Marvel Heroes 20xx

MossyBank

N00b
If the raids are really good, it could attract more player base I think. I'm pretty excited for the Everquest/Borderlands hybrid character advancement system as well.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm betting they will end up like City of Heroes raids. A giant facerolling clusterfuck with no real organization.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
so did anyone buy that founder's edition?
Wish I did. I bought the advance pack and a few other things on sale.. probably spent around $200 by now. I have most of the characters and some Gs saved up for sales still.

Honestly though if you bought the founder pack you either had nothing else to buy/excess cash or you're a terrible judge of games. When this game came out it was complete trash. The devs have turned this around better than any other game I've seen.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I bought the Founder's Pack when it came out. I play the game on and off. I love it but in short burst. I have like 7-8 level 60, and about 20 at level 30ish or so.

I also bought the last pack for the heroes coming out this year.

I still have Gs from launch when they gave us a bunch of it for all the problems they had at launch, essentially didnt get the early start because it was full of problems, I think they gave us like 6-8K Gs.

I have no regret so far, I enjoy the game when I play it, having access to all heroes is definitely nice for someone like me who is an altaholic,
smile.png

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Everything in the cash shop is pretty ridiculously overpriced. Why the fuck should I be paying LoL prices for heroes when the only thing to do with those heroes is level them up.

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah the Ultimate Pack would be a steal now, but back then after playing in beta I felt bad even buying the Premium Pack I got. Sort of agree with the not much to do, as currently once I level/gear up a hero I move on to the next one except a few I use for farming(Loki/Nightcrawler). I think Raids and the new AA system should help, but I just view same as I do regular MMOs, unless you're doing hardcore raiding it's only a matter of time before you cap out.

Kanglor

Until recently I was using the standard Sorcery build(UP/Bouncing/LayWaste), but I recently changed up to the Jotun/Sorc setup. There's a good guide on his forum, Laufey's Legacy is the name, though to maximize it you'll want Darkhold and Cerebro Any Hero Uniques, but you can easily get by without them. Either build will work, I just got tired of Lay Waste, it's a good idea but it's stuck with that shitty 'Base Damage' tag for the bonus.

You can tinker with points in a couple abilities, I ended up splitting points tween Enemy of my Enemy and Arcane Shield, as I wanted a bit more defensive utility.

Kanglor

Lot of pretty good changes, though will have to see some of the actual numbers on item changes(artifacts/medals/relics/etc) to see if it will really shake up what are considered the 'best' handful that almost everyone uses. Also a bit meh on the 25% Core change, just making it a flat 3000 feels weak, and seems to just punish people who bothered to build some health instead of more offensive stats. Hopefully the new LoH affix for them will make up for it, depending on the internal cooldown.

Pyms Shrink nerf also makes me a bit sad, probably still have to use it on my Nightcrawler, but it's now ever worse in group situations when I wouldn't get many dodge procs to begin with.

His comments about future stuff definitely nice, looks like end of May into June will be loaded, AA, Raid, and One-Shot zone. Also nice they can automate the Odin Bounty system, good being able to farm different stuff through the day with bonuses.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
These notes basically have me shelving D3 for now. Ridiculous how much content/bug fixing they can push every week or two but other games don't do jack shit in months.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So you can turn Costume Cores into Beast for easter eggs now?

Man... every time I start to get a little bored of this game they add a bunch of new shit that keeps me playing.

Rathgar_sl

shitlord
I'm very sad for the 25% costume core nerf, in my opinion, it was the best core. I don't understand why they just didn't lower it to 20% or something, flat numbers are bad in a game that's always evolving. Maybe it will still be good, but the life on hit will give it a run for it's money.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well they are slowly fixing the problems with their current itemization and they rarely nerf stuff but when they do it's so over the top and irrational that it's mind boggling. I mean this nerf makes that core attribute almost completely worthless. 3000 hp is nothing when you are getting hit for 8-9k because you simply can't currently stack enough defenses to mitigate damage appropriately. The diminishing returns need to go and the attribute changes should help this a little and it's nice the life on hit cores are making a return and they just double the life on hit on Excalibur which is good but seriously, unless you run a character like Ms. Marvel who gets % damage reduction from skills you just cannot get tanky through items. Not even a little bit. You have to stack invulnerability procs and hope they work at the right times.

RipNRage_sl

shitlord
umm this part of the post is my favorite...

Big Ten Weekend

You voted for your favorite 10 in game events from the last 10 months, so we're bringing them back this weekend, all at once.

The ten events for this weekend are: . Easter basket & Easter Egg Hunt (We'll just keep this running through the next patch and Beast will remain)

. Don't Fear the Reaper Event (live tuning scheduled buffs)

. Christmas Gifts (Every Day on Login)

. Buy-One, Get-One for Heroes

. Fortune Favors You (free Fortune Card each day and special Fortune Card bundle in store)

. Pot of Gold (with St. Patrick's Day loot items)

. Valentine's Day (with Cupid's Arrows and other drops)

. More Cowbell!

. Chinese New Year (Fireworks Launcher and Daily Red Envelopes)

. Australia Day (Aussie Flags, Koalas, Pyro mega-buff)

To top thinigs off, we'll also be boosting SIF, RIF and Exp along with Plays with the Devs