Marvel Snap

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Mav_Stl

Trakanon Raider
Yeah this game fucking sucks. Think I'm about done. I spent 10 hours today just seeing if I could climb a bit and I went from -30 cubes to pretty much even by the end of the day. I have almost a thousand games this season and am 100% stuck in the low 70's. Their matchmaking is just horrible. I'm constantly against full tier 3 decks and I only have 18 tier 3 cards. It's just not much fun anymore. Here is my collection and ranking for the last two seasons. Something is just wrong.
Cubes.png

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Nice chart, where did you get it? I assume a tracker you had to install?
I had a crazy -cube streak last season where I lost 10 ranks (100 cubes), but pulled it back up in a couple days.
Tilt is not your friend.
Biggest problem I see is you spent 10 hours playing in a single day.
Right now I'm just knocking out missions, Im at rank 82 with much less than 1k games played.

No idea what my collection stands at, my CL is 1350.

I only play Patriot deck, my T3 cards for it are Patriot, Mystique, Dr Boom and Ultron, everything else is T1/T2.
Next card I want for it is Wasp.
Also having Rogue would be nice to steal back Patriot effect from opponent's Rogue.
Rogue has been a headache, especially with the bundle making her much more available.
Had a sweet win where I defended Patriot with Ant Man and I won the 50/50. Rogue took Ant Man's ability... instant Retreat by Opponent lol (+2 cubes since I insta-Snap when I have Patriot/Mystique in hand)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mav_Stl

Trakanon Raider
Yep you are exactly right, I totally tilted yesterday and just kept riding the ups and downs all day without making any progress. After yesterday I'm just going to do my dailies and stop there until the new season. Patriot is one of the decks I'm having the most problems with.

I had a game yesterday that just really pissed me off. It was that destroy location in the mid lane we were both fighting for. I got warpath on 4 and destroyed 3 of his cards. Right after he snaps and I'm like WTF, how would you snap into that? So I had a decent 5 on a side lane and he plays only patriot. Then... turn six Ultron. So with two cards he was able to cover all three lanes with double digits of power. So infuriating...

I actually have Mystique but no Patriot, Sera or any of the big bombs to build a deck around. Here is the tracker link, it is pretty sweet to see your rematches and where you're losing the most cubes. Mine is unfortunately when the opponent snaps and I think I have it and I was wrong.

Oh and I'm currently sitting a 753CL

Tracker

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Oh, it requires playing on PC I guess?
I only play Snap on my phone.
Was hoping Snap had an API like some other games.
Oh well.

Ultron is really huge for Patriot deck, like obviously Patriot+Mystique are key but once I got Ultron my winrate jumped tremendously.
Also Dr Boom can come in clutch, but is played a lot less often.
Boom is great with 2x Reveal / copy to other location, and also works great when opponent plays Wave - which seems to be very often at these ranks.

A ton of Leader going on - Ultron is like the best counter to Leader when Patriot is on board.

I don't run Sera or Blue Marvel, maybe I should. I swap out 1 tech slot with various control options, I haven't found anything I'm married to really: Shang Chi, Cosmo, Enchantress, etc. I kinda hate them all. Rogue will fit there nicely though I think.

• 1Like

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Uhh yeah, realistically you aren't gonna hit 100 without seriously investing inordinate amounts of time and effort. Especially if you weren't in beta / alpha.

On a positive note, you can unlock every card in the game by just doing dailies, weeklies, playing a few games a day.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Uhh yeah, realistically you aren't gonna hit 100 without seriously investing inordinate amounts of time and effort. Especially if you weren't in beta / alpha.

On a positive note, you can unlock every card in the game by just doing dailies, weeklies, playing a few games a day.

Actually you can't. Pool 4 and 5 take too much time, and pool 5 can't even be randomly acquired.

And with 1 new card being released every week or whatever it is, there's no way to ever catch up without paying.

Only money I've put in was for 2 battle passes but no more from me, with such predatory practices I can't justify it.

They have $50 and $100 bundles that are absurd. I have still been playing just because games are quick enough, and I do have a majority of pool 3 now which helps a bit, but whenever I see a Galactus or other deck with pool 4 or 5 cards, it does eat at me a bit.

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
Actually you can't. Pool 4 and 5 take too much time, and pool 5 can't even be randomly acquired.

And with 1 new card being released every week or whatever it is, there's no way to ever catch up without paying.

Only money I've put in was for 2 battle passes but no more from me, with such predatory practices I can't justify it.

They have $50 and $100 bundles that are absurd. I have still been playing just because games are quick enough, and I do have a majority of pool 3 now which helps a bit, but whenever I see a Galactus or other deck with pool 4 or 5 cards, it does eat at me a bit.
I got a pool 5 from a collectors cache... Sentry....
season 1 nbc GIF by The Good Place

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Ah lol, I thought it was 0% but looks like there is a .25% for pool 5.

Sentry was used against me effectively once, I think he had Valkyrie as a turn 6 play to make the -8 a +3.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This guy started streaming Marvel Snap. He usually streams Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes but I've not seen better production values this side of Dr. Disrespect.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I'm completely hooked on the game. On Reveal and destroy decks are easy to piece together and cheese through the ranks. I try to keep my competitiveness in check and theorycraft decks. It's pretty mindless fun for me that way. I get competitive enough with MTG so this is a nice change of pace.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Hit 3k recently and just got Shuri. Ive been playing this deck for a couple days now and it's really consistent. Wong is just bait usually. I would run Giganto over Red Skull probably if I had him. She-Hulk is generally the MVP.

1676168936998.png

eyJOYW1lIjoiU2h1cmdvdGJpZyIsIkNhcmRzIjpbeyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTdW5zcG90In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJaZXJvIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBcm1vciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGl6YXJkIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJaYWJ1In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDb3NtbyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2h1cmkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IldvbmcifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkF0dHVtYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVGFza21hc3RlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUmVkU2t1bGwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNoZUh1bGsifV19

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yeah this game fucking sucks. Think I'm about done. I spent 10 hours today just seeing if I could climb a bit and I went from -30 cubes to pretty much even by the end of the day. I have almost a thousand games this season and am 100% stuck in the low 70's. Their matchmaking is just horrible. I'm constantly against full tier 3 decks and I only have 18 tier 3 cards. It's just not much fun anymore. Here is my collection and ranking for the last two seasons. Something is just wrong. View attachment 448634

here ya go pal, get some good tcg in your life

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I play this game daily, and really like it. I never was a mobile game kind of person, but this game has addicted me pretty hard.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Galactus build has been every other match lately, I bait them buy not playing anything on the left side then fuck them up turn 6
surprise threaten GIF

1681488590162.png

• 1Like

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I tried running a Galactus deck for a while. It was fun when it all came together, but I had more fails than wins with it honestly.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I tried running a Galactus deck for a while. It was fun when it all came together, but I had more fails than wins with it honestly.
The lockdown and -3 and -8 goblin are the early give aways but yeah I can see how it fails often.

Unrelated is there a way to see win rates with your decks anywhere?

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
The lockdown and -3 and -8 goblin are the early give aways but yeah I can see how it fails often.

Unrelated is there a way to see win rates with your decks anywhere?
Not that I am aware of, but it would be a nice feature to have.

• 1Like

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Honestly, the worst part about this game is not being able to guarantee that the card you base each deck around actually gets pulled in your hand at some point in the game.

I can't tell you how many times I have played a deck and never gotten the actual card the deck was designed around to be pulled. That's annoying as hell.