Marvel Heroes 20xx

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Djevel Innenfor

Golden Squire
I've come back and played some more trying to see the positive. Even if I just ignore the movement speed stuff and try to be objective it's still a major headscratcher. I think I can reliably say around 50% of all the gear I had on characters is completely obsolete; not just uniques, but artifacts as well. A lot of mid and high tier arties are just shit now, and ones that I used to trash are great. Oh and all those challenge bonuses on gear I spent so much time on? Trash on most characters. That one stings a bit. Another headscratcher is removing unique exchanges for cash. My cash generation has slowed to a sad crawl and even with the other recipes being lowered in cost I can't keep up.

I understand them wanting to change fighting being The Only Stat That Matters but man. I wouldnt call myself hardcore into the game, but I spent some cash and had several characters red prestiged and pretty well geared. I had a decent hoard of loot and it's still a shitshow trying to regear some of my characters. Even when I get them up to a reasonable speed....they all just feel weak. Ignoring the higher chance of instagibs (usually just need to pay more attention) your overall output feels less. I'm ok with the numbers being smaller, but relatively speaking its just....feelsbadman.jpg

And in the end, all of this stuff they have done, the good, bad an the ugly....it STILL doesn't address the core thing everyone has wanted forever. More fucking content.

Maybe i'll try that SW spirit reduction build Ancallagon mentioned. Sounds lulzy, and may as well enjoy it before they decide to nerf it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ancallagon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Maybe i'll try that SW spirit reduction build Ancallagon mentioned. Sounds lulzy, and may as well enjoy it before they decide to nerf it.

It's absolutely lulzy and I'm going to abuse it until they nerf it. Went ahead and popped a bunch of boosts I had yesterday to maximize it (Odin's boost, winter boost, patrol boost, some other ones) and just been raking in everything possible. Have gotten enough uniques to reroll cybernetic affixes on about 20 pets to where they're all +3 of a random stat. Saving any uniques that have 100% rolls on stats, since those seem to be best options for many heroes now.

Yeah, there's not much great about it at the moment, but it's at least entertaining enough to keep me occupied for the moment. Other option is Diablo 3, and having gotten to where I can speed clear T13, and not feeling like I want to push grifts, I'm kind of capped out there again too. Not a huge gamer, play a few hours here or there on my days off, don't really play on work days at all. So this helps scratch the itch a bit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ancallagon

SW build getting gutted with Friday's patch looks like. Sledge hammer to fix a small issue.

Biggest problems with the build were the fact that you could insta-gib any non-boss constantly and without fear, and the fact that you could instantly teleport continuously as well while overloaded. So fix those two problems. Don't gut the ability to actually stay in overloaded state 100% of the time, as that made her an interesting mechanic and allowed her to kill bosses at a decent rate. It was a big trade off, have to gut your brutal strike dmg and chance in order to get enough cost reduction to stay at 100%, and even while overloaded your damage wasn't anything particularly special. My spiderman had similar kill times on bosses as my SW does.

Being able to get bounties without having to do any work other than press one button over and over was broken, absolutely. Being able to teleport travel like they didn't want (hence the entire movement system change) was "broken" too I suppose. The rest of the mechanics simply caused a build variation. Before I came across the 100% uptime build, I still found her to be enjoyable after the update and I had geared her up using full damage gear and she was fun. 100% uptime build simply was different and neat, but didn't change my boss kill time significantly I don't think.

Typical gaz sledgehammering. Ah well.

• 1Like

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Man...I'm having a harder and harder time even logging in my for Daily reward.

• 1Like

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Decided to finally grind out all the heroes to level 60 even though I've played for years and now I don't feel like grinding for gear. The day I logged in to finish the leveling I received a 90% coupon and bought the largest G pack, bought some pets, but otherwise I'm just waiting for some sales. Hopefully they release Omega gear soon, I think that'll help.

• 1Like

Maxnome

Molten Core Raider
Devs said they were in the planning stages of the Omega gear and said it was a ways off. Knowing Gaz it will be months before they get it in.

• 1Like

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Everyone is waiting on Omega gear but i have a hard time seeing that coming out well. Gaz over promises with every update and never deliver on their vision. Omega gear will be delayed for months and end up giving another +1 stat bonus or something minor in that ballpark.

• 1Like

Djevel Innenfor

Golden Squire
Well I enjoyed the scarlet witch build while it lasted. Totally OP but their fix was fucking stupid. Now overload gets chewed through so fast and the entire tier that buffs her sig in talents is ass. All they had to do was tweak the chaos effects of two abilities. Their "biggest update ever" and shit is so half done, and it's gonna be months potentially before the itemization even starts to get underway. Meanwhile they are tweaking shit hamfisted as fuck....and STILL no whispers of new content (not that I expect them to make any now), which is what everyone has wanted.

• 1Like

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Well this is interesting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Animation Improvements, Reponsiveness, & Animation Cancelling, Coming Soon!
MichaelMayhem
nmarvel-ghostrider.png

GazillionLocationSan Mateo, CAStaff
3:34AM
Greetings everyone!

Some of you may have noticed the hero updates slow down slightly this week, and though that was partially due to bug fixes, we've also taken some time out to resolve a long-standing friction point with almost all heroes - Animation Lock.

Shipping with the next patch, we have vastly opened up our Animation Cancelling feature, and have allowed most cooldown and non-spammable powers to be animation cancelled shortly after their 'contact time', or 'the point at which the power deals damage'. Powers can never be cancelled before the contact time, so you don't have to worry about cancelling out of a power before it hits.

Animation cancelling is performed automatically so long as you have queued a power, so you don't have to worry about precise timing of button presses - the cancelling will happen behind the scenes as long as you have queued up another power to activate. The most noticeable way to see this is when using a Dash power - Cooldown powers with long animations can now be cancelled by using a Dash power much faster than before, getting you out of harm's way sooner, ultimately making the game feel more responsive and giving you more control over your hero.

Here's an example: Captain America has a movie-inspired animation for his shield throwing powers, which has a bit of flourish time at the end as the shield leaves his hands - half a second, to be precise, from the time the shield leaves his hands to the time you regain control of Cap. Now, after the shield is in the air as a projectile, if another power has already been queued (or you activate another power manually), then that flourish at the end will blend seamlessly into the new power that has been activated. If you want to see the flourish, no worries - it will always play as long as you aren't telling the game via another key press that you want to do something else immediately. To help visualize this, here is a sample of the timeline before & after:

Before - 900 Millisecond Animation of a Non-Repeatable Power

|-Start------~450 MS------Contact Time-------~400 MS----Power Is Cancellable-~50 MS-End-|

After - 900 Millisecond Animation of a Non-Repeatable Power

|-Start------~450 MS------Contact Time-~50 MS-Power Is Cancellable----~400 MS------End-|

These cancel windows are meticulously manually placed, to ensure that no animation 'breaks' or looks awkward when cancelled. For example, Human Torch's Scorching Pyre has a very slightly longer than average cancel window, because he's up in the air during the contact time, and interrupting the animation at that point causes some visual hitches. We instead allow him to cancel when he's about halfway back to the ground.

Additionally, we took the time to analyze every single animation in the game regarding its lock time - how much time between the moment the power is activated to the moment the power deals damage. This time frame is always going to prevent further power activation and movement, since cancelling is only allowed after the power has dealt damage. Any animations that were found to be excessively long have been trimmed down, and some animations have been replaced entirely with new, crisper, more responsive animations.

In total, over 400 Hero Powers have been changed to better their responsiveness in this pass.

Question: Will this mean I need to execute these cancels in order to maximize DPS?!

Answer: Strictly technically speaking, yes. However - since the system accepts queued commands as instructions to cancel, most players won't change the physical button presses of a rotation. Almost all players queued the next power they wanted to use quite some time before they were allowed to use it, and the power queuing system simply took care of executing the power when it was able to do so. All of that is still true - the only difference is that those powers will be executed just a hair bit faster than before. If you are familiar with a particular rotation, you will not need to master new timings or make flawlessly timed key presses - the queuing system will still do the work for you, just like it did before.

We're excited to deliver this long-requested feature - it really does feel like a night & day difference regarding the responsiveness of the game. We expect it to be released towards the end of the month. Current expectations are that this will be available in Public TC next week, but as always, dates are subject to change.

• 1Like

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Anyone still playing this? I just picked it up a bit over the weekend, hit 60 on gambit been playing on difficult. But I'm not sure what to do? Was wondering if anyone wanted to group and do something?

Name is Begaro.

• 1Like

Argarth

On the verandah
Uninstall.

They took the nerf bat to the power level of the entire hero roster, effectively "adding" a new difficulty level @ zero creative cost to them. i.e. no new content to progress into, and no Omega weapons.

Done handily before the Console release, so those brand new players will not be any the wiser.

It's really the biggest kick in the balls to the established player base imaginable. Seriously, FUCK YOU Gazillion.

Yes, un-installing WAS the only sane choice.

• 1Like

Ancallagon

[Announcement] Infinity System 1.1b Update - Round Robin Removal and More

Getting rid of the round robin style of allocation for your infinity points - definitely a big plus. Getting rid of some of the useless nodes as well. Definitely good changes to this system coming.

Found Storm this last week to be a super fun and powerful character. Had never played her prior to update, but I know that she was high tier back then too from what I gather. Leveling to 60 now takes maybe 45 minutes at worst, so I leveled her, geared with the best of all I had, and she's pretty powerful - have no problems clearing any cosmic content, cleared the cosmic trial first shot very handily, and i'm not even super well geared out. Don't have a Fragment or Jinn, only ilvl 66 stuff, not even 1000 stack of relics. Currently have two 80 legendaries for her, swap between Bow and Shield for when needed. Even with shield she blows things up - bounty runs are very quick. Handily plowed through every cosmic terminal without a problem, died once to Ultron (standing in stuff bad) and Doom (but who doesn't now it seems).

• 1Like

Goatface

anyone still playing?

PS4 announced today, along with Xbone coming at some point later

How many heroes will be available at launch?

• 38 Heroes will be available at launch, including Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Storm, Deadpool, and more! Players can also collect hundreds of costumes and Heroes from their favorite Marvel Teams, including the X-Men, Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, and more. Iron Fist and War Machine will be exclusive to the Founder’s Pack for a 6-month period.
What modes will be available?

• Chapters 1-9: Take the fight to Doctor Doom and the trickster god Loki in our fantastic nine-chapter story campaign.
  • Operations: In just a matter of minutes you and a group of friends can defeat super villains and foil their schemes.
  • Midtown Patrol: Defend Midtown Manhattan from the unrelenting onslaught of villains and their minions.
  • Danger Room: Enter the famous X-Men training simulator, featuring randomized missions, bosses, and hazards.
  • Legendary Missions: Once you’ve completed the story you have access to missions to acquire Legendary Marks of Odin which allows you to purchase Legendary Items.
  • Heroic, Superheroic and Cosmic trials: To get the best loot, you have to play on the harder difficulties. These trials make sure that you are truly ready to tackle those challenges.

• 1Like

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Iron Fist and War Machine will be exclusive to the Founder’s Pack for a 6-month period.

Thats quite a spit in the face of console players given that these are all out on PC. Also a hefty laugh at them using trials as an example of modes.

The tears on the forums almost make the death of this game worthwhile though.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hilarious how anally blasted the hardcore Gaz apololgists are with the port and that the PC would be kept separate after being gutted and gimped into the current abomination. Even funnier is that Gaz is already terrible at patching now they have to manage two separate builds, can't wait to see the PS4 player tears when they have a patch that breaks 8 things after fixing 2.

• 1Like

Kanglor

Going to console seemed like a smart move to me, especially as DC Online has been carried by the Playstation population for a long time now. Course I assumed(silly me) that it would be the same version of the game, the idea of them maintaining different builds with their track record is mind boggling.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It is very likely they didn't have the talent on staff necessary to keep one build for both PC and console.

When you're talking about code launch it is almost always easier to just branch to multiple versions at release than creating code that will work for multiple user types/systems. Way easier.

In the end it becomes a maintenance nightmare and is much worse over the course of the product's life but we're talking about Gazillion. They wanted to launch to make money now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users