Marvel Universe stuff

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I must not be the nerd I used to be, who is this? I was thinking morph but it's been a while

Screenshot_2023-09-18-19-46-20-46_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

tldr
disney - this isn't season 4, but season 1, so you get s1 rates
Meh, in this case I am with Disney. They have no obligation to old Netflix contracts. I know they do shady shit with their shows, but this isn't the same. The show isn't even going to be fully faithful to the Netflix one.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Meh, in this case I am with Disney. They have no obligation to old Netflix contracts. I know they do shady shit with their shows, but this isn't the same. The show isn't even going to be fully faithful to the Netflix one.
Its been long enough that I do agree that this is different than Disney's usual "Add a suffix to a show and say its season 1" changes to fuck their writers, producers and child actors, but those shows were still made by Marvel under the umbrella of Marvel TV, which is now folded into Marvel studios. Netflix was just the broadcaster.

edit: actually I may be wrong and Netflix did provide a bunch of the money, but Disney and Marvel were the production company. Netflix did cancel the shows tho, to Marvel's surprise and their contract meant Marvel couldn't make their own shows for a couple of years. It all seems messy and I am still on the side of these are new shows and this isn't Disney's usual fuckery with TV shows.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Yeah. Netflix put up money and had the licensing rights to the show. As well as renewal/cancellation power. Which is why Disney had to wait 2 years to do anything with those characters.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user