Marvel Snap

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Fidlen

Lord Nagafen Raider
New marvel card game similar to hearthstone. From what I can tell is you cant actually buy cards, so no pay to win that way but the way to unlock cards is random so you might end up with some shit cards early or some beast ones.

Entertaining enough though so far. We'll see after a few weeks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Game seems fun enough, but the upgrade system bothers me a bit. I'm fine with upgrading cards progressing you in their various ladder systems, but man...I'd be much more excited about it if they upgraded the cards beyond visuals. I get why they can't to an extent due to balancing, but it just is a lot less exciting.

Also, pocket Ironmans seem a little broken, at least at this point in playing they do.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tried this out. It's a lane Facebook card game from 2010 with marvel animations. Game was fine but there doesn't really appear to be any innovation here.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah its funny because an ad I saw for it was like "see the accumulation of 5years of work" or something along those lines and I was like "what?"

Djay

Trakanon Raider
A streamer I like/trust said he likes it more the more he plays it and that the gameplay actually feels "deep" 8-10 hours in.

My thought was that it shouldn't take 8-10 hours to make your game feel like it has depth. Whether it's true or not, most people aren't going to give it that much time.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I'm curious if the cards you get as you progress through the season are truly random or not as they say they are. I assume so since I see a lot of cards I don't have, and of the 6 or 7 I've go so far, only one has made my deck.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I'm curious if the cards you get as you progress through the season are truly random or not as they say they are. I assume so since I see a lot of cards I don't have, and of the 6 or 7 I've go so far, only one has made my deck.
Not sure what you're referring to, but the cards you're getting starting out are pre-determined from the "Season Pass" or "Collection Level". People playing cards you don't have are probably just higher level.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I guess you start getting Mystery Cards at level 18...if those are actually random, I don't know. I can tell you what I get for my first one later.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This is dangerous. It's just strategic enough to get the dopamine hit of out-smarting someone, and just quick and dumb enough to chain fire games endlessly without noticing. Hit collection level 60 first sitting.

First Mystery card was wolverine, so looks random

Fidlen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Got blade on 196. Cards seem random out of a select pool. The area unveils that say add 10 random cards to your hand seem to be very random as I've never seen anyone play them against me before more or less.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221023-095327_SNAP.jpg
    Screenshot_20221023-095327_SNAP.jpg
    756.3 KB · Views: 16

Fidlen

Lord Nagafen Raider
And yes iron man is a little broken.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221021-110755_SNAP.jpg
    Screenshot_20221021-110755_SNAP.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 45

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
"Overkill? That's my favorite kind of kill!"

Yeah, Ironman has been pretty damn good so far. Gamora has been the other nice five drop for me, with the double on reveal location being increased chance to appear ATM.

Four drops have felt really underwhelming, I'm usually happier to drop 2+2 or 3+1, and playing more of those instead of 4s smooths the curve.

Hulk has outperformed the other six drops I've gotten so far, just because he lets you go from behind on one location to far enough ahead that one play from the opponent isn't catching up (also why I like Gamora, and often drop her turn six). Will probably drop off once I have enough cards for the synergy 6 drops.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I dropped Hulk awhile ago, opted for more synergy cards and haven’t lost much from it, maybe twice and Hulk wouldn’t have got me those wins.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
"Overkill? That's my favorite kind of kill!"

Yeah, Ironman has been pretty damn good so far. Gamora has been the other nice five drop for me, with the double on reveal location being increased chance to appear ATM.

Four drops have felt really underwhelming, I'm usually happier to drop 2+2 or 3+1, and playing more of those instead of 4s smooths the curve.

Hulk has outperformed the other six drops I've gotten so far, just because he lets you go from behind on one location to far enough ahead that one play from the opponent isn't catching up (also why I like Gamora, and often drop her turn six). Will probably drop off once I have enough cards for the synergy 6 drops.

White Queen is pretty decent. 6 power for a 4drop and you potentially get a good draw as well.
0F8D803B-6408-4900-A48A-7E7A1AA8FBFE.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I just pulled White Queen with my 3rd or 4th random. Traded Sinister out for her in my On Reveal deck since I felt like he was taking up too much real estate for my more powerful cards.

I'm trying to get over my pvp anxiety. I haven't even lost a single game yet, but that almost makes it worse since the first loss feels like it is hanging over my head, so I usually just get enough games in to clear my quest log and then quit out.