred language in the Options/Gameplay tab.

Content Changes

Enemy Changes

The boss affix ?Heals on Damage? has been reduced in effect.

Hero Changes

Captain America

Shield Bounce: Decreased bounce range, so it doesn't travel as far.
Stunning Backflip: Now displays the shield point cost, and costs 2 points instead of 3.
Shield Block: Now unlocks at level 14 instead of 16.

Spider-Man

Spider-Man?s Symbiote costume emotes /showoff and /wave now work.

Rocket Raccoon

Quick Shot: Can now be slotted on Right Mouse Button.
Suppression Turret: Can now be slotted on Right Mouse Button.

Bug Fixes

Players playing via Steam can now properly purchase Gs.
The experience bar tooltip will now display properly.
Fixed an issue where language support was not appearing in the Options menu.
Fixed problems with /tell in chat which only displayed the first letter of the message trying to be sent.
Fixed issues with the social panel.
Fixed an issue where all sounds in a Public Combat Zone could be replaced with the loading screen sound effect.
Reduced the severity of problems with bodysliders, by preventing your checkpoint from being changed to a town, if you have already unlocked that town.
Captain America: Shield Toss/Shield Bounce: These powers had incorrect damage bonus percentages attached to them through their synergy, causing them to deal double the base damage. This has been fixed.
Captain America: Leaping Strike now displays the shield point cost.
Captain America: Spirited Shout will now display VFX on targets affected by the shorter duration buff.
Captain America: Encouraging Shout will now display VFX on targets affected by the shorter duration buff.
Captain America: Aggressive Shout ongoing VFX is no longer missing.
Cyclop: Concussive Force no longer halts movement and/or spirit regeneration.
Hulk: Fixed an issue where Demolishing Charge would not activate when you have no Anger.
Iron Man: House Party (Ultimate Power) now can be upgraded with hero tokens.
Rocket Raccoon: Turret powers are no longer interruptible when being summoned.
Lighting in S.H.I.E.L.D. Training Room has been fixed.
Fixed a potential client freeze when trying to play a movie when the game is partially downloaded.
Options: VFX Obscurement: When VFX Obscurement is turned all the way down, Energy Rifts in the Group Challenges can now be seen.

Known Issues

Guild functionality is currently disabled, and War Machine has been temporarily removed from the game. This functionality will be re-enabled as soon as possible.
French and German localization is almost, but not entirely complete; some English text may be found.
Mr Sinister?s Clones have green pet VFX on them.
Powers that deal damage over time currently cannot score critical hits.
After being defeated by Pyro, there is a chance that players will be brought back to Xavier?s School rather than the beginning of the instance where Pyro is found.

UI and In-Game Store:

Paypal is currently disabled as a payment option.
Store icons for Black Widow and Spider-Man display an incorrect costume. Black Widow comes equipped with costume from Marvel?s The Avengers; Spider-Man comes equipped with his Modern costume.

Missions:

Destroy Sentinel Fragment: There is an invisible wall blocking mission progress.
Find Agent Baker: Agent Baker does not spawn, so mission cannot be completed.

Endgame ? Daily Missions:

Avenger?s Mansion:

Green Daily ? Castle Doom ? Mini Map appears to be unpopulated and shows nothing.
Red Daily ? Abandoned Subway - Shocker's AI intermittently stops working. He won't attack, but he'll turn to face you.

Xavier?s School/SHIELD Helicarrier:

Green Daily ? Castle Doom ? Dr. Doom?s number of affixes change depending on his form rather than staying constant as intended.
Green Daily ? Castle Doom - Dr. Doom?s number of affixes change depending on his form rather than staying constant as intended.

Items:

Bloodstone Lion: Visual effects appear incorrectly.
Madame Hydra Medal: Tooltip is incorrect. When you take damage there is a 4% chance you will make your teammates invulnerable for 3 seconds, but it will also make your hero invulnerable for 3 seconds.
Green Goblin Medal: Green Goblin Medal will not create a poison cloud.
Tombstone Medal: Tooltip displays incorrect dodge percentage.

Characters

Some emotes are not working for Cable and Deadpool.

Black Widow

Acrobatic Assault: This power can miss if the enemy is running towards you.

Black Panther

Some gear icons are black silhouettes ? gear can still be equipped.

Captain America

Aggressive Shout: The power has both a 10 second buff and an ongoing (lasts until turned off) buff. Only one of them is shown.
Invigorating Shout: The power has a 10-second buff and an ongoing (lasts until turned off) effect, but it does not show either of them. Health regeneration does not show up on character sheet
Combat Veteran: Power currently has no effect.

Cable

Searing Shot: Visual Effects when hitting enemy are not seen.

Colossus

Lingering Boon: Tooltip is incorrect. Each rank actually extends aura duration by 2 seconds.

Jean Grey

Mask gear slot incorrectly labeled as ?Jacket slot?.

Rocket Raccoon

Forceful Shot: Power unlocks at level 12 and should unlock at level 10.
Tactical Destruction: Tooltip does not correctly display bonus damage from shield cost.

Spider-Man

Evasive Websling: If there is no enemy targeted, power will land in incorrect location.

Thing:

Yancy Street Taunt: Can be used repeatedly without costing spirit after the initial spirit consumption.

Wolverine:

Regeneration Boost: Tooltip is incorrect. Power does not spend Fury to gain health faster as described.
Smell Weakness: Damage vulnerability is causing the enemy to take less damage rather than more.
Character sheet does not reflect health regeneration from Healing Factor (but displays resistances from passive powers).

Last edited by Ryolnir; Today at 07:11 AM.

Ryan 'Ryolnir' Collins

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Can you play by yourself or do you require a group at higher levels? I assume since you said it accommodates drop-in and play it is very solo friendly.
In Beta I was doing *some* of the group stuff solo. You can solo almost everything in the game from what I've seen. Though the purple portal stuff (daily missions) require groups. 1-30 though is a breeze solo for any hero. Servers still down which is a bit annoying... want to play when I get home.

Lenwen

Silver Squire
Wow, I was hoping the servers be up by the time I got home, disappointing.

As regards to soloing, depending on your hero and build, you can solo some of the end game group contents. I was doing so as Cable.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
So the servers did come up around 12:30-01:00AM CDT last night, and a number of the issues I had in my previous post have been resolved.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yerp. Got on last night and messed around with Spidey (avoided him on purpose in Beta). Like the hero a lot - going to get 2-3 up to level 10 then focus on Spidey exclusively.

LennyLenard_sl

shitlord
Any good streams going on this weekend? I've found two on twitch, but for the last hour they seem to be spending 90% of the time messing with their inventory or in a hub.

MsBehavn_sl

has an outie
Any good streams going on this weekend? I've found two on twitch, but for the last hour they seem to be spending 90% of the time messing with their inventory or in a hub.
Parroting this question, I didn't get to play as much as I hoped in beta(though I enjoyed what I did) so I'd love to see actual gameplay especially if real time.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Game is pretty fun. Tried out wolverine and healing factor was hugely sweet. Then I noticed deadpool had it too and could be played from range. Deadpool don't give no shits, he mows things down.

Question: Do heroes/costumes drop from trash mobs at all? So far I've found 1 costume, from Venom on the jersey docks or whatever.

Helldiver

Alright, I don't get it, I looked everywhere, and I didn't find any way to start playing. You guys are open beta testers or something? Founder's pack purchasers?

Only thing I found was 2+ early excess if you bought a founder pack, but even 19.99 is too much for me for this given how long I tend to play these superhero games.