Marvel Universe stuff

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They need to simplify things with whoever the next big bad will be. Back in the day, all my normie friends knew Thanos was an overarching villain because he'd pop up in most movies in a small part or credits scene. They were excited to finally see him take center stage. None of my normie friends knew who Kang was or, if they did, knew that he was being built as an overarching villain. It was all spread across too much TV and too few post credit scenes in movies.

He was in Antman.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
He was in Antman.
And normies just assumed he was that movie's villain. The post credit seemed like it was just setting up a sequel unless you watched Loki, which very few people I know did.

*Edit* Maybe it's not that he isn't popping up enough, but that he had too much focus? Being the main villain of a movie before he's the main villain of another movie seems confusing. Average viewers didn't see Kang and say "Oh, they're building up to this guy" like they did with Thanos.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
timothy chalamet as young beyonder
Russell Crowe as Fat Beyonder
Henry Cavill as Battleworld Beyonder

Chris

Potato del Grande
Maybe it's not that he isn't popping up enough, but that he had too much focus? Being the main villain of a movie before he's the main villain of another movie seems confusing. Average viewers didn't see Kang and say "Oh, they're building up to this guy" like they did with Thanos.
Nerds told everyone who Thanos was and how amazing the Infinity Gauntlet was. Then it wasn't just collecting McGuffins, it was the good guys who interacted with them being "collected" by the storyline for a huge payoff that hadn't been done before.

Nobody is saying how awesome Kang is, because he's never been amazing. Also we have already already seen the heros team up so it's no longer novel.

They should have used Dr Doom to get some Fantastic Four hype started, or Magneto to get X-Men hype.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Nerds told everyone who Thanos was and how amazing the Infinity Gauntlet was. Then it wasn't just collecting McGuffins, it was the good guys who interacted with them being "collected" by the storyline for a huge payoff that hadn't been done before.

Nobody is saying how awesome Kang is, because he's never been amazing. Also we have already already seen the heros team up so it's no longer novel.

They should have used Dr Doom to get some Fantastic Four hype started, or Magneto to get X-Men hype.
Loki season 1 ruined Kang. he was easily killable. yeah everything went to shit afterward, but so? Loki fixed what needed fixing by the end of season 2. Kang who? i didnt watch antman 3, but he got his ass kicked there too. already a punk villain. nobody is going to think anything of him.

Goatface

Mark Ruffalo is one of the biggest faces of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, having appeared in multiple film series outside of the Avengers films as the Incredible Hulk. Despite this, he’s still never gotten a solo film all to himself. When asked if the possibility is on the table, Ruffalo admits the film might be too expensive to ever actually make happen.

“I’d love to do a standalone Hulk, I just don’t think that’s ever going to happen,” Ruffalo told GQ. “It’s very expensive if you did a whole movie, which is why they use the Hulk so sparingly. I priced myself out!”

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Isnt there licensing issues too? Like arent they not allowed to do a Hulk standalone?

Edit - Ruffalo is stupid, they dont own rightsto distribute Hulk movies so paying another studio to do so is what prices it out. They can use the character but Universal owns the solo films.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Isnt there licensing issues too? Like arent they not allowed to do a Hulk standalone?

Edit - Ruffalo is stupid, they dont own rightsto distribute Hulk movies so paying another studio to do so is what prices it out. They can use the character but Universal owns the solo films.
They got that shit back about 7 months ago. It is why they were finally able to have The Incredible Hulk on Disney+.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think Ruffalo would rather make up bullshit about CGI costs than admit he can't carry a solo movie because nobody wants to fucking see him. They straight up ruined that character in endgame, Ruffahulk is just unbearable.

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

I'm pretty sure recently I saw a video of him talking about exactly that same sentiment - it being expensive/difficult - but in the context of licensing rights. At least that's how I interpreted it

Edit found it

Your not autistic friend shared this video with you. Watch it now!

• 2Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
They got that shit back about 7 months ago. It is why they were finally able to have The Incredible Hulk on Disney+.

Damn, well that means they have all their rights back except Sony with spiderman, but Sony can’t make anymore spiderman films without Marvela approval so that’s why we get morbius and madame web right?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Damn, well that means they have all their rights back except Sony with spiderman, but Sony can’t make anymore spiderman films without Marvela approval so that’s why we get morbius and madame web right?
Yes and no. They can make whatever the fuck they want with their Spidey IP. However, they wouldn't be able to reference any MCU stuff. I mean they are making other Spider-man movies right now with their Spiderverse films. Those have no link to the MCU. These other movies are all Sony, but Marvel can make them cut anything MCU related.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Sony have temporary agreements to share the characters, it's already been renewed once. Sony own the IP but Tom Holland is Disney exclusive for now.

We don't know the exact details, but whatever agreement they made is why Sony are sticking to secondary characters.

I remember something about Sony Corporate in Japan having to step in to get the deal done because they saw the money in the MCU, they didn't give a shit about the Hollywood politics of Sony Movies who didn't want to do this for ego reasons.

Unless Disney buys Sony they aren't getting the right back. Sony is large enough and diversified enough that I can't see Disney ever being wealthy or interested enough to buy them.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Sony have temporary agreements to share the characters, it's already been renewed once. Sony own the IP but Tom Holland is Disney exclusive for now.

We don't know the exact details, but whatever agreement they made is why Sony are sticking to secondary characters.

I remember something about Sony Corporate in Japan having to step in to get the deal done because they saw the money in the MCU, they didn't give a shit about the Hollywood politics of Sony Movies who didn't want to do this for ego reasons.

Unless Disney buys Sony they aren't getting the right back. Sony is large enough and diversified enough that I can't see Disney ever being wealthy or interested enough to buy them.
Tom Holland is exclusive for Disney? only thing i found was he is set to do Spidey 4 for Sony/Marvel. when does the Disney exclusive kick in?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Tom Holland is exclusive for Disney? only thing i found was he is set to do Spidey 4 for Sony/Marvel. when does the Disney exclusive kick in?
Why do you think he or any other "Peter Parker" hasn't cameoed in Venom/Morbius/Madame Web?

Not sure if we know the exact agreement, but we can guess what it is based on their actions.

Tom Holland has never been in a Sony movie, Sony just get paid their cut for the IP rights.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Why do you think he or any other "Peter Parker" hasn't cameoed in Venom/Morbius/Madame Web?

Not sure if we know the exact agreement, but we can guess what it is based on their actions.

Tom Holland has never been in a Sony movie, Sony just get paid their cut for the IP rights.
Peter Parker/Tom Holland likely is only in the Sony/Marvel/MCU crossover films while somebody like Miles Morales is exclusive to Sony. i dunno if that means Tom Holland is exclusive to Disney. his last movie was made by Columbia (Sony) and his last TV series was put out by Apple TV.

Goatface

didn't realize it is called SSU (sony spiderman universe) started in 2018. don't know how ms web bombing has changed their plans

Kraven the Hunter - in post production
Venom 3 - filming

in development

The Sinister Six
Nightwatch
Jackpot
unknown developed and directed by Olivia Wilde (maybe Spider-Woman)
unknown developed by Roberto Orci (to feature someone outside of spider-verse that sony has rights to)
El Muerto
Hypno-Hustler (Donald Glover)
Miles Morales / Spider-Man

TV
Silk: Spider Society
Spider-Man Noir series
Black Cat and Silver Sable