anything new happen?

how many people work (worked) at Gaz?
seems like would be less the 25 or so

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
anything new happen?

how many people work (worked) at Gaz?
seems like would be less the 25 or so

No news yet, still a communications blackout other than 1 post.

Hi All,

Unfortunately, we don't have any news we can share this week, but we wanted to let you know that we're still here and will be sure to let you know when we have an update. We hope to have an announcement soon.

Thanks so much!

Goatface

apparently some took a pic of their office
"Hey All, we're still here, and appreciate the passion of the community and hope to have news soon. But please note our office is not open to the public and we cannot entertain unapproved, unscheduled visitors. Encouraging IRL surveillance on workers and the company of course won't be tolerated. We have wonderful employees here who we want to make sure feel safe as they continue to work."

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
apparently some took a pic of their office

They gave out a perma ban for the guy who did a joke giveaway asking for a picture of their front door and removed his thread rather than just locking it. But you know ... internet.

Giveaway - Dost thou wish to live deliciously? - Page 3 — Marvel Hero…

a3c0db7ee3a6a2ddbb9f62b3c7cc1209f33ddeda

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Newest news is that Doomsaw came back and bombed the general discussion forums. He posted 4-5 topics and unbanned the guy from the post above this. Seems like noones around anymore to stop him.

Last edited:

Khane

Got something right about marriage
That's a shame. The game was really fun and great for what it was for a long while. I remember a lot of speculation about Brevik leaving and it all circulated around him being a narcissist if I remember right. At least that's what the community forums would lead you to believe. Sounds like the truth was he just didn't want to work with scumbags and shitheads.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Unfortunate as it was a very good Diablo-style game with a lot of variety to the different characters. I feel bad for the people who got the console versions as those haven't been around very long.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah that's sad, it was fun for what it was. I enjoyed it quite a bit, although I haven't in about a year or so.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wonder if Sony/Microsoft will go after Gaz now since they were still selling stuff, I imagine it's a legal mess right now. I kind of hope someone does an actual in depth story on this whole thing, I can't think of a more dramatic story about the business and bad hiring policies. Seems like for every good person they had on the project their were a bunch of Asros's fucking everything.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Damn this is sad especially with the upcoming release of Infinity Wars movie. Would of liked to see an Infinity type raid added to the game with Thanos being the final boss.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Bummer. Shitty end to a solid game. I guess time will tell but my guess is that there some epic fuck ups by execs and Disney had no choice but to pull the plug.

Edit: Fuck me. I just read the last page, and my guess is way off. Byr Byr that's way worse than I expected.

Last edited:

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Game hit it's peak like three years ago and has been bleeding out slowly ever since. I give Brevik/Doomsaw/whoever else credit with turning the game around from it's dumpster fire start, but they are also responsible for the many half ass ideas, bad decisions and just lack of direction. They didn't get shit canned and take half the employees down with them cause the game was doing amazing, it was already limping along at that point. Granted what came later wasn't any better, but think they were trying a few hail mary plays with the BUE and console, but the entire game is just too flawed.

Think the CEO shitstorm was the final nail and gave Disney/Marvel the justification they needed to finally pull the plug.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Damn, I enjoyed the console version even though it wasn't up to par with the PC version. Feel bad for whoever spent money on it recently. Is there a date when the plug is pulled or did it happen already?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Damn this is sad especially with the upcoming release of Infinity Wars movie. Would of liked to see an Infinity type raid added to the game with Thanos being the final boss.

Instead now maybe we'll see a series of Ultimate Alliance style games. I liked this game and spent a decent amount of money on it by I was pushed away by poor performance and the shared inventory overflowing with f2p tokens and mechanics.

Sad to see it go, but I'm not.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Damn, I enjoyed the console version even though it wasn't up to par with the PC version. Feel bad for whoever spent money on it recently. Is there a date when the plug is pulled or did it happen already?

Dec 31st. Sometime between now and then theyll be making everything in the game free.

Rumor is that Disney asked to buy the assets from Gaz but Gaz said no.

In other news, Disney filed a breach of contract which shut the entire thing down. Itll be viewable tommorow

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Dec 31st. Sometime between now and then theyll be making everything in the game free.

Rumor is that Disney asked to buy the assets from Gaz but Gaz said no.

In other news, Disney filed a breach of contract which shut the entire thing down. Itll be viewable tommorow

Gaz gonna Gaz till they are pulled apart into nothing, here's hoping they close down within the year.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gaz gonna Gaz till they are pulled apart into nothing, here's hoping they close down within the year.

Think I posted a report from a guy who works on the Gaz file that they were pretty deep in the hole. Its likely theyll shut down sooner rather than later.