Marvel Heroes 20xx

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Defense changes have been kind of a joke. You can tank Surtur sword drops on every hero now while farming. My AntMan with no defense items other than a stack of 1k defense relics sits at 61% dr and 32k health.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Danger Room finally patched in today after months of delaying, least the item pool from the rewards are good and you can chain scenario if you want.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Its honestly pretty terrible:

Scenarios are generally 3 tile sets long.
Trash is the hardest thing in them. Playing anything but Scarlet Witch for her signature is purposely gimping yourself.
Damage is all over the place in terms of if you'll be randomly killed in one second flat.
Just have someone teleport to objectives then bodyslide to them, literally no point in running through a map.
Some scenarios don't have enough trash spawning so you're stuck wandering around till it finally respawns some.
Floor traps are literally effects that just spawn underneath you, they aren't static nor provide any real challenge.

If they don't find a way to actually make the game enjoyable for those that are omega and gear capped this game is pretty much grind up and go play something else for a year.

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
If they don't find a way to actually make the game enjoyable for those that are omega and gear capped this game is pretty much grind up and go play something else for a year.
The ship sailed on that ever happening awhile back. My guild held on as long as it did because Amthua was our guild leader, and we also had some of the most knowledgeable white listers, so it was possible to at least nudge the game direction at times. Out of the like 40 jobs they axed, he was literally the only person that played the game, at least in any serious manner. Not a single person in their office besides Amth could beat the cosmic trial, yet the major design calls were being made by people like Brevik whose highest level of play is endless prestiges running LQs. It's why the loot system in general is still god awful, and the reason raids got pushed to begin with even if they were a terrible use of limited manpower for the amount of gameplay they offer.

At this point with the skeleton crew they have left, it's just going to be continue pumping out heroes/costumes to milk the true believers and casual folks that just want to go into midtown to beat up on some enemies with their favorite comic characters. Too bad really, the Marvel IP is on fire now, and I think the arpg format definitely fits making a superhero mmo, but in the end it's just too much incompetence and lack of experience in the decision making.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah since the purge it seems Gaz has gone the way of just about every multiplayer developer in terms of people who don't play the game designing and balancing the game instead of listening to those who have the time invested. Feels like more and more devs are going this route and more should look at assembling an internal testing team comprised of the more intelligent players instead of playing the "we know better" card. D3 at least started listening to the community in terms of changes needed and the game has improved ten fold over the years.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
On test now

rrr_img_119812.jpg

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I watched someone on test server play showcase his abilities and play with him.

First he looks awesome, his animations looked very cool with the different stances.

His actual mechanics look to be a bit complex/cumbersome.

I hope he's ready for the holidays since I'll have time to play.
smile.png

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I watched someone on test server play showcase his abilities and play with him.

First he looks awesome, his animations looked very cool with the different stances.

His actual mechanics look to be a bit complex/cumbersome.

I hope he's ready for the holidays since I'll have time to play.
smile.png
... Look at the team-up

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
H2-B2 for a holiday herbie.

Iron Fist is very interesting. Dunno how good he is yet, but he's one of the most complex heroes they've ever designed. Definitely not your typical 'spam cooldowns while holding down spirit spender' rotation.

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
H2-B2 for a holiday herbie.

Iron Fist is very interesting. Dunno how good he is yet, but he's one of the most complex heroes they've ever designed. Definitely not your typical 'spam cooldowns while holding down spirit spender' rotation.
how so?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ok so he's less complex now that I've used him a bit. He's not THAT unique, but he's probably their most original power design of the year, except for maybe doom. His specializations are actually fairly different from one another, compared to someone like Cable where every spec is holding down your filler while hitting all your cooldowns as soon as they refresh. He first spec has you swapping back and forth between two stances, his second spec has you stay in a single stance the whole time, and his third spec has you use all five stances. Every stance has an opener that puts you into that stance, and then a stance combo which gets an additional bonus if you're in the approriate stance. So seven armies sundered gets extra hits if you're in leopard stance, etc. The five stance spec actually has you using all five stance openers but none of the stance combos since stance combos reset your spec bonus.

I'm currently using single stance serpent, serpent is his only aoe stance. I did all my prestige leveling in double stance spec, and I didn't like it. Takes up too much space on your bar and seems like you have to use a second bar to play optimally. Single stance tiger is probably his best dummy dps setup. The biggest drawback to grandmaster (five stance spec) is that you have absolutely no aoe at all.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Verdict so far is that IF is fun but obnoxiously fragile. As in the world first cosmic IF in my sg can't do solo CDRs even with hp costume affixes and a lvl 80 shield because he gets gibbed constantly.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was excited at first but now I think IF is their worst release of the year, and friday's patch was the buggiest patch of the year with the stupidest changes of the year.