Marvel Heroes 20xx

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If Punisher can consistently get 20 second TTKs on the 3 man dummy, he's going to be nerfed into the ground. That is just a staggering amount of damage, and way too fucking much for a ranged hero.

*edit*

I found and watched the video and it's fucking hysterical. It's a 1 man dummy, and he took omegas and geared so he had so much spirit reduction that the cooldown on his rapid reload was under 1 second. That is some real creativity there.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
If Punisher can consistently get 20 second TTKs on the 3 man dummy, he's going to be nerfed into the ground. That is just a staggering amount of damage, and way too fucking much for a ranged hero.

*edit*

I found and watched the video and it's fucking hysterical. It's a 1 man dummy, and he took omegas and geared so he had so much spirit reduction that the cooldown on his rapid reload was under 1 second. That is some real creativity there.
There are so many Omega talents I wonder if anyone in the community really cares about real theorycrafting. It seems like most heroes only have one or two good builds but it seems like there should be a lot more possibilities based on what you can do with Omega points.

Although I guess the stats and gear in this game don't offer much in the way of finding creative mechanics like this.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The most hardcore minmaxers I've seen on the forums are the people in the Cyclops forum. They've been minmaxing the hell out of him since before his review, back when he was one of the worst heroes in the game.

Khane

Anyone got an extra god of mischief recipe they want to give away?

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
The most hardcore minmaxers I've seen on the forums are the people in the Cyclops forum. They've been minmaxing the hell out of him since before his review, back when he was one of the worst heroes in the game.
Good ole' ShadowReflux. He's in my SG and is stupid good. i think he's down to 16-17 seconds on TTK without Overload

Khane

When you prestige what happens to the power points you got from story questing? Do they reset too or do you get to keep them?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You keep them, and it's actually pretty damn convenient to have those skill points while leveling up, so I always grab them before I start a prestige chain.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

*edit*

We wanted to let you know (before people start heavily investing into itemization for this build) that the cooldown reset for Headshot and Magnum was never intended to reach 0 seconds, so we will be capping Ammo Cost Reduction on Rapid Reload to 50%. The lowest possible cooldown will be 7.5s (6.5s with The Whole 9 Yards). This change will show up in next week's build.
RIP creativity.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well like I said, 20 second TTKs is way too high for a ranged hero. I think they've said they intend for Cyclops to be the highest dps ranged hero, and he clocks in at a 27 second TTK, and pays for that dps by being incredibly squishy. I think a normal build for Punisher is somewhere in the mid 30s in TTK time, which is still at the front of the pack of non-Cyclops ranged dps, and Pain Tolerance makes him fairly durable as far as ranged dps go.

The only other way was to nerf Headshot, and that would have thrown off 75% of Punisher builds. Better to just directly nerf the problem aspect of the broken build.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I wouldn't really classify that as creativity, personally. It was just people taking advantage of simple math.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah it's absolutely creativity. I played Punisher all the way to red prestige after his review, and all that time dicking around with him and trying different leveling builds it never even occurred to me to think about abusing the way spirit reduction interacted with the cooldown of rapid reload. Sure once you have the idea it's just a matter of working the math, but it takes creativity to have the idea in the first place.

And this is a very precise nerf by Gaz, which is not the kind of thing I've come to expect from them. They managed to target and neutralize a single problem build without affecting any other end game Punisher builds.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I guess my definition of creativity in the context of playing games with visible mathematical mechanisms/systems just differs then. All he did was play with numbers to get teh bestest l33t deeps, and since that's what most every hardcore gamer of this type is always doing, it just doesn't land for me. But this is just semantics at this point, so whatever!

Khane

So I think maybe I just wasted a bunch of uniques? I prestiges Hulk and bought the green iron buddy, it's equipped on hulk, at level 60, and I donated 8 uniques and got +2 int. Rerolled and donated again and +2 strength....

I thought these were supposed to be guaranteed to be +3 to specific attributes?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Nope it's random, you can get +1-3 to any single attribute, or +1 to all attributes. I've spent hundreds of uniques rerolling my pets. +3 fighting is the best, but +3 str or energy is generally good enough. +3 int for a summoner, but its a waste of time using int for the xp bonus because its so trivial.

*edit*

and yes, the st patty buffs drop anywhere in the game based off your SIF. You also get one guaranteed from your first daily completion of each SQ.

Khane

Nope it's random, you can get +1-3 to any single attribute, or +1 to all attributes. I've spent hundreds of uniques rerolling my pets. +3 fighting is the best, but +3 str or energy is generally good enough. +3 int for a summoner, but its a waste of time using int for the xp bonus because its so trivial.

*edit*

and yes, the st patty buffs drop anywhere in the game based off your SIF. You also get one guaranteed from your first daily completion of each SQ.
Thanks,

Is there an internal cooldown on the buffs like on Midtown Cards and Eternity Splinters?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Thanks,

Is there an internal cooldown on the buffs like on Midtown Cards and Eternity Splinters?
I honestly don't know. I know I've had two at once before, so at the very least the guaranteed ones from SQ completion are not on the cooldown if there is one.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
New Colossus costume looks ok but the new Rogue Age of X costume looks amazing and is easily her best costume.

Khane

Hub4Heroes is saying the Omega Event is around this weekend too? What is the Omega event? That stacking Omega experience (24% per day)?