Marvel Heroes 20xx

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Who cares about a week of Midtown Madness, I want to know what they're 'gearing up for' the week after. A bit early to be running something based on Age of Ultron.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
And those midtown boxes are valuable because they have loot splosions and currencies you normally can't get outside of dailies/legendaries??

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
And those midtown boxes are valuable because they have loot splosions and currencies you normally can't get outside of dailies/legendaries??
XP, purple/cosmic loot, chance at Midtown Signets, and chance at Uniques. In hand with that are Midtown Fortune cards which have a chance of dropping along side the boxes. Those can give out purple Insignias, 4 stat cores, Ult Upgrades, and some costume stuff along with the other common/rare shit you typically find on fortune cards.
Fortune cards may have some sort of internal cooldown similar to Eternity Splinters though as the seem to follow the same 8 or so minutes between drops when I've been there.

Khane

Thanks, looks like a good event for me to spam just coming back to the game.

Also, I can't believe I remember so little of what is in this game considering I played it for a year and have about 20 level 60s but... I am maxed out on credits, what's a good credit sink? Still just rolling affixes on my lower character's costumes I plan on eventually leveling?

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
Thanks, looks like a good event for me to spam just coming back to the game.

Also, I can't believe I remember so little of what is in this game considering I played it for a year and have about 20 level 60s but... I am maxed out on credits, what's a good credit sink? Still just rolling affixes on my lower characters I plan on eventually levelling?
Hmm, depends a bit on how you are playing the game.

If you're leveling it is really nice to be able to reroll Legendary Quests that are slow and shitty. If no event is running I usually reroll them to Terminals (skipping Doom/Modok), but if I have a ton of money on and there is an event pertaining to ICP or Midtown I may camp there and reroll LQs to those zones.

For level 60 characters there is always rerolling Artifacts, Uniques or trying for high affixes on your costume.

There is some other minor dumb crap you can craft like the Sentinel uniques and stuff that cost a small pittance of credits as well.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
The Bovine Sector portals (500k credits) aren't 100% useless anymore, so I occasionally buy one if I'm at 2.9mil or so, and don't feel like spending time rerolling shit. You're guaranteed 2 uniques from the boss now, although they'll be level 54-57 or so. But if it's a good one, you can always raise it to 60 via the crafter. I tend to run Sector with my chars who are in the low to mid 50's to help flesh out their unique slots.

Khane

Bovine seems like a good, quick sink. LQ rerolling is a good one too. Thanks.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Who cares about a week of Midtown Madness, I want to know what they're 'gearing up for' the week after. A bit early to be running something based on Age of Ultron.
Achievements in the next couple weeks, the new raid supposed to be soon too.

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
The event they are gearing up for is probably going to be another Big Ten, Brevik mentioned it when his wife was streaming the other night. Is a nice event, but at this point I'm waiting for actual new, repeatable content, ie Danger Room. Outside of gearing up new/reworked heroes there's very little to do if you've maxed our your Omega. I'm not sold on raids being all that great for the resources they invest to make them, would have rather they put that effort into making 5 man content out of the One Shots.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Servers coming down for Iceman and Punisher's 52 review. I can't afford Iceman since I bought Ghost Rider last night, but a guildmate was raving about him on the test center. Said he was getting around a 42 second ttk fully geared, which is damn good for a ranged hero. Said he's a real spirit hog though, so you'd probably need both a lizard and a zolas's. Excited to try Punisher though, he's so awful pre-review.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
couple things. Midtown Signets dont drop from the boxes, they only drop from the fortune cards. Fortune cards can come from the boxes but they arnt common by any means. Also best credit sink in the game is this versions of buy low sell high. Buy low artifact, reroll it for 200k, unstable molecule and some crafting mats then sell the high rolls for multiple lower rolls of it. Can turn 1 GoK into a 200/200/800/800 and flip it around for 5-10, or a lot more depending on the roll.

Khane

couple things. Midtown Signets dont drop from the boxes, they only drop from the fortune cards. Fortune cards can come from the boxes but they arnt common by any means. Also best credit sink in the game is this versions of buy low sell high. Buy low artifact, reroll it for 200k, unstable molecule and some crafting mats then sell the high rolls for multiple lower rolls of it. Can turn 1 GoK into a 200/200/800/800 and flip it around for 5-10, or a lot more depending on the roll.
Good plan, how many blessings does a low roll GoK cost these days?

Also, I have 20 eternity splinter potions from when I quit, should I just pop em while normal playing or should I save them for certain events?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd pop SIF pots to go with the splinter potions just to make sure they drop asap when the timer is up. Splinter potions can be popped any time, but they're best when you're gonna be killing lots of mobs instead of boss rushing or doing xdef or something.

I don't know if you'll find anyone willing to trade a GoK for blessings, blessings are just so worthless nowadays. My guess would be 10-12 if you can find someone willing to trade.

Khane

Ok so there is no real trade currency anymore? It's pretty much all barter?

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
blessings are a small currency, GoKs are a bigger one. For example a GoK is worth 10-12 blessings, an arnim zola is worth 1-3 GoKs, etc. Theres a thread that was posted in here to give you rough ideas about values.

LIST OF ARTIFACTS/RUNES/INSIGS CURRENT PRICES AND TRADING COURTESY (updated Feb 2015) - Marvel Heroes 2015

couple things out of date in my opinion. Price of zolas has gone down because of the chinese new year drop buff along with the omega week terminal farming. Id consider the circlet of cytorak higher since the demand is high with all the top tier heroes being physical and not a lot of people farming jugg. GoK price has been very volatile lately. Managed to trade 3 doop runes for one(~9-12 blessings), managed to trade 3 surtur runes for three (~6 blessings ea)

Khane

I didn't realize advanced circlet was that sought after now. I think I have 3 of em. Nice.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
got a character saved to green surtur, may try to farm it tommorow. Anyone want to give it a try with me?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
New Punisher is pretty easy to level. As far as playing him at 60, I think you would go basicless AND have to run 2 skill bars, because you have to put one of your passives on your action bar as it is the only way to refill your resource (ammo instead of spirit).

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
Did they ever change respecing in this game being tied to a consumable that you can buy with real money and barely ever drops? It's pretty much a big reason I stopped playing.