Marvel Universe stuff

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Idris Elba was a great Heimdall.
Nick Fury should be white dammit!

Seriously though, I don't think the SJWs had a hand in whitewashing an Asian dude.
There are few people who hate SJW pandering in casting choices as much as I do but Idris Elba as Heimdall was awesome, Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury was awesome (and in-line with the Ultimate version of comic, which was in fact based on him), and Swindon as the Ancient One is great as well. If it makes a movie better, it isn't pandering.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah and im sure Jake Gyllenhaal could act the shit out of black panther or someone from the Wakanda. Still would be stupid

j00t

kevin feige explained that "the ancient one" is more of a title that is passed down. just like the sorcerer supreme or iron fist. i'm not sure what i think about THAT explanation, but it is what it is. they may also change the storyline a little to fit. i don't remember the details of how strange ended up training in the himalays, was it a plane crash? have the ancient sit next to him under the guise of a woman. She watches him to see how he handles things. the plane crashes and she follows him until he finds the city where he learns magic. i seriously am only remembering bits and pieces of his origin but i don't think it would be much of a stretch if done well. I mean, i'm all for respecting your source material, but this is marvel. it's their own source material. it's not like fox just changing things all willy nilly. /shrug

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
makeup can really fucking change you
tilda-transformation.jpg

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
good god, even seeing them next to one another I have trouble believing that's Tilda Swinton on the left. Gotta be a notable weight difference in those pictures or something.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That picture could resurrect the make up or no makeup debate that was going on in some thread a few months back. Was it the " Marriage and the Power of Divorce" thread?
Except in the picture on the left it's basically pounds of makeup being applied by professional make-up artists. Not quite the same as dolling yourself up at home.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Except in the picture on the left it's basically pounds of makeup being applied by professional make-up artists. Not quite the same as dolling yourself up at home.
Ok, I will put you down in the "Would kick her out of bed for eating crackers category."

Seriously though, I think the tanned skin whether it is from the sun, light bulbs or spray helps a lot. I would bang Left Tilda without hesitation, Right Tilda not so much.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Dude if you went face to face with Tilda on the left you'd probably suffocate in those many many layers of foundation. Or you'd pull back with a big orange streak on your face and a big pale white one on hers.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm not saying I'd push someone who looked like the woman on the left out of bed, far from it. I'm saying you could not have sex with Tilda looking like that without most of her makeup ending up all over you and the bed, then suddenly you'd have your dick stuck in Tilda on the right.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
this requires a team and lots of prep work

daily, hour-long session with self-tanning cream, followed by "layers and layers" of bronzers on her face and d?colletage. "She's [normally] translucent, and we turned her the color of a coconut shell," says Panchenko.

The natural redhead - who normally wears her hair cropped and icy blond - opted for a custom shoulder-length topper by wig maker Alan D'Angerio (Working Girl)

Swinton's eye makeup, swapping her trademark barely-there look for dark and dramatic smokey eyes. "She said, 'If I'm going to put makeup on, I'm going to put on the most eyeliner I can,'" Panchenko says. "We spent a lot of time on the eyes."

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
i don't remember the details of how strange ended up training in the himalays, was it a plane crash?
I don't know about the "real" Marvel universe, but the Ultimate universe had him as a really good doctor and his dad (I think it was his dad) ran up debt with the local Yakuza, and because he didn't pay, they broke his son's hands. He became really mad and was going to give up his dreams when he found out about a priest in the Himalayas that could heal him.

He was up there healing and practicing deep meditation when he awoke his ability as Sorcerer Supreme.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
OG 616, He's a surgeon, car crash he now has shakey hands. He tries everything to fix em, oh he's also a major selfish douche. He eventually stumbles upon the Ancient One, he won't help Strange cuz he knows Strange is a selfish douche (but of course sees the good in him) something happens w/ Baron Mordo, then bam Strange is an apprentice, he eventually is forced to kill Ancient One cuz of plot? He becomes Sorceror Supreme, gets a house in the Village and a Chinese Alfred.

Homsar

Didnt the original Doctor Strange kill his wife and that messed him up? Thought that made him give up on life. Probably mixing some other origin story like dr fate

Wasnt the animated movie good? Watched it years ago but cant remember much