Marvel Heroes 20xx

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ancallagon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Gift Exchange info:

Holiday Gift Exchange : what for whom

The gift exchange can be done only once.
Event mission info : press L to see each NPC's location.

5 each of red and green candy canes for Stan Lee, he gives a Gem of the Kursed.
5 Holiday Trees for Ben Urich, he gives a box of 100 random relics.
Full Set of "Iron Man Vs. Series" Cards for Agent Coulson, he gives a random lvl 80 legendary.
Pretzel and Ketchup for Wonder Man, he gives a Gem of the Wurst.
Sentinel Head for Professor Xavier, he gives a holobody visual.
Alex Williams' Mohawk Gel for Beast, he gives a random Vanity pet.
The All-Father's Eyepatch for Nick Fury, he gives an Iridium triple boost(2 hours).
Bloodstone Panther for Maria Hill, she gives 50 armor drives/odin marks/worldstones/protectors/seals.
Fantastic Force Field for Sue Storm, she gives 10 Mysterious Concoctions.
Doop sector portal for Heimdall, he gives a box of 5 rare runes.
200k credit chest for Sif, she gives a box of 200 odin marks.
Epic Madame Hydra medal for Abigail Brand, she gives a SHIELD agent medal.

You can buy Ketchup from Jocasta, Gel from Moondragon for 1k currency. Sentinel Head from DR vendor for 500 Merits.
Holiday daily giftbox & 5 stack of winter buffs will give you some candy canes and trees.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ancallagon

Been a great 14 day login gift session - haven't really played much other than to log in and then complete the gift exchanges, but have gotten 8 more pets, which is quite useful, and a couple more team ups. Just kinda waiting for the big huge update to come before I start playing more again.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got a STASH box I can't even use. Makes me want to re-evaluate my budget... and my life

• 1Like

Ancallagon

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/4014955#Comment_4014955

Ahoy-hoy everyone,

It's been quite the ride since we announced the Biggest Game Systems Update Ever back in September of last year. We laid out the plans for updates coming to...

With many Test Center iterations, feedback received, and finger's crossed... we are excited to let you know that the Biggest Update Ever is set to launch on Thursday(1/19) of this week. Now as most of you know, things can change and with the literally Biggest Update Ever for Marvel Heroes launching... this could get pushed to a further date. We are also working on building patch notes for this massive update so stay tuned.

We can't thank you guys & gals enough for all the time and feedback you have given us as we take the next step for Marvel Heroes!

• 1Like

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Unless they update the build on the test center before Thursday I expect a lot of bugs. Still excited for talents and item drops that actually matter.

• 1Like

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I played this only a handful of times and could never really get into it. Has the game improved, if that's fair to say, or has it continued to evolve into a more interesting game? Just couldn't determine the real drive of the game to get me hooked into furthering my character(s).

• 1Like

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Havnt played since they said movement changes would be going in come hell or high water. Shame they killed the game so swiftly.

• 1Like

Delly

Trakanon Raider
They have travel skills and dashes though. Travel skills have a small cast time so it's hard to use them in combat. Dash skills typically are used in combat or to get out of combat, not to travel.

I played this only a handful of times and could never really get into it. Has the game improved, if that's fair to say, or has it continued to evolve into a more interesting game? Just couldn't determine the real drive of the game to get me hooked into furthering my character(s).

Depends when you last played but it hasn't changed much in 6 or 7 months.

• 1Like

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Only a 8.8 GB download on Steam.

Also apparently this update is taking place in 2 parts... so one of the things I was most excited about (meaningful items similar to Diablo) won't be in the game today. RIP.

• 1Like

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Game is still hot garbage, plays exactly the same in terms of ttk/ttl.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Haven't played in a long time, so I think I'll re-install and try out the changes. This game gets a lot of hate here, but I've enjoyed it in the past as something to just login and hit bad guys with my favorite superheros.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Even the official forums are seeing descent, the game is literally the same thing but now all your heroes that felt good and did damage are underpowered and die even easier. Travel powers are gimped to hell for whatever reason they can think of. Maybe the 2nd half of the patch is the key to it feeling balanced but highly doubtful. 7 months for no real content and gameplay update that made the game just as bad as it was in beta.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
First Patch Hero Attribute Adjustments
First Patch Hero Attribute Adjustments
MichaelMayhem
nmarvel-ghostrider.png

GazillionLocation San Mateo, CA Staff
8:29PM
Hey all - just letting you know of the following Primary Attributes that will be changing immediately in the first update patch.

We wanted to get these in in earlier TC builds, but the timing was such that it was safer to wait until the first patch. Please keep these in mind when starting to reallocate your gear choices.

The following heroes Offensive Traits will been changed to what is listed below:

Black Panther - Fighting / Intelligence

Cable - Fighting / Energy

Jean Grey - Energy / Intelligence

Juggernaut - Durability / Strength

Kitty - Fighting / Intelligence

Psylocke - Fighting / Intelligence

Rocket - Fighting / Energy

She-Hulk - Durability / Strength

Squirrel Girl - Fighting / Speed

War Machine - Durability / Strength

Winter Soldier - Strength / Fighting

Last edited:

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Even the official forums are seeing descent, the game is literally the same thing but now all your heroes that felt good and did damage are underpowered and die even easier. Travel powers are gimped to hell for whatever reason they can think of. Maybe the 2nd half of the patch is the key to it feeling balanced but highly doubtful. 7 months for no real content and gameplay update that made the game just as bad as it was in beta.

Any other TLDRs from other players? Don't really want to download unless it's improved.

• 1Like

Ancallagon

survivability somewhere got gutted bad, or mobs just hit a metric ton harder. Kind of hard to really say, since they changed the scale of damage numbers.

My spider man, who wasn't BiS geared, but pretty darn well geared, could drop Cosmic Taskmaster in about 10 seconds yesterday. Today, takes about a minute (3 uses of sig), since I had to significantly change many pieces around to add defense/deflect/dodge in order to get him to live. Try to go in with a full offensive build, and would just get destroyed by any of Taskmasters attacks, it sucked.

I don't mind having to gear with some defense in mind, but it's a huge change around, and slows the game down quite a bit. <30s Task runs including travel time were great for Odin Mark farming, now 1.5m or so runs hurt that gearing.

I ended up swapping a defense medallion, full defense costume catalyst, and 2/4 artifacts for defensive ones. Went from sheet 34% damage reduction to 46%, and made a significant survivability difference.

The changes kind of seem like a significant bag of "why bother?" so far. The Omega to Infinity system could have been pretty good, but they fucked it up by forcing round robin allocation imo.

The best part so far seems to be the getting rid of power points. I like that, with the talents. But so much else seems to be half-baked at best.

My other best geared character was Scarlet Witch, and I'll tinker with her tomorrow and see what it's like. Also had a decently well geared Captain America and Kitty Pryde. I hear Squirrel Girl is quite powerful, I do have her at 60.

• 1Like

Djevel Innenfor

Golden Squire
I only got a bit of play in so far between server derpage. But by the vag of she-ra the movement changes feel fucking soul-crushingly awful. One of the best things was porting around on deadpool and goofing off, or rampaging around on hulk smashing shit.

Gone. Just.....fucking gone.

Charges on dashes and teleports? Nerfed speed and distance? I could see toning it down, or throwing one of those into the mix, but all of it? My god what a clusterfuck. Whoever thought this was a good idea is an idiot, and anyone that tested this and thought it was ok eats fucking glue.

RIP

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Seems like the community is pretty split on this. I'm trying to see the positives and I realize this whole "Biggest update ever" is at least a 2, maybe 3 part update because they haven't added in a few changes they had planned. I'm hoping after a damage tuning pass they will have things cleared up a bit, but personally I enjoy that the game slowed down and that mobs do damage. Shit was an AFK snoozefest before if you had halfway decent items and avoided big red areas on your screen.

Don't get me wrong though, we need to do more damage and mobs need to do less, but I don't want it to be like it used to be. TTK should be somewhere in between what it used to be and what it is now. Very few (if any???) successful ARPG games are as fast paced as MH and I think it needed to be dialed back a bit, but not this much.

• 1Like