Marvel Heroes 20xx

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Raes

Vyemm Raider
As Gavin said, the game was fairly popular and definitely had the playerbase to fund additional development. They lost some developers and started making some truly terrible design decisions, lost Brevik, Marvel saw the writing on the wall and pulled the license, and that was the end.

I had like 1200+ hours into this game, which is A LOT for someone like me.

AKKshooULLy, it was a bit more to do with the weirdo CEO like, harassing his female employees or something. There are articles that go into detail, if you care enough to google it.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
That happened after Brevik left and the dev decisions went off the rails

Argarth

On the verandah
Second only to WoW for number of hours played, and third isn't really close. Still miss the game. Damnit, I'd go back in a heartbeat.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
The fuck is this? Reopening old wounds, damn it. I work with a MS guy who worked at Trion with great stories. I have this game to thank for my spending control in any game these days, as I added up what I spent and was awed what I had spent starting with the first drop of heroes to xp bonuses to costumes. As soon as I spent a little extra in Tower of Fantasy it went out the window; Gatcha games are just built for that and I have already burned all of that money of MH.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider

Looks like there's finally a chance we get a private server for this at some point.

• 14Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 15 users

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am going to take a look at the Discord and maybe install from Steam this weekend.

Just be aware that last I checked it's still largely a work in progress, not a playable game state. I believe they were looking for serverside data if anyone had it or something.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I never played this game hardcore, but I really enjoyed it when I'd go back to it for a couple weeks every few years.

I was genuinely surprised and sad to see it fade away and if a reasonable clone can get off the ground I'd definitely play it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah i enjoyed it too, but there came a point where i couldn't play it anymore. coming back after some time away was filled with so much bloat. tons of crap to collect, effects all over the screen in any kind of mildly populated area, i assume from cosmetics, but i honestly can't remember anymore. were cosmetics a thing in this game?

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
yeah i enjoyed it too, but there came a point where i couldn't play it anymore. coming back after some time away was filled with so much bloat. tons of crap to collect, effects all over the screen in any kind of mildly populated area, i assume from cosmetics, but i honestly can't remember anymore. were cosmetics a thing in this game?
Don't think they had cosmetics for skills, only skins for characters. Not sure though.

This game for me was always a really fun thing when I wanted to kill a bunch of stuff as some of my favorite heroes and overtime they had a bunch.
Loved zooming around as silver surfer or blasting people as starlord, really any hero had a really cool representation in game.
Got to check out that emulator some time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Don't think they had cosmetics for skills, only skins for characters. Not sure though.

This game for me was always a really fun thing when I wanted to kill a bunch of stuff as some of my favorite heroes and overtime they had a bunch.
Loved zooming around as silver surfer or blasting people as starlord, really any hero had a really cool representation in game.
Got to check out that emulator some time.
Yeah it was forever ago so I don't remember what it was specifically, just that I felt like if you didn't play all the time, the barrier to entry became too great on top of just a ton of things going on onscreen that it all became white noise

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This game never had system bloat. You had your class skills and the omega system and that was pretty much it. Gearing was also very simple.

I don't remember there being a ton of screen clutter either.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

This game never had system bloat. You had your class skills and the omega system and that was pretty much it. Gearing was also very simple.

I don't remember there being a ton of screen clutter either.
screen clutter could just be due to lots of players on screen at the same time doing their thing. and gearing may have been simple, i legitimately don't remember, i just remember coming back after a year or two and each time there'd be tons of new currencies or whatever it was. even if it was an easy process, it still felt like a looming uphill battle. i assume that if you played regularly you wouldn't even notice. it was strictly from coming back after a long break

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
You might be remembering the screen covering loot explosions you'd get.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users