1. So I have finally brought a new discord online and brought all the other ones to it. Guest please join us there for chat!

Once you click chat and join the sever you can link your Discord to the forum and get all the permissions you have here. Click here to link accounts.

Dismiss Notice
  2. So we want to start branching out to Twitch and YouTube and get the community out there.

If you have a Twitch stream or YouTube and want to get involved message suineg
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel Netflix: Luke Cage

Discussion in 'TV House' started by Shonuff, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Shonuff Well-Known Member

Shonuff
    Ratings:
    +269
    Rating: 4.50/5 - 4 Votes
  2. Croetec Well-Known Member

Croetec
    Ratings:
    +414
    Think this is Marvel's hardest nut to crack, Luke's kind of a boring character unless he's in a supporting role. If they use his series to start tying Daredevil and Jessica Jones together along with using 80's/90's New York hip hop aesthetic of stuff like Nas/Mobb Deep/Mos Def/Wu-tang/Rakim think they might have something, other then that not sure how to make him terribly interesting especially since he's not Dad Cage yet with Jessica.

3. Shonuff Well-Known Member

Shonuff
    Ratings:
    +269
    Jessica Jones was Marvel's toughest nut to crack. I've read comics my whole life, and I could barely remember her. At least Power Man has had his time in the light. He's an Avenger.

4. SUPER DONOR

Oblio
    Ratings:
    +1,042
    How could they do 80's/90's? Wasn't Jessica Jones Season 1 set in modern day? I seem to recall smart phones in a lot of scenes.

5. Chanur Man With No Name
    SUPER DONOR

Chanur
    Ratings:
    +3,044
    It was also post Avengers.

6. Croetec Well-Known Member

Croetec
    Ratings:
    +414
    Just aesthetically, urban noir with 90's hip hop over top of it not set in the 90's. Jessica still had an interesting back story for her character while Luke is just a very normal guy with a set of generic superhero abilities, he's always been more interesting when he's paired up with Jessica, Danny or Misty. I'll give Marvel the benefit of the doubt as they haven't gone wrong yet with a character, I just find Luke to be incredibly boring.

7. Croetec Well-Known Member

Croetec
    Ratings:
    +414
    Luke Cage will Marvel's "The Wire"

?I mean, it?s got a ?90s hip-hop vibe, but it?s really forward-thinking. " Aw yissss called that shit. Will be interesting to see how well this plays out.

8. The Ancient_sl shitlord

The Ancient_sl
    Ratings:
    +4
    They did a really good casting job with Luke Cage. Captain America good.

9. kaid Well-Known Member

kaid
    Ratings:
    +300
    Oh yes as soon as he showed up in jessica jones I am like okay they cast the right dude for this job spot on marvel well done.

10. Royal Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
    DONOR

Royal
    Ratings:
    +7,315
    It needs more than 90's hip hop to make it Wirelike. We would need to see the story from whatever villains they opt for point of view in a way that makes us understand and relate to them to almost the point of sympathy. Daredevil came close this season when it gave us an Omar (The Punisher).

11. Shonuff Well-Known Member

Shonuff
    Ratings:
    +269
    At Comic Con this weekend, the guys playing Foggy and the Punisher were at a Q&A session. Foggy stated that Luke Cage will be the best Marvel show by far to date. The host asked him if he wanted to retract his statement, and say it was #2. Foggy said, fuck it, I'm not retracting the statement. He said the genuine feeling at Netflix (even among the cast of those already in other shows) is that Luke Cage will kill the other shows.

Now I'm pumped.

12. Column_sl shitlord

Column_sl
    Ratings:
    +5
  13. Croetec Well-Known Member

Croetec
    Ratings:
    +414
    Dirt Mcgirt would be proud.

14. gauze Active Member

gauze
    Ratings:
    +63
    I specifically came to this thread to say I lost my shit when I heard the opening cords ODB's Shimmy shimmy ya.. Only to find I won't be the only one hyped by the east coast flavor.

15. DONOR

Lithose
    Ratings:
    +20,891
    Have to say, that looks awesome. I would fucking kill to have Cap or Spider Man make a cameo in one of these. Honestly, Luke is on a level where it's hard to imagine he wouldn't get noticed by a group like the Avengers.

16. Chanur Man With No Name
    SUPER DONOR

Chanur
    Ratings:
    +3,044
    Oh baby I like it raw! Looks pretty good. I am excited.

17. Drakain Well-Known Member

Drakain
    Ratings:
    +386
    Hype level... Raw! Love the Netflix Marvel shows. Don't know shit about Luke Cage villians but don't care, these shows haven't let me down yet.

18. kaid Well-Known Member

kaid
    Ratings:
    +300
    It is a hilarious hallway fight great way to compare/contrast the dare devil ones. Luke is all about the slow rolling lack of fucks being given as he goes to work.

19. Shonuff Well-Known Member

Shonuff
    Ratings:
    +269
    OK, wow.

20. DONOR

Haus
    Ratings:
    +92
    Yes, I am very down with this and the ODB was a great touch to set the tone.

TV Show information in first post provided by The Movie Database