Marvel Strike Force.

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
My top 10 after 52 days played... currently with a growing alliance, working through U5 atm (78% last run). Red stars are probably my least favorite aspect -- luck out on a 5rs pull and that toon is suddenly beast mode. And I really need to unlock that Loki node, but I'm really missing a good 5th mystic character to get to Mystic 3-6. I really don't want to level up Elektra, or America Chavez. I need Mordo, or Nobu, or Strange. Hand would work, but meh.

Noting my red star collection for posterity.

5rs: Loki (3), Mystique (3), Drax (2)
4rs: Green Goblin (4), AIM Security (2), Scientist Supreme (0), Deadpool (0), Thor (0), M'Baku (0), Okoye (0), Rhino (0)
3rs: Sabretooth (0), Falcon (0), Korath (0), Rocket (0), Gamora (0), Hydra Trooper (2), Hand Blademaster (3), Elektra (3), Crossbones (3), Psylocke (4)
2rs: Minnerva (3), Punisher (3), Bullseye (2), Hulk (4), Wolverine (3), Shield Medic (3), Kree Cyborg (2), Mantis (2), Colossus (2), Storm (2), Hand Sentry (2), Shield Assault (2), Ms. Marvel (1), Hydra Scientist (1), Hydra Grenadier (1), Hydra Armored (1), Iron Man (0), Dr. Strange (0), AIM Monstrosity (0), Thanos (0), AIM Infector (0), AIM Assault (0), Quake (0), Cable (0), Killmonger (0), Shield Security

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
The raid is pretty dumb and cranked to 11. We have a fairly solid alliance and we likely can’t manage 60%. I have the best roster in the alliance and already 3 of my teams are totally obliterated including BH and Shield, and I’ve cleared 4 nodes in 7-8 attempts. The middle SWitch boss node took me 3, had to keep quitting out before I’d lose my shield dudes to Mordo heal block garbage while they dropped in endless BH reinforcements.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Thanks for the info. I imagine we will be trying it in the next couple days, we will probably just shoot for 30%.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Thanks for the info. I imagine we will be trying it in the next couple days, we will probably just shoot for 30%.

To be fair, they've almost certainly tuned it against the typical raid teams in addition to just cranking the power level up, and I haven't bothered to theorycraft better teams. My leading/organizing days are well behind me so I'm letting our officers figure that shit out and they can tell me what would be better to use.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
So we managed to get 30% on the VII, just barely. I took the same route as you, Seananigans - the middle SW route. Thanks for mentioning quitting out to save your teams. I knew that was a thing but hadn't really thought about it in a long time because of how I'd been rolling through VI for so long. I also took three attempts for SW node. Made it to the Nick Fury node but got smoked there. I used roughly 400 raid health packs and 8-9 attacks total.

Acidfly, for going through the mystic campaign I'd recommend Mordo of the three you listed, though I did use Strange as well. I don't remember the Loki node specifically, but I do remember the Vision node at the end, and you'll want Mordo for that. 50-something days played and already working on the Loki node is pretty impressive. I've got buddies who've been playing for 400 days who haven't got that node unlocked - though I imagine that's more a lack of effort than any inability to get there.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
We got to almost 50% on the new raid. im Trying to keep my interest in the game going but it’s getting harder and harder.

Fadaar

That guy
Did this game get better? I tried to stick with it the first few months but just got bored and then angry when the red stars came out.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
It is what it is. It's more fun if you have a bunch of people who play regularly. I would pick it up again if I had a good active alliance that aren't dicks.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I stopped playing this about 3 or 4 months ago because to go farther than i was I had to get into an alliance that would require me to be in their discord and coordinate and I already do that enough with other leisure activities I didnt want to do that with a mobile game I wanted to play for fun when not at my pc.

• 1Like

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Did this game get better? I tried to stick with it the first few months but just got bored and then angry when the red stars came out.

I've been playing a lot for around 6 months. I can't emphasise strongly enough to stay away from this game.

Ignoring the cut throat attitude of the company, the way they bait and switch, the way when your game bugs out and you lose resources and if you bother to submit a ticket every time their CR will tell you (ever so politely) to fuck off and not refund you :

there are two main game modes :

i) Arena - league table in which you get 5 free games a day to play against the people in the few spots above you to try climb the ladder. The league is limited to the people who start playing around the same time as you. Thing is over time they merge your league with other leagues as people leave. The window for players gets wider over time and you will have to massively spend (at least thousands of dollars) to stay relevant. No matter how much you spend you are massively at the mercy of how lucky you are with red stars.

ii) Raids - Alpha/Beta/Gamma/Delta raids are the main source of gold used to progress. They rotate them. Every time they rotate around they make the nodes significantly harder than last time. Lots of alliances (most/all) are making less progress in these raids than they were in months gone by because of this.

TLDR : Foxnext do everything they can to get you to spend more and more, including pulling the rug from under your achievements in leveling your characters.

Truly despicable company which has a literal abusive relationship with its customers.

nb : for people who aren't familiar with red stars they were released way after the game launched. Originally characters just progressed from 1 to 7 yellow stars. Red stars can overwrite them - from 1 to 7 they improve all aspects of your character by 2, 5, 10, 20, 35, 50 and 75% It's just ridiculously unbalanced which means the guy who lucks out getting the 6 or 7 red star key characters can and usually will dominate the leagues.

Red star orbs cost $5/£5 each. The chance of rolling 6 star is 0.25%, the chance of rolling 7 star is .05% So you're spending around $10000/£10000 to get one 7 star character. Then they can randomly be one of over 100 characters, including trash minions.

TLDR : stay far, far away. Be glad you've never touched this game. If you're playing it I feel your pain. Some of the aspects I've described have only come about in the recent past when many people have been playing (and paying) for a long time.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
You're missing two more game modes. Blitz and War.

You get 5 red star orbs every week now if you login 7 days in a row. They've also increased the number of ways red star orb frags are received. There's currently a Blitz to farm frags.

There's also Enter the Darkness and Fear the Darkness campaign modes, one needs 5 characters at 7 stars, the other requires 5 characters at T13 gear. Unlocks Ultron. Generally takes a person 30 days to complete one the first time.

Arena is arena, you're gonna get shit on by the top teams. I barely do the minimum 2 a day for the daily, and just to stay in the 100-200 range for consistent 550 Arena credits.

Blitz is like arena, but it's designed around playing multiple of your own teams to build up towards milestones and can be played until you run out of characters or energy to play the same characters. I have something like 6 or 7 different teams that I slowly build up from until I lose, then I start back at my bottom group to reset the level of characters I'm facing and minimize energy consumption playing the same characters. Rewards change about every 7? days. Sometimes 1 - 3 days, depending on the rewards. Falcon frags were 1 day, Night Nurse were 2 days, currently there's a 2 day red orb frag blitz and a several day premium orb blitz running concurrently. Concurrent blitzes run independently, meaning they each have their own milestones and you can use the same characters across both without extra energy.

War was recently added and is an extension of Arena. You setup 12 rooms, 2 person each for defense, and you're randomly paired to another alliance in your same "bucket" that's relatively the same power level. You attack their helicarrier from the top down, 3 across, 4 down. There's 8 nodes x2 people. You clear one person's 8 nodes, it opens up the level below. You take out both person's nodes you take out that unit and rewarded 50 points to the total. There's a Bridge and Engineering units/rooms at the bottom that you can get 100 and 200 points for getting to and clearing. There's strategy in how you setup your defense, as well as how you clear your opponents units. War happens 3 times a week.

All in all it is an incredibly grindy game, and if you can get over the Arena aspect where you fight against people who spend $1000's, or who have played for a year, there are parts that are enjoyable. I really enjoy the Ultima raid that is a current mainstay and interacting with my Alliance. The secondary raids are kinna whatever (Alpha/Beta.etc), rewards aren't that great to focus on too heavily (get like 400 Black Panther orb shards per day at 30% on Alpha 2 or whatever).

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
TLDR- It's a Marvel version of SW:GOH where basically every game mode is in theory better but ultimately executed FUCKING TERRIBLY. Daily raids can kiss my ass, as can the War mode. Despite the latter being fun, 3 days a week for a mode that wants you logging in ALL THE FUCKING TIME is just dumb as shit.

FoxNext is cancer. If I didn't like Marvel and this type of game as much as I do, not to mention wasn't invested since day 1 (ugh, ripping away from one of these games hurts), I'd have dropped it a long time ago.