Marvel Heroes 20xx

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Maxnome

Molten Core Raider
Most of the stuff added in 2016 came at the beginning of the year, Ch 10, Ultron term, Skrull term. I'm assuming all that was from the previous team of devs before they left. Under the new management we got a recycled Ultron term for the Dr Strange event and the Luke cage event. New devs decided that raids weren't the direction they were going in and canceled the Thanos one. Putting ArtofRawr and Asros Hakonnen as major decision makers was a terrible idea. No new content and like 5 heroes from like Feb of last year to now.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Goatface

ps4 got local "offline" co-op, but apparently only uses heroes from 1 account.
Cyclops xp synergy removed
what i understand xp bonus for characters at level 60 has also been removed
edit
seems it still there, but maybe reduced, it is +10% for 1st 60

also, there is no 175 random splinter box in beta

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Most of the stuff added in 2016 came at the beginning of the year, Ch 10, Ultron term, Skrull term. I'm assuming all that was from the previous team of devs before they left. Under the new management we got a recycled Ultron term for the Dr Strange event and the Luke cage event. New devs decided that raids weren't the direction they were going in and canceled the Thanos one. Putting ArtofRawr and Asros Hakonnen as major decision makers was a terrible idea. No new content and like 5 heroes from like Feb of last year to now.

The lack of new content is what made me stop playing.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The closed beta is now on and so I thought "eh maybe" and looked to see what sort of 'founder's packs' were available. The pricepoint is pretty grim for anything but the Deadpool or WarMachine packs and I don't have a heck of a lot of interest in either character. It wasn't immediately clear how readily accessible the other characters were so I did not go through with the impulse buy.

• 1Like

Goatface

i think this is just laughable
inventory 40 slots, max 90
upgrades 200g for 5 slots
stash appears to 50 slots
another 50 is 1000g

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone who spends money on this game anymore is everything that's wrong with the game. It's very clear they are going full on mobile game "fuck you" rates for anything. They haven't even updated on the omega uniques that were meant as part of the balancing from the "Biggest Fuck Up"date.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Maxnome

Molten Core Raider
Its funny that they are in beta for Marvel Heroes Omega on the PS4 and they don't even have the omega items anywhere near finished. Still waiting on the boss rework blog too that they "forgot" about then tried to say that it was never planned until they got quoted on it. Devs are now trying to say that the BUE is done and the rest of the stuff they are working on was never going to be part of it. This has been a giant half assed mess.
They are just trying to grab as much cash as they can before Marvel pulls the plug on them

• 1Like

Argarth

On the verandah
Its funny that they are in beta for Marvel Heroes Omega on the PS4 and they don't even have the omega items anywhere near finished. Still waiting on the boss rework blog too that they "forgot" about then tried to say that it was never planned until they got quoted on it. Devs are now trying to say that the BUE is done and the rest of the stuff they are working on was never going to be part of it. This has been a giant half assed mess.

Agree it's a mess, and I rage-quit in disgust, and even un-installed the game. So there!

However, after cooling off, I thought perhaps I can find a way to accommodate the changes and still have some fun while waiting for them to "finish" (if they ever do). Being bored to tears with D3, PoE, etc, and finding WoW to have morphed into something I no longer recognize, hasn't helped my resolve. :p

Thing is I've always enjoyed the frenetic, over the top patrol farming beat-downs in particular, love the always populated hubs, and the in-game community/chat is refreshingly friendly and helpful.

So, playing again, and have managed to find a handful of heroes that are really strong after the BUE, and also really fun to play. Had to bench a couple of my old favourites; Cap in particular is just a shadow of his former self (major contributor to the rage-quit), and there are many others that are in the same boat to some degree.

But for now, back to logging in and having a blast. Hopefully they make a ton of money from the console release, and a year from now this PR disaster will be just a memory. But hey, you just never know with Gaz!

• 1Like

Goatface

A Letter from the Creative Director - PC Content Timeline for Marvel Heroes 2016

shorter notes....
May - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2-themed costumes for Star Lord and Rocket Raccoon, Gamora & Drax movie teamups, and an awesome movie-inspired Groot pet!
June - Anniversary gifts, a new danger room tileset with a new boss fight using an up-leveled version of an existing foe
July - A new Daily Bugle Terminal with a brand new boss fight
Late July - Carnage playable
September - Apocalypse Terminal
November - Thor-related playable content, most likely a new terminal facing down the powerful Hela
Late November - Odinson (Unworthy Thor) playable

X-Def and Holo-Sim are likely to get reworks in 2018
no plans to work the existing PVP mode

• 1Like

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Most of that seems highly unlikely, also lul at X-Def and Holo-Sim in 2018, wasn't it supposed to be late 2016 then 2017.....

• 1Like

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Terminals...and new items(Omega) to run lame ass terminals, that's their plan. Glancing over the thread, way more people bitching about the 2 new heroes instead of how stupid it is they aren't revamping Danger Room/X-Defense or adding some type of new game mode. Yeah, those people deserve the shitty game they are playing.

• 1Like

Goatface

i can not believe how much they are cutting out of the game for consoles while upping prices
and people still stand up for them.

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
If you have all the heroes unlocked on the PC will you also have them unlocked on the console version?

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I am currently putting hours into the PS4 version, it is OK. Not going to spend any money on it until they do a sale or drop prices on things like inventory slots. As is I rarely pick up anything because 40 slots between gear and materials is a joke and is mildly upsetting.

• 1Like

Argarth

On the verandah
Anniversary patch going in right now. Servers back up in about 3 hours.

Looking forward to it honestly, and will likely put in some serious grinding sessions for at least a week or two.

Will be good to see the hubs and patrols teeming with people again.

• 1Like