Marvel Universe stuff

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
A 747 falls through a crack in space.

Silver Surfer meets a mysterious girl, she's the key to everything and just perfect in every way, actually she's Galactus' secret sister.

The 747 is a dream, forget it happened.

Anyway Silver Surfer and Galactus' sister get married and the entire budget is spent on a 360 degree camera shot of the bride and groom.

On honeymoon Silver Surfer turns on the TV and IT'S GAY MORIARTY, BUT HOW IS HE BACK!?

Like... Moffat... what the fuck are you saying? He ruined Doctor Who and was coasting on having Matt Smith and Karen Gillian.

It's easy to shit on him now, lets gloss over his role in reviving the show from death and giving us Eccleston and Tennant in the first place since it doesn't help your argument.
On a short leash where he doesn't need to create any of the crazy crap you mentioned, you employ him to adapt the existing story from the comic. Trim the fat, fix the dialogue.
He's an industry writer from Doctor Who, adapting a story that is Doctor Who in all but name who you can slap on the product which tells everyone what kind of story it is. Win / Win.
He gets the companion dynamic which is at the heart of the story. Same reason I said British director, since they will have familiarity having grown up with the show.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think they might see it as the perfect opportunity to introduce a non binary/gender fluid character.
Hell make it polyamorous pansexual
I believe that bar has already been hurdled...

ruby rose arrow GIF by Sky

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's easy to shit on him now, lets gloss over his role in reviving the show from death and giving us Eccleston and Tennant in the first place since it doesn't help your argument.
That's Russel T Davies, not Stephen Moffat.

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
That's Russel T Davies, not Stephen Moffat.
Ok, it's not fair to make it sound like he was solely responsible since he definitely wasn't. How about if I rephrase it as he contributed to the early seasons in a way that made us care about Eccleston and Tennant in the first place. Season 1 standouts like The Empty Child and The Doctor Dances or Season 2 with The Girl in the Fireplace. There are people who know nothing about Doctor Who, but still know Blink with the Weeping Angel statues from Season 3.

I'm with you that he's had some stinkers, like that god awful Dracula series most recently. At the same time, 6 of the top 10 rated episodes for the revival on IMDB are his. Let's not pretend he isn't capable of writing decent material.

You must be enough of a Doctor Who fan if you care enough to argue with me. You should read the comic I mentioned, you'll enjoy it as a fan.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How funny would it be if they CGIed her eye width but left the silver tits intact.

• 1Mother of God

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i was watching some Kick-Ass clips last night. i'm surprised they never hired Mathhew Vaughn for any Marvel stuff. he actually has experience directing superhero type films and they make money.

silver surfer?
she's pretty and it would be fun to see what she looks like in silver latex or body paint. but it would be a travesty for gender swapping SS.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I tried to Dall-e Anya Taylor Joy as silver surfer, but Bing had other ideas, for a MODERN AUDIENCE

Capture.JPG

• 1Worf

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Well the MCU can’t get any worse by adding this alien
I am still thinking that this is Frankie Raye (Nova) that they are having in the movie. If whoever started the rumor saw a pic, with not much comic knowledge, I can see them assuming it was a sex swap. Also it's less controversial if it's really just another Herald and not Surfer.

ezgif-4-7c9a3b517b.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
I am still thinking that this is Frankie Raye (Nova) that they are having in the movie. If whoever started the rumor saw a pic, with not much comic knowledge, I can see them assuming it was a sex swap. Also it's less controversial if it's really just another Herald and not Surfer.

View attachment 501830
I agree that its most likely just a different herald that is female and not silver surfer, however I've read that they are bringing in Richard Rider Nova and there is no way in hell they are bringing in two new characters with the same name into the MCU. They do not think that highly of their viewers.

• 2Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I agree that its most likely just a different herald that is female and not silver surfer, however I've read that they are bringing in Richard Rider Nova and there is no way in hell they are bringing in two new characters with the same name into the MCU. They do not think that highly of their viewers.
Eh, It'll be one of those things where they like call one of them Nova once, but then end up using their real name most of the time. Also the Galactus/Nova may be a one off villain and replaced by the actual Silver Surfer. Let alone that the Richard Rider Nova has been talked about since before Captain Marvel was announced. I think that he may be replaced by Quasar since they made the Nega-Bands MCU canon.

• 1Like

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Eh, It'll be one of those things where they like call one of them Nova once, but then end up using their real name most of the time. Also the Galactus/Nova may be a one off villain and replaced by the actual Silver Surfer. Let alone that the Richard Rider Nova has been talked about since before Captain Marvel was announced. I think that he may be replaced by Quasar since they made the Nega-Bands MCU canon.
Thats true. They might even call this female herald something else even though its just Nova since its likely to be a one off.
I'm not sure what they are thinking about the whole galactic theme going forward without the guardians but Nova would be a good center piece along with a more serious version of Adam Warlock, maybe they just set up a new guardians team with these 2 as the power houses.
As far as Quasar, I'm thinking they might just go ahead and introduce him only to give his powers to Phyla Vell since they introduced her in Thor 4.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Thats true. They might even call this female herald something else even though its just Nova since its likely to be a one off.
I'm not sure what they are thinking about the whole galactic theme going forward without the guardians but Nova would be a good center piece along with a more serious version of Adam Warlock, maybe they just set up a new guardians team with these 2 as the power houses.
As far as Quasar, I'm thinking they might just go ahead and introduce him only to give his powers to Phyla Vell since they introduced her in Thor 4.
We probably won't know what is going to happen with Quill and the Guardians til the Avengers movies. I am kinda sad that we won't be getting an Infinity Watch movie with Adam Warlock. Especially since they did introduce Pip the Troll, but we lost Gamora and Drax.

We don't really know how powerful Vell is yet. She may not even need the bands, although it could be used for a future power up. I hope we do get Quasar though, I always liked him.

• 1Like

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
We probably won't know what is going to happen with Quill and the Guardians til the Avengers movies. I am kinda sad that we won't be getting an Infinity Watch movie with Adam Warlock. Especially since they did introduce Pip the Troll, but we lost Gamora and Drax.

We don't really know how powerful Vell is yet. She may not even need the bands, although it could be used for a future power up. I hope we do get Quasar though, I always liked him.
Honestly, we are probably giving this way more thought than any of the people working on it right now. And that's the sad part.
But I feel you 100%.

• 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Honestly, we are probably giving this way more thought than any of the people working on it right now. And that's the sad part.
But I feel you 100%.

Most of the thought processing power of the people working on it is being used up on "adapt for MODERN AUDIENCES" and "clap back at racist online trolls!"