Marvel Heroes 20xx

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I managed to get a key and got Moon Knight, which it looks like he's middle of the pack dps wise? Is he decent to level?
MK is pretty fun and he still smashes bosses pretty hard in the face. I have had no problems leveling him up quickly.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Checked my spam folder, no go. I had to do it from my phone which I guess might have caused issues.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
MK is pretty fun and he still smashes bosses pretty hard in the face. I have had no problems leveling him up quickly.
Sounds good. What's the most efficient way to level up? I don't really have many bonuses (this isn't a new account but the highest leveled character I have is only 38).

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I tended to do a lot of midtown madness and x defense when I was leveling him up. He is best at anything with lots of bosses as that is where he really shines.

RoyalAssassin

Molten Core Raider
Sounds good. What's the most efficient way to level up? I don't really have many bonuses (this isn't a new account but the highest leveled character I have is only 38).
The best way to level up is LQ. If you have a really good partner for Holosim you can do better, but without one definitely LQs.

Khane

For the rest of this week Midtown Madness is running and that probably beats LQs with the XP from boxes. Plus you'll get the added bonus of getting a ton of uniques.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
LQs are still faster, but it's nice getting a character geared out in uniques, especially if you're prestiging them. What I normally do is run LQs between the 15 minute fortune card timers.

Also, MM is probably ending tomorrow around midday.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Spent about half a million credits since saturday rerolling LQ to be in midtown to take advantage of Midtown Madness and LQ at the same time.

Managed to level Iceman and Psylocke to 60 and in full Unique 60 gear.

Not sure which to do next.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Bought a bunch of mark 1s this morning and paused to reflect on what terrible luck I've had with them. Of the couple hundred I've opened by now, I've only had 6 epics. Of those 6, 1 was a costume. The other 5 were 2 old lace pets and 3 bovine sector recipes.

Khane

I'm still convinced the first character you level when you begin playing, or start playing again after an extended period of time away has a leveling bonus applied.

When I started playing again I leveled up Thor and not only did it seem like he got more exp per kill/xp bubble but my LQs in Midtown were automatically being completed without even being in a group. I was getting kill credit for anything anyone else in the zone was killing whether I was close or not. And this happened in every MM I went into. Not sure what was going on there. Got him from 20 to 60 in about 2 hours with no boosts.

Hulk took me about 3-3.5. Surfer took even longer. And the MM "bug" with LQs seemed to have gone away after I got Thor to 60 and switched heroes.

Rathgar_sl

shitlord
Just curious, which hero do people here like for ranged. I asked in /social chat and a few people said Cyclops. Is he good now, I remember back when he really sucked. I've been wanting a good ranged hero because I hate chasing around the moving mobs with melee, but I don't like the style of putting ground effects down (like Storms Crashing Hail/Lightning Storm or Human Torch Scorching Pyre) because mobs just move out of it. Is Cyclops reliant on ground effects?

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
614Tklb.png

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Doop wave is gone, nobody liked it.

Cyclops is now the strongest ranged hero in the game. Jean, Storm, Magneto, and ranged Rogue builds are also very strong. Dr Strange belongs on the list, but he's an awkward hero that requires you to you two action bars to get his top damage.

Khane

I guess now that you can unbind medallions it's kind of a moot point.

Don't forget Iceman and Punisher for ranged heroes.

Punisher apparently has 20s TTKs on the dummy with a headshot spam build (if you can get enough Cooldown and Spirit reduction)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah Punisher belongs up there, Iceman is a bit closer to the middle of the pack like Iron Man is. Solo dummy ttks are very misleading, that's why Hulk has a 17 second ttk. They're trying to establish the new standard with a 3 man dummy ttk, so it's actually a measure of sustained dps instead of burst. On a 3 man dummy, Hulk drops out of first place and ends up about on par with Venom, which is still a very respectable ttk.

Also, the recipe to unbind medallions is 200 cube shards, so I haven't bought it. That's 20 mark 1s worth of shards.

Khane

Yeah Punisher belongs up there, Iceman is a bit closer to the middle of the pack like Iron Man is. Solo dummy ttks are very misleading, that's why Hulk has a 17 second ttk. They're trying to establish the new standard with a 3 man dummy ttk, so it's actually a measure of sustained dps instead of burst. On a 3 man dummy, Hulk drops out of first place and ends up about on par with Venom, which is still a very respectable ttk.

Also, the recipe to unbind medallions is 200 cube shards, so I haven't bought it. That's 20 mark 1s worth of shards.
I think Punisher's 20s TTK was a 3 man. He was brutal striking with headshot for 7 million over and over again.

Hulk is just unfair. He gets bonus damage when he's "VERY ANGRY" aka max Anger and none of his skills expend anger, they all only build anger. I mean, he's fun as shit because of it but it isn't exactly balanced vs all the other heroes who have to actually spend their secondary resource.