Marvel Heroes 20xx

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So let me make sure about this one thing. Once you have finished the Story with one character, you can reset the series for a new character so that they will receive all the missions as they go through the various areas, this will allow them to earn the boosts to the character (extra power points, retcon, health / spirit boosts, etc), and doing so will not affect the first characters ability to run the dailies?

About to finish the Story with Colossus and would rather be able to use the Story again to level up Black Panther.

goatface_sl said:
thing i find annoying, once you reset it guides you along as normal, but then when you switch to you high level toon it loads up the "end game" missions and they stay up when you switch back to the other toon. if there is a way to fix it i am missing it.
That is a known issue, amongst many
frown.png

Another cool feature they could add for storytelling is a dynamic story in which one of your personal team members gets kidnapped and locked out until rescue, with the captive gaining partial XP for the mission. This would probably be best placed after Doom, at which point everyone should have a second team member or they would really deserve one anyway so why not flat out make this the beginning of their team up. Alternately the there could be a simultaneous storylines in which your characters are split into separate areas with their own goals that they must achieve but as part of a larger objective.

There could also be server stories driven by the number of a given hero that accomplish a given task. This would probably lead to a lot if Hawkeye and Thing driven stories until more people find non-starter unlocks, but it would give incentive for players to purchase and play as their favorite characters. All the story needs is a beginning and a goal and some good spin doctors to make it all make sense. They currently have the cosmic shard scenarios which they flat out warn players won't make a whole lot of sense because it's just random story elements sometimes.
There's a lot of nifty things given the source material theycoulddo. I expect more hallways with big guys at the end.

So do you get a new character every time you finish the game with a new character?
No

Goatface

correct, first time you pick your 2nd toon it will ask if you want to reset chapters 1-8
if you pick no, you can go to a person in avengers tower to reset from any chapter forward
like if you didn't want to repeat the rift as you get no rewards from there.
spreadsheet with rewards and stuff

thing i find annoying, once you reset it guides you along as normal, but then when you switch to you high level toon it loads up the "end game" missions and they stay up when you switch back to the other toon. if there is a way to fix it i am missing it.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Just got Scarlet Witch to 6 ... HOLY SHIT! She kills mobs way faster than Thing. It is like 500% faster.

Makes me want to put Thing on the bench until they patch the defense buff.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Just finished the storyline at level 21 with Hawkeye. Since level 10 I have been running with at least +15% special item find. Not a single ret con device, xp potion, card, costume, or hero drop (except for the two I got for beating the story). Was probably around 15 hours of gameplay.

Gonna run through again as scarlet witch and see what the results are to let you guys know. If I don't get a hero that I wanna play (capt America, ms. Marvel, Thor) I'm probably gonna uninstall.

Jefferson_sl

shitlord
I am betting that the drop rate for those things gets a lot better the closer you get to level cap. I am also betting that the drop rate for that stuff is tooled to drop after weeks of play, not days.

Who all is at least finished with Doom? I want people to run the single and team dailies with. My tag is Karhyis.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Those of you who are finishing the Story in the low 20's must have been playing some marathon sessions and burned through your rested xp. I reached lvl26 before draining my rested, and now at 27 I've only just started Ch.8.

Can anyone give a rundown on the playstyle / skills of Rocket Racoon?

Jefferson_sl

shitlord
I played straight through with Hawkeye and no XP boost and ended up at Doom at level 23 the first time. I didn't lolligag or try to be a completionist I just picked a direction and killed everything I saw, if I wasn't effective I would just hang back and find an xp train in the overworld.

Who knew that the answer to a cosmic super doom was repeated punches to the face?

LennyLenard_sl

shitlord
I've played through Dr Doom on Cyclops (finished at 26) and Scarlet Witch (finished at 25). No hero or costume drops. Quite a few artifacts, and I've found one, and received two lucky cards (via dailys). All 30 min rarity boosts. Rather annoying.

Decided to start over with Daredevil. Name is MrBarclay.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Those of you who are finishing the Story in the low 20's must have been playing some marathon sessions and burned through your rested xp. I reached lvl26 before draining my rested, and now at 27 I've only just started Ch.8.

Can anyone give a rundown on the playstyle / skills of Rocket Racoon?
Looking at my quest log on Thing (after I beat Doom) I realized I missed 3-4 quests. I think I would have been 22 or 23 after those not 27ish. I think it may have something to do with open world xp and getting credit for killing mobs. Not sure how it works, but as Thing I feel like I tagged way less mobs due to lack of AoE. That could easily be the difference of 4-5 levels over the whole story.

Jefferson_sl

shitlord
Looking at my quest log on Thing (after I beat Doom) I realized I missed 3-4 quests. I think I would have been 22 or 23 after those not 27ish. I think it may have something to do with open world xp and getting credit for killing mobs. Not sure how it works, but as Thing I feel like I tagged way less mobs due to lack of AoE. That could easily be the difference of 4-5 levels over the whole story.
I think you get credit for area kills as long as you are doing damage locally, not dependant on if you tag a mob. I think you just need to hit anything at all to be included.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
As thing I was very limited it what I hit, and that is what I meant by "tag" ... didn't mean it in the traditional MMO sense.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Supposedly something was bugged with rested exp for the first few days I think wasn't declining properly or something, they fixed it recently, and supposedly rested also helps with rare/item find. I finished the story around 23, no marathon sessions just didn't stop to kill every mob on the way. Running with 12% special item find for half the time and got no heroes or costumes, got a couple of the ores for the costume upgrades, and an artifact with a visual from dr doom on the second kill. Just need to get a set of special item find I guess, not much different that diablo. As for the complaints, lol, it's a free to play game, plays the same as diablo, plus it's taken the extra step of having everyone play together in open zones and not just a group, shred it all you want at least I don't feel cheated out of $60 like I did with diablo.

Jefferson_sl

shitlord
I am really enjoying the open zone idea with the exception of when venom is up and I can smell smoke coming off my graphics card, it reminds me of another F2P Realm of the Mad God that I enjoyed for a while. The auto party is also great but they should change it so that you can turn off auto fill. I also agree that for a F2P this is a pretty amazing game. It's also launch week and it's amazing that this game is working at all given the less than spectacular launches that have plagued the industry (Diablo 3, Simcity).

edit
I say this as the game repeatedly fails to launch. >< still better than error 37

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hm, yea I heard about the Rested Xp not falling off properly, and that bug where you would either get more or less xp while killing mobs that other people were also hitting. I've been killing everything (mostly) that tries to kill me while opening each map along the way. Guess it all adds up.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Yeah for some reason I always see a ton of people around for venom and madam hydra, I've turned off other players spell effects to try and help with it.

There's an option to uncheck join party when entering instance under options/gameplay. Not sure if that works as I haven't bothered to turn it off, one thing they need to fix is when you get kicked from a group in an instance should be popped outside the instance door not all the way back to say avengers tower, had a douche leader who was afk and then comes back a couple mins later and kicks people from the party to get sent back to the beginning of the chapter.

Goatface

was running the story with hawkeye and killed venom with like 100 people then got over to Lowtown and saw maybe 10 people the whole time while doing the quest for the artifact. ran into a punisher trying to solo madam hydra, after about 5 mins was joined by a scarlet witch and it took what felt like another 10 mins to kill her. i used like 15+ med packs. was pretty fun.

also did the quest for the retcon device and didn't get a reward. seems to be happening to a lot of people. got a support ticket in, will see how that goes.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I am playing with Scarlet Witch as the character I picked and then got DareDevil after the intro. Holy cow is life night and day between those two. Its a good thing he is the Man Without Fear because he gets beaten like a red headed stepchild

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Been leveling iron man. Holy shit dude gets like every node in int, at level 19 he's already got a 15% xp buff. Also respecced my deadpool and dumped every point into guns, the self heal, god mode, and reload. Kill speed jumped a whole lot, just spraying Shoot All The Bullets. For boss kills the best way I've found is to get lucky and have a gun that has a high chance to do 5% of an enemies hp and stack attack speed.

Also, you can reroll the costume enhancements you get through crafting, so on the cheap tiers, keep rerolling until you get crit or attack speed. The other bonuses are shitty city.