Marvel Heroes 20xx

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Man that's terrible. I really hope those guys gets back in their feet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Does this actually top Vanguard's level of fail training and implosion? Is their a new king?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd be happy if both Doomsaw and Dohrman were drug out into the street and shot.

• 1Barf

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
[12:40 AM] MichaelMayhem: so... when you build a 'new' game with an existing one below it with 3+ years of players, everything's a lot harder to build. You have to take into consideration what every single action you do is going to affect a player's Live accounts. What happens if you change this item, delete this power, delete this item, delete this entire map/story mission

[12:40 AM] MichaelMayhem: And... something happened... that made us kinda not care about that for awhile.

[12:41 AM] MichaelMayhem: So we started taking an axe to things. And then we needed to undo all that, and that turned out to be a nightmare.

[12:41 AM] Zurick: Basically people were kind of wrong about the PC contract and it had already expired. We were renegotiating it while creating the console version and basically this axe almost came to PC about 6 months ago

[12:41 AM] Zurick: So when we thought for sure we were going to be closingn the PC version

[12:42 AM] Zurick: we started to blow up those systems to improve them for console

[12:42 AM] Zurick: We were about 3 days from informing you guys about the wind down on PC when it was renewed

[12:43 AM] MichaelMayhem: it was a sudden "it's saaaaved!", and while most of the office was celebrating... I knew what damage we'd done. I knew there was no going back.

some interesting discord conversation.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So, as someone who doesn't have a twitter account how do I go about getting more than just a "Loading tweet" link that when clicked does nothing?

Can just make a twitter account with some throwaway gmail account or whatever. I mean I have a twitter account I never used other than some raffle shit. Same for Facebook, have a Facebook account only for promotions or whatever that require facebook. I don't use either, but why not make an account, shit's free and it doesn't really link to anything if you don't link it to your main email/have your real info on it.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
So, as someone who doesn't have a twitter account how do I go about getting more than just a "Loading tweet" link that when clicked does nothing?

I right-click and open in new tab, works for me in Chrome, and don't have a twatter account.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Amt: i knew the week of a release what stats i wanted

Zurick: haha me too

Amt: so i leave an affix out and tune them down 25%

Amt: everyone complains on tx

Amt: tc

Amt: i add what they were gonna get anyways

Amt: and feel they played a big part in that item

Amathua ladies and gentlemen.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider

Kudos to Blizzard and their PR team for this move. Regardless if anything comes of it, it's a great gesture and something these folks probably would like to have on their minds instead of their sudden loss of employment.

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Amathua ladies and gentlemen.

Amth is a riot...some of the stories he'd tell us in Mumble about the messages he got from players would almost make my head explode. I know in total pop other games have more, but I believe MH had the highest ratio of bad players and/or just outright idiots of any game I've played. Guy worked his ass off, and did a lot of stuff outside of just building items.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Kudos to Blizzard and their PR team for this move. Regardless if anything comes of it, it's a great gesture and something these folks probably would like to have on their minds instead of their sudden loss of employment.

I don't see how "hey, go apply for a job at our website!" is a great gesture.

• 1Picard

Goatface

someone brought this up on reddit
Don't fret about Deadpool leaving Steam: Gazillion's Marvel Heroes license lasts 10 years
doomsaw replied
"The team had a 10-year plan for content we wanted to add, but the Marvel contract had to be renewed every few years. I think the writer of that article confused the two things. Nobody has a 10 year contract with any license holder."

--
seems like they made a lot of statements about having the rights for more than a "few years"

don't believe they had a 10 year plan either

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So 17 or so hours after the take down date the game is still up. Just Gaz things.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm curious why they would have refused to sell the game to Disney in the first place.

*edit*

Maybe it would have revealed more breach of contract stuff lol

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
is this game like gone? i was itching to play some mindless grinding arpg and i cant find a single download link?