Marvel Heroes 20xx

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
so for someone who hasnt played in 4-5 months, what do i need to know going in? did the item/stat review ever go in? raids? what are one offs? are they worthwhile for anything?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The attribute review is live, the first portion of the item review is live which added more damage, and a damage range to weapons and defense and such and changed cores a bit. Raids should be on the test center this coming week or next, one offs are just story driven terminals with objectives to complete that you can't "skip" and just rush the boss. The vibranium one off was very worth it because man ape (the last boss) was almost guaranteed to drop a unique for a while, but I think they nerfed that this last patch.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I have a level 60 X-gene with 3000/100 and invulnerable on medkit. Should I give it to Nightcrawler or Psylocke?

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
can you not mouse over items in the chat window if your in window mode or something? i cant see the stat window for them at all.

Emotiv

Silver Squire
My strategy of keeping a second account for rewards is finally panning out with these free daily Odin marks

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
I was in a midtown that kept raining yellow sentinels at one spot, back to back, but I got bored and left. Not a single event item dropped.

Khane

I haven't gotten a single event item off of any blue or yellow sentinals anywhere. The only one I got was off a mega sentinel in Midtown, that's it.

This dev team is very vocal and pushes a ton of content but lately this shit is so buggy it's stupid.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
A Twitch Admin is getting viewer botted while playing Marvel Heroes so he has 12000-15000 viewers.. Doomsaw is answering tons of questions in chat.

Mahvel Heroes

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
A Twitch Admin is getting viewer botted while playing Marvel Heroes so he has 12000-15000 viewers.. Doomsaw is answering tons of questions in chat.

Mahvel Heroes
Thanks for linking. I told Doomsaw to up Wolverines signature animation speed to Moon Knight levels. Hopefully he listens.

I have gotten lucky with any hero uniques so I made an invulnerable Psylocke. Cosmic Jugg medallion, Advanced Wicked Wand of Watoomb, Soulsword, 3000/100 and invuln on medkit, and the shield belt that procs invisible. Combined with he shadow clone thing she is hard to damage, let alone kill

Khane

Looks like mini review for Wolvie coming tonight. Some pretty decent changes from the look of it.

Khane

Oh I was under the impression it was getting patched in during the downtime at 2 am

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Sounds like theyre gearing up hard for big things for the anniversary. First time I've seen them say they're taking down the servers to actually improve the hardware.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Everyone is assuming a surprise hero for the 1 year thing. Hopefully it is Dr. Doom.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
so for someone who hasnt played in 4-5 months, what do i need to know going in? did the item/stat review ever go in? raids? what are one offs? are they worthwhile for anything?
Wondering this myself. I played the first couple of weeks and honestly it just felt a little generic and D3 was on an upswing for me. Pretty well ran D3 to death with the expansion in addition no sign of ladders (to my knowledge), and i'll be honest. Watching all these comic book movies has me interested... Curse this marketing.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Wondering this myself. I played the first couple of weeks and honestly it just felt a little generic and D3 was on an upswing for me. Pretty well ran D3 to death with the expansion in addition no sign of ladders (to my knowledge), and i'll be honest. Watching all these comic book movies has me interested... Curse this marketing.
Pretty much everything has changed. Really its hard to say all the changes because other than being an ARTS, all of the systems have changed since release. The turnaround for this game is huge, it would be like if EA/Origin suddenly became Valve/Steam.

Just a really quick rundown and some advice. They have updated nearly everything.. early, mid, and endgame. Multiple ways to level instead of just story, tons of different types of item slots to farm for, account wide bonuses including synergy skill and xp bonuses for just leveling heroes that affects every hero on your account. They have reviewed nearly every hero in the game while adding new heroes. Played a really bland hero when the game first released? Its probably not bland anymore.. except maybe Thing.

Tips - Pick a hero, level in midtown to 20, do legendary quests, ez lvls to 60. Doing the storyline on a fresh account can net you tons of eternity splinters (game currency) that allow you to buy heroes. You can download the test center (which is a lot of GB worth just fyi) and you can test new heroes for free before you get them. Not sure if the test center servers are always up tho.

Here is my steam review a few months ago and it still holds up now -

Very fun game. I had a lot of hate for the game at at release, but there has been a lot of work put into this game. Constant updates even through holidays.

Pros:

-Heroes play differently for the most part for a unique experience.
-Constant balancing and updates to content, including endgame, pvp, and quality of life fixes.
-Great story with more being added and having that Marvel signature stamped on it.
-You can earn new heroes in game and there are sales often.

Cons:

-Free to play game, but pricey.. everything is pricey. The game is addicting and you will want to spend money.
-Can be a bit grindy, hopefully there will be an update to address this, but currently as of Jan 2014 there is a grind. The game helps compensate for this with bonus EXP and what not, but it still is grindy.
As for my cons, the store has always been pricey. I would wait for deals before ever buying anything. They usually release packs or Buy One get One Free deals. Take advantage of those if you ever plan to spend money.

As for grindy, I still stand by that. Maybe it wouldn't feel so grindy if I had friends to play with all the time but the game at the moment is not party friendly.